Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have started sewing some of the saltines together, but instead I made some more. Now there is no more room in the box I have this project in, so I have to sew some together before I make more.

Mary, could you add 11 more solids for me :D

I should have started sewing some of the saltines together, but instead I made some more. Now there is no more room in the box I have this project in, so I have to sew some together before I make more.

:lol I do the same thing a lot...it's hard to stop making squares when you're on a roll. 11 more added. :hook

Everyone's projects are beautiful :yes

I haven't posted here in a while. I had to put my latest saltine project on the back burner for a bit so I could try to get a few things finished. But the saltines were calling my name today and I couldn't resist anymore. So I made 2 rows of saltines for my design. Only 5 more rows to make, then to finish sewing it all together.

Mary, could you please add 22 solids for me :D

Yes making saltines are very addictive.

It's been a very quiet day and that makes me happy. :D I crocheted and spent a little time at the desk. I also had fun trying to take pictures of hummingbirds outside my kitchen window...of course, they left quickly. :lol Just wanted to share some of my flowers on the last day of summer.

th_Flowers002.jpg

Mary what a beautiful picture

Yes they can get out of hand cant they. I need to get some containers to put my projects in, need to have a look at the shops. I have my projects sitting all over the place and in bags and it would be nice to just have them in containers sitting here and I can just grab the container I want.

Yes they can get out of hand cant they. I need to get some containers to put my projects in, need to have a look at the shops. I have my projects sitting all over the place and in bags and it would be nice to just have them in containers sitting here and I can just grab the container I want.

I use anything I can get my hands on to keep saltines in :D Many are in a shoebox. Hubby got a CD in the mail on Saturday morning and within an hour of him opening the package I had another batch of saltines in there. He looked in the box later and shook his head - he said "you are like a cat that takes over anything it sees as it's own" :lol It was handy to keep the saltines for two different baby-ghans separate :yes

Mary - ten solids for me from Sunday. I spent my spare time yesterday (not much of that) sewing together.

Uh-oh:devil

th_HPIM0636.jpg(clicky). .

Here's the little grotto in our yard - this year some friends gave us the statue of St. Francis (patron of animals) and I moved the pots of impatiens there (they love the shade). The little green upright thing is a solar light. The fence is to try and keep the dogs from running through there.

I'm Catholic, and SDR is Greek Orthodox but it was his idea to put the grotto together after seeing a larger version on the grounds of a nearby church. It's a wonderul place to sit...

Dusti wow 129inches wide thats fantastic. Way to go:clap it will be a beautiful blanket. Your doing the sc joining arent you. I did that with the Casa and found it time consuming. I havent done it that way since though as I find it easier to do block by block but we each have our own way that we like to do it.

I am using the sc joining... How do you join your blocks? I get a bit bogged-down if I spend too much time joining at a stretch. I would much rather be making saltines. At this rate, I will still be joining a year from now :P (let's hope not!!)

Mary, your garden flowers are so pretty. No wonder the hummingbirds were visiting you, yesterday.

Here's the little grotto in our

Judy -- that is just lovely! What a great place to sit with your morning coffee and just think. I could really like that. Nice landscaping plan you have, there.

Val -- I cannot remember whether I commented on your pink ribbon ghan, but I just have to say you did a fantastic job. What a nice design. Did you get to watch the Vikings game, yesterday afternoon? I'm not a football fan, but at least the game would have been worthwhile watching :lol

Dusti- I tend to obsess over one project at a time, bouncing between my WIPS. I worked for over two weeks on my latest scrappie and got over halfway done, and then the AGC called to me. So I'll work on saltines until the mood strikes to do rows again. :) AGC is fun because I'm watching the girls come to life.

Oh, I can see how much fun it would be to see the girls emerge as you worked. Good luck with it!

Mary -- Please add 50 solids for me. I crocheted a bit last night, after the girls were in bed and have enough saltines to assemble two more blocks :woo

Dusti, thank you. And no, I didn't get to watch. Unless you count the online version, which isn't as much fun. DBF didn't call until 3, he apparently had gone out on his motorcycle w/ some friends at 9. They intended to go to this one place and the next thing he knew, he's getting home at 3. Grrr.

Wow, Dusti! Your IC is wonderful. :cheer I really like the colors you're using.

Hi Mel ~ It's great to see you here again. :yes 22 solids added.

Wendy, have a good Monday. :manyheart 17 added!

It's been a very quiet day and that makes me happy. :D I crocheted and spent a little time at the desk. I also had fun trying to take pictures of hummingbirds outside my kitchen window...of course, they left quickly. :lol Just wanted to share some of my flowers on the last day of summer.

th_Flowers002.jpg

I use anything I can get my hands on to keep saltines in :D Many are in a shoebox. Hubby got a CD in the mail on Saturday morning and within an hour of him opening the package I had another batch of saltines in there. He looked in the box later and shook his head - he said "you are like a cat that takes over anything it sees as it's own" :lol It was handy to keep the saltines for two different baby-ghans separate :yes

Mary - ten solids for me from Sunday. I spent my spare time yesterday (not much of that) sewing together.

Here's the little grotto in our yard - this year some friends gave us the statue of St. Francis (patron of animals) and I moved the pots of impatiens there (they love the shade). The little green upright thing is a solar light. The fence is to try and keep the dogs from running through there.

I'm Catholic, and SDR is Greek Orthodox but it was his idea to put the grotto together after seeing a larger version on the grounds of a nearby church. It's a wonderul place to sit...

Holy smokes! Judy & Mary you have beautiful spots in your gardens. I'm so jealous. I'm lucky if the lawn gets mown :lol

Yes, I'm up already. Actually I've been up for an hour and a half. We have yet another contractor here giving an estimate on insulation. Just one more estimate to go :yay Got the estimate from the plumber this morning and it was NOT pretty :lol

Cara, good luck with the contractor...are you getting a couple of different estimates?

Well, I have to finish writing a couple of bills for FIL and then to the PO.

CU all later:hug

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Thanks for the comments...after some rain and cooler weather, everything in the yard feels better - including me. :lol

Judy, your grotto is lovely. Does that fence really keep German Shepards out? :devil We get MIL's mail here, too. I've been at my desk for an hour with more to do later. :(

Karen, 10 more solids are on the list. :yarn

Hi Dusti ~ I'd rather be making squares, too. That's why I usually have a ziploc full before I know it. ;) 50 solids added. :hook

Cara, it sounds like lots of remodeling will be going on at the Happy Yellow House. Can't wait to hear about all you're doing. :yes

It's gorgeous and looks so peaceful.

Joyce

Cara, good luck with the contractor...are you getting a couple of different estimates?

Yep, just need another electrician and one more plumber and we'll be all set to go talk to our banker. :yay Wish some of these folks wanted to do estimates after lunch when I really wake up. This 8 a.m. is killing me :lol

Cara, it sounds like lots of remodeling will be going on at the Happy Yellow House. Can't wait to hear about all you're doing. :yes

It's all the "unfun" stuff. Central heat and air, insulation, new hot water heater and new windows. The house is 83 years old and has zero insulation and the original windows. This is probably why our electric bills are $600+ :lol So we're getting that taken care of. I just hope Mr Banker Man will let us have a home improvement loan :xfin The water heater has to be replaced no matter what though :yes

Judy, your grotto is lovely. Does that fence really keep German Shepards out? :devil We get MIL's mail here, too. I've been at my desk for an hour with more to do later. :(

Thanks...well, it's more of a mental barrier...which they don't always respect:P

Joyce, it really is peaceful...unless our neighbor across the street is playing with his professional landscaping equipment:angry..Nice kid, but I think he has OCD, judging by the way he does things...

Hello, everyone,

It seems like forever since I've been able to get on the internet. Kim and I are being bothered by fall hayfever, but other than that things are going well. The home computer system still won't let us on the internet. ARGHHH! :thair I miss all of you terribly. I'm still crocheting, although I've been mainly working on thread projects of late. I have 3 3/4 of 7 filet pieces done now. I'm just starting to get back on saltines. I have the Painted Desert and the Stacked Cubes to finish, and then it will be a picture of a dachsund for John's mom and dad. Katie bought the yarn for it and the pattern is pretty much done, just have to do it. The filet projects have to come first though, because they are Christmas presents and all of a sudden it looks like I have a lot of crocheting to do in the next 3 months. :eek:eek:eek Hope everyone is staying well. I'll add more when I get a chance. Love,

Hello, everyone,

It seems like forever since I've been able to get on the internet. Kim and I are being bothered by fall hayfever, but other than that things are going well. The home computer system still won't let us on the internet. ARGHHH! :thair I miss all of you terribly. I'm still crocheting, although I've been mainly working on thread projects of late. I have 3 3/4 of 7 filet pieces done now. I'm just starting to get back on saltines. I have the Painted Desert and the Stacked Cubes to finish, and then it will be a picture of a dachsund for John's mom and dad. Katie bought the yarn for it and the pattern is pretty much done, just have to do it. The filet projects have to come first though, because they are Christmas presents and all of a sudden it looks like I have a lot of crocheting to do in the next 3 months. :eek :eek :eek Hope everyone is staying well. I'll add more when I get a chance. Love,

Hi Linda!! :hi :2hug Gosh we miss you :sigh Wish they would get the puter fixed. Sounds like you're getting lots done though.

Cara thats good that your getting all the insulation etc done, hopefully it will bring your electricity bill down.

Linda its great to see you, sorry your still having problems with your internet. We miss you in here. Cant wait to see pictures of the thread projects your making.

Some of you already know this but just wanted to share. I found out from my doctor that I could be a diabetic. Just have to do one more test which is the glucose intolerance test, not sure if you have heard of it but you have a blood test then they give you a drink and then after and hour you have another blood test. So Im trying to change my diet and trying to lose some weight. I have talked a lot about losing weight but havent actually done the doing part so now have to really focus on my eating habits.

Archived