Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:hi Pickles.

Morning Wendy. I am using green, pink and purple. :hook Was only going to be green and purple, but decided I didn't like the look of it on the graph and added some pink.

Tracy those colors will look great. Cant wait to see it come together.

Morning all,

I hope everyone in Ike's path is faring well. Mary, hope you make it home safely.

For International Crochet Day I was able to make 72 saltines :hook so Mary that makes my total for the week 138 solids.:hook:clap

Wow thats fantastic Linda. :clap

th_ATW.jpg

Amy thats just gorgeous. Love the colours you used. :clap

:lol:lol

Didn't touch any saltines yesterday. I did get 5 squares for my H bag finished though. Today I'm going to try and finish the AGC.

Well done on the H bag, its great to have a break from the little saltines and make big saltines.

oooooooooooo, Amy, that came out gorgeous. :drool

Done two rows of the BIC, going to start a baby cardigan now, itching to see what it looks like. :hook

I have the same issue. I started a Fat Bottom Bag since I can't work on the Pink Ribbon at my desk right now. I have some sparkly red Patons Brilliant, matched it perfectly to a Bernat Satin, so I started my bag because once I decided that's what I wanted to use the Patons on, I was itching to start :lol

Well done on the H bag, its great to have a break from the little saltines and make big saltines.

Big Saltines? Hmmm, seems Graham Crackers would be a good name for those :lol

For International Crochet Day I was able to make 72 saltines :hook so Mary that makes my total for the week 138 solids.:hook:clap

Excellent job :clap

Morning Wendy. I am using green, pink and purple. :hook Was only going to be green and purple, but decided I didn't like the look of it on the graph and added some pink.

Sounds gorgeous to me :yes

th_ATW.jpg

Amy, you ATW came out absolutely stunning :drool:nworthy That is sure to win a ribbon :clap

Might take a break today myself :yes Might work on my rug for a bit :hook

Big Saltines? Hmmm, seems Graham Crackers would be a good name for those :lol

:lol Yeah I think Pickles was already calling them that :lol

Well, so far Ike is a bust here. But I looked at the radar and we're just in the outer bands of rain right now. Looks like the heavier stuff will reach here in a few hours. That's good because the fellow is supposed to come give us our a/c estimate today in about an hour :yay I really want to get that quote so we can decide what to do. It's hot in here :lol

After that I'm gonna sew this row of blocks I have to the main body of my IC then check to see if that's enough blocks to cover the bed. Then it's on to the boring solid part for the sides :lol That's why I might switch off with the rug today :lol

Cara, I don't know how you're handling being without airconditioning!

We're back to the humid weather...no more open windows till later in the week...

We might see baby Dean later...depends how he and his 5 yo cousin Sophia are behaving after their visit to g'pa. They have to pass our house on the way home, so it's easy for them to make a quick visit.

We'll see what happens.

I'm just making rectangles right now...not knowing if we'll have visitors stops me from wanting to work on the graphghan till I know for sure. Right now I have all 6 GS dog's names and half the GSD profile done.

th_ATW.jpg

Lovely!! The shading and tones of color are just amazing. Very nice work!

Cara -- hope the a/c guy makes it over to your house, and that his quote is such that you can soon count on cooler interior temps. Stay safe in all of that stormy weather.

Mary -- did you make it home, okay??

The weather changed our weekend plans, but we do not have anything near-as-frightening as a hurricane. There is an outdoor market in town, today, that I had hoped to visit. I have oodles of blankets and baby sweaters in bins, and I was thinking, after scoping out the competition this year, I may be tempted to try to sell my work next year... Anyway, raindrops started falling just as we finished eating breakfast, so we all stayed home (DH was taking the girls up to the wildlife re***e located a bit north of our house to help the DNR rangers band ducks before they start flying south for the winter. I figured I had a couple of hours to browse the market and shop while the children were having fun outside. Maybe next year. Instead, my youngest and I went on a baking spree, making cookies for school lunches, a pie for dessert, and bread for this week's sandwiches. My oldest was trying to design and build her own airplane models from cardstock, so we were all working in the kitchen, and it was just a nice, cozy way to spend the morning. DH was out in the workshop building my bench for the entryway. Now, it is rest time, and I am off to finish a little amigurumi dolly for my neighbor's granddaughter.

Have a good weekend!

Cara, I don't know how you're handling being without airconditioning!

Oh heavens no we're not without a/c completely. I'd be very, very, VERY unhappy if we were :lol We use window units right now and the one in our bedroom is on the fritz but it's not too bad. If I get too hot in there I can sleep in the guest room. The one in there works fine (knock wood).

But he's come and gone and it wasn't near as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Just have to go talk to Mr Banker Man this next week and set up a line of credit or home improvement loan then we're all set :D Unless of course, Mr Banker Man is cranky. But we should be fine. You never can tell though so not making any plans just yet :wink

well I got 93 saltines done this week --plus a baby sweater, a baby hat, a scarf and a h-bag not lined..

right now I'm working on another baby blanket out of squares, a RR baby ghan..... and helping Haley do a hat with our knitting loom...

well I got 93 saltines done this week --plus a baby sweater, a baby hat, a scarf and a h-bag not lined..

right now I'm working on another baby blanket out of squares, a RR baby ghan..... and helping Haley do a hat with our knitting loom...

Excellent work this week :clap

Morning everyone :hi

Im going to my Mums today and am going to work on the shawler. I have finished putting together 4 5x5 blocks on the IC, makes it easier doing little blocks instead of all one row.

Judy hope you had a great time with your visitors. Cant wait to see your progress on the dog ghan.

Shelly wow you have done lots of crocheting this week, that is just amazing.:clap

Dusti :howdy :hi

Cara thats great that your getting your airconditioning, hope the bank man is nice to you.

Awww man! I snapped my hook! I'm working on a Fat Bottom Bag and I was using a J Crystalite hook. And the dang thing just snapped :( It's a really good thing I have an aluminum on hand.

Awww man! I snapped my hook! I'm working on a Fat Bottom Bag and I was using a J Crystalite hook. And the dang thing just snapped :( It's a really good thing I have an aluminum on hand.

*shudder* :eek

A moment of silence for the snapped hook please :rip

Hi everyone. We're home - :yay...the flight was great; the drive home from DFW took way too long because of high winds and flooding. All is well at home and we're glad to be here. I can't wait to catch up with you all tomorrow and see everyone's progress. :hook

Hi everyone. We're home - :yay...the flight was great; the drive home from DFW took way too long because of high winds and flooding. All is well at home and we're glad to be here. I can't wait to catch up with you all tomorrow and see everyone's progress. :hook

Yay! I'm glad you guys are safe! DBF's parents were on an Alaskan Cruise and they were supposed to connect through DFW today. His dad called when we were at dinner and according to him, they weren't delayed due to weather.

Welcome home! :hug I'm glad your flight went well and all is in place at the ol' homestead. Ike turned out to be a bust pretty much for us. Just some minor flooding and the wind started up a bit this afternoon but that was it :yes

:hi Pickles!!

Hello Amy!!!

And Hello Tracy!!

th_ATW.jpg

Amy this is stunning!!! You did an amazing job! Whats your next saltine project?

:2eek So sorry about the hook! I thought those things were unbreakable!!

*shudder* :eek

A moment of silence for the snapped hook please :rip

:lol:lol:lol

Glad you are home safe and sound and very jealous of your trip! Sounds like you had a great time!!!!

Just stopping in real quick. Working on a couple of things this weekend and still trying to get settled. Also the laptop is on the fritz so I have to use DH computer when I want to get on and thats just a hassle so I haven't been around much. Miss you all! Hope everyone is doing good! :hug

Archived