Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I've got good news! I've completed 60 saltines AND ......

I just realized that I forgot to mention they're all solids!

And it looks like Hanna is going to graze by my location, but we're already getting major rain. Oh, well, looks like another opportunity to crochet!

Thanks so much, Tracy! I'd never done that on the 'ville before. :blush:D

And it looks like Hanna is going to graze by my location, but we're already getting major rain. Oh, well, looks like another opportunity to crochet!

60 solids it is! :hook

Ok, after doing my statistics homework for the weekend, I added up all of the saltines I will need to create for the three quilt ghans I have plans to make! :yay

Pretty Gingham Baby Quilt - 225 :cheer

Penguin Cuddle Quilt - 266 :cheer

Just Ducky Quilt - 372 :cheer

That is 863 saltines in all!!! I will decide which one to get started on after I check my stash to see what I have on hand! :yes

Here you go, ladies. Please let me know if any changes need to be made. The list is growing. :hook (Updated Friday, 9/05/2008)

Mary (Skysmom) 1618

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1518

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Linda M. (mizmo) 1266

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1130

Karen (econ-nerd) 1010

Dusti (rii698) 938

Cathy (crashcat07) 848

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Wendy (Aussie) *** 566

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 486

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 435

Heather (hseger) 359

Donna (sewnsew) 320

Denise (denisethorpe) 243

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 81

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 71

Kidget29 (Kidget29) 69

mommy neel (mommy neel) 60

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Suzanne (LavenderBear)

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Thank you, Suzanne! :manyheart Can't wait to see which one you start first. :yes

I'm off to crochet for the first time in a couple of days. :D

It's the Penguin Cuddle Quilt that I've chosen and begun to make saltines for! These little guys are addictive, especially in using a "G" hook! :yay

Happy crocheting!

OK Ladies. My preemie saltine ghan is almost done. I just need to put a border on. I have a few ideas of the border, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Here is the Preemie Saltine

It is wonky cause I just tossed it down and snapped pictures before I lost the light. Been a gloomy day.

th_PreemieSaltine1b.jpg

th_PreemieSaltine1c.jpg

clickable

Ok, I made my FIRST 14 saltines and pieced them together to make the first row of the PCQ for Violet! I won't have time to work on any more this weekend as I have a TON of homework, but I will make the next row in the near future! :yes

Mary, please put 14 solids for my total so far! Thanks! :hug

OK Ladies. My preemie saltine ghan is almost done. I just need to put a border on. I have a few ideas of the border, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

It is wonky cause I just tossed it down and snapped pictures before I lost the light. Been a gloomy day.

th_PreemieSaltine1b.jpg

th_PreemieSaltine1c.jpg

clickable

Mel

Thats is so darling and i agree with krystal on the border,that would make it pop.

Howdy everyone,

Just got back from Netball and voting. We had a minor election for South Australia here, have to vote or you get fined $50.

Well I really need to do some housework as I have Mum and Dad coming tomorrow. Sunday is Fathers Day here in Australia.

Suzanne great start on the PCQ.:clap

Krystal I havent done the RHDC as a border yet, but I do want to try that method.

Mommy Neel great progress as well, its a lot of fun isnt it. Hope the weather doesnt get too bad there.

Mary the Saltine Smackdown info looks great.

th_PreemieSaltine1b.jpg

th_PreemieSaltine1c.jpg

clickable

Mel that is just gorgeous. :clap

Im doing good on mine...just need to get them sewn together then i can get some more made...I have found my next project though...i know i know...but it looks just like a quilt my Granny had and i have to make it.

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/80248AD.html

Shay that pattern looks great, are you going to do it in squares, you could you know. It would look awesome.

That's the spirit! :hook

It's the Penguin Cuddle Quilt that I've chosen and begun to make saltines for! These little guys are addictive, especially in using a "G" hook! :yay

Happy crocheting!

Yes, they are quite addictive :yes Think I'm going into my 12th year of saltines if my math is right :hook

th_PreemieSaltine1b.jpg

th_PreemieSaltine1c.jpg

clickable

Oh Mel! I absolutely LOVE that! I agree with K on the border as well. Except I'm still doing reverse sc because RHDC doesn't seem to wanna work left handed :blush

Im doing good on mine...just need to get them sewn together then i can get some more made...I have found my next project though...i know i know...but it looks just like a quilt my Granny had and i have to make it.

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/80248AD.html

That's a neat one Shay :yes That would love really great as a quilt ghan :yes

Howdy everyone,

Just got back from Netball and voting. We had a minor election for South Australia here, have to vote or you get fined $50.

Sometimes I think we need to go to that system in the US :P Think I read last presidential election only about half the population voted. That's unacceptable imo :irk Okay off my :soap Wish Dad happy Father's Day from us :manyheart

Mary - The saltine rules look great! You do a wonderful job on keeping tabs for us :hug

Well, we've been gone most of the day. Had the a/c in our bedroom go out the other day. Try finding an a/c in September :lol There's nothing left but the big 27,000 btu monsters. Don't need that in our little bedroom. So we're gonna get up early tomorrow and go talk to the fellow at Home Depot about central heat and air. That should provide sticker shock :lol

Then we went out to eat Chinese and I completely blew my diet for the day :lol But it was awful good. :drool Back on track tomorrow. Just gonna go check Sky real quick then finally settle in with my hook :hook

Thank you everyone for the kind words :hug

I am now addicted to saltines :yes

I don't think I did too bad considering this is my first attempt at making anything with squares and having to sew them together. I sewed some of them too tight and a few are wonky. I also tired a few different ways to sew them together, so the back of it looks messy. This one will stay here and be used by the kitties.

I already have ideas for 2 more preemie ones. Hopefully the back will look better.

I like the idea of the rhdc for the border, but since I still have trouble with the rsc, I will have to practice a bit more on a test piece. My hands just don't cooperate crocheting backwards :lol

Thank you everyone for the kind words :hug

I am now addicted to saltines :yes

I don't think I did too bad considering this is my first attempt at making anything with squares and having to sew them together. I sewed some of them too tight and a few are wonky.

Tip: Yank on it in all directions. Most times that'll flatten it out if you get too tight. I used to have that problem all the time :P

One more row done! I have 4 of the body, then I'll add white to the ends and edge! With luck I'll be done next weekend! Of course, depending on Ike's path, I may have lots of time to crochet this week.

Archived