Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afternoon Ladies!!

Wendy

I love your green...that should be very pretty.

Tracy

I bet the Lilac and green would be beautiful together....hummm those might make a great border colors for my cuddle gran :think

I forgot how hard it was to keep up with you ladies :lol

I haven't got eny saltines done yet today...been working on DS ripple and watching a Beegees concert :blush I had forgotten just how good they were...I miss them days and now i feel old :(

Hi Val~Just a thought about rearranging your bedroom - Would it work to use some inexpensive bookshelves for a "headboard?" If they weren't too tall, they wouldn't block the whole window, but would give you a place to prop pillows and have a lamp, etc. DH and I did this years ago and it worked fine, but we didn't have a window on that wall. :think

Congratulations on being a prize winner! :clap

That's a pretty good idea! The problem I've been having is finding something I like, that's not gonna cost me a fortune when it might only be short term (a year or so). Bookshelves would be good, they're multifunction, when I'm done using them as a headboard, they can fulfill their original purpose! Plus, it might give me more storage room! I only have my bedroom closet (which is a walk in, but not big enough to fit a bed, my last one was big enough to fit a twin), and my very small hall closet. Ohhh, that idea is sounding better and better!

Hi everyone. You all sound happy and busy. :D I've mowed, vacuumed, showered and am headed for the store. Don't have a clue where all this energy came from and I'll probably crash later. :lol

Have a great day, all. :)

Wow! You're just the energizer bunny today :lol Wish I had that kind of energy :yes

Hey Priszm.... have you checked out the prize list over in the greek games... you might be surprised.

Grats to Val on winning a prize!! :yay

Hey Wendy and Tracy I think I can join you on the baby IC. I wanted to do one but can't really afford to do a regular sized. But I think I might have enough in my stash for a baby sized one :yes So can I join you too? puhleeeze...:D I can look through my stash tomorrow and be ready to start when you ladies are.:hook

Silly Donna, you can join in on any project you want :manyheart

Took my nap and it lasted way too long. Tuon will usually wake me up at 3 to eat. The postman woke me up today at 4. He had two big packages full of rug yarn for me :jumpyay A huge one from Krystal and a small one that I bought from a gal in the trade/sell thread (thanks to Donna letting me know about it :hug)

Okay I will go through my stash tomorrow and see what I have. Then I'll make color decisions. I'm excited about making one. That's such a pretty pattern. You know this will be the first time I'll have two quilts going at once. Wendy you are a bad influence on me :lol

Cara I'm glad you were able to get the deal on it. :hug What a nice way to wake up too :yes

I have a question about cuddle ghan size. Is 21x21 saltines too big for a cuddle ghan size? :think

I think that's a perfect size :yes

Okay I will go through my stash tomorrow and see what I have. Then I'll make color decisions. I'm excited about making one. That's such a pretty pattern. You know this will be the first time I'll have two quilts going at once. Wendy you are a bad influence on me :lol

Cara I'm glad you were able to get the deal on it. :hug What a nice way to wake up too :yes

Wendy's a bad influence on a lot of us :rofl :rofl

Priszm just make one because you want to. Im making one and there isnt any babies around here. Might turn mine into a cover for my chest that we have sitting in a corner. Its the right size as a baby blanket, you could do the same. We just call it a baby blanket because we are making a little one.

Congratulations on winning a prize too by the way. :yay

Oh, that's only one problem standing in my way. I'm still working on the pink ribbon afghan, hotpads for Christmas and squares for Sissie's Seniors. So those all take priority :lol But, I did get a present today. I got 2 skeins of Vanna's Choice in the varigated (ombre?) purple and one solid. I'm thinking those might make a very pretty IC, especially since that's my favorite color :D

Hi Val~Just a thought about rearranging your bedroom - Would it work to use some inexpensive bookshelves for a "headboard?" If they weren't too tall, they wouldn't block the whole window, but would give you a place to prop pillows and have a lamp, etc. DH and I did this years ago and it worked fine, but we didn't have a window on that wall. :think

Congratulations on being a prize winner! :clap

I told DBF about this idea and that I liked it, I could use the lower shelf or shelves as storage for some of the ideas I don't use right now, but are taking up closet space. He comes up with this idea of building one (great, wonderful, totally on board with that idea!), leaving the top shelf or shelves open - no backing to it- and having the backside of the bookcase at my bed, the open front area facing the wall. I don't think he understands that it'll be more difficult to get at my shelf or shelves at the bottom if he does that! If they face the bed, at least I can just pull my mattresses away from the bookcase to access that area :rolleyes

I think that's a perfect size :yes

Wendy's a bad influence on a lot of us :rofl :rofl

I do try my best. :rofl

Oh, that's only one problem standing in my way. I'm still working on the pink ribbon afghan, hotpads for Christmas and squares for Sissie's Seniors. So those all take priority :lol But, I did get a present today. I got 2 skeins of Vanna's Choice in the varigated (ombre?) purple and one solid. I'm thinking those might make a very pretty IC, especially since that's my favorite color :D

Oh that will be lovely, cant wait to see it started.

I've been fooling around with changing cross stitch patterns into cuddle-ghans... I have a monarch butterfly graphed out... it is 28 x 28 ... now to get the orange for the wings... I already have the black...

I'm also working on some 3 round grannies out of sport weight yarn that I crocheted up some time ago... I am doing 3 rows in white around them to make them 6" then I'll join them for a baby ghan...

Howdy everyone :hi

Shelly cant wait to see the butterfly ghan. Cross stitch patterns are great for saltine ghans arent they. Also thanks so much for my 200 point prize, Just love everything especially the saltine bookmark. :hug I must get my prizes to you and Linda sent out, I have them here just need to go to the post office.

Archived