Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

I forgot something. The new muscle relaxant did NOT work out. I flushed about half of it down the toilet Friday. I felt like I was drunk while on it. Disconnected, dizzy, light-headed, and just plain awful. They are switching it to something else. I sure hope this one is better than the last one. Yuck!!!!!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my Final Saltine total for the Greek Games...(576 in 13 days)

55 solids and 62 bi_colored

Mary - 63 solids and 8 bicolors thanks

Mary -- please add 25 solids.

Mary ~ 26 more solids and 64 bicolors for me this week so far.

I'm pretty sure I caught all the additions...Please let me know if I haven't responded because that means I missed them. :yes

Yay! I've been without internet since Thursday and it feels like weeks. :lol I've missed you guys. My DSL is still out, (they're coming Monday) but I hooked up directly to DH's work station as soon as he packed his for a trip...and only with temporary passwords from his IT guy!

I haven't read even one post, and must leave right now for the parents, but can't wait to catch up later. :hook

I hope your computer gets fixed soon.

Mary, HURRY BACK! Its been kinda quiet here without you!

Ok so I have a lengthy update for everyone! I've been MIA lately, just getting on once a day at the most to check everything out. We have been offered the tech position back in Arizona. Just found out yesterday and there is a possibility that we will need to report to work there by SEPT 2ND!!!!!!! That gives me a week to have the house packed and ready to go! I was not expecting it this quickly so I'm freaking out a little! So I'm going to be MIA a little longer as I will have so much to do between now and then. There is a possibility that HR will drag there feet and not release us in time which means our report to work date would be October 13 but we won't know for sure until Monday or Tuesday so we are packing as if it will be Sept 2nd. I will for sure have a project with me at all times as I pack everything else but I will be without my stash for a week or 2. I will still have internet the entire time with the laptop and my blackberry connection so I will try to check in but I will miss you all while I'm away! Keep hooking! :hug

Wow that was fast. Congrats on the new job and good luck getting everything packed and ready in time.

Okie dokie....like it or hate it....here's the houndstooth.....

htoothdone.jpg

I liked it better once I laid it out. I think it would work better as a full size ghan probably :think

It looks great Cara. I think a full sized ghan would be really nice.

Hi, everyone. I miss you all terribly. Still no fix for the computer problem. Sigh.......:cry I spent another hour and a half on the phone trying more possible solutions on Tuesday to no avail. Then a Tech came out on Friday to try and fix it, again with no luck. His verdict was that we need a "Geek" out to fix it. Grrrrrrr!!!!!:thair:rant:thair Since John rarely uses the computer at home, I have no idea when we'll get around to getting it fixed.

Mary ~ 26 more solids and 64 bicolors for me this week so far.

My games project is getting there. I think I'll make it. 6 of the 8 blocks are done and the next blocks saltines are ready to sew together. That just leaves one more block to do from scratch and then joining the two strips together. I'm planning on a late night of crocheting tonight to make sure I beat the deadline. :crocheting

Linda, I hope you get a "geek" out there soon to get it all fixed.

I'm still working on the pink for now. The party went a bit later than I thought it would and I just haven't had time for my :hook yet. I plan to do some work tonight. :yes

Okay, now I can officially say "Hi Ladies" and do some catching up with you all. :D

Wendy, Cuddles is just the cutest thing...you are amazing! :yes

Donna, your Path to the Cabin ghan is going to be beautiful! Do you want to join the Smackdown? :devil

Pickles ~ Good luck with the packing. I know you all are excited about moving close to your parents! :yes

Cara, your Houndstooth pattern is stunning. :cheer I think I've missed something...your days and nights are turned around? :lol

Linda T ~ Please come back soon. We all miss you so much!

Mary sure I'll join the smack down. :lol How can I refuse. especially since Wendy will find a way to talk me into itanyway.:lol:devil

I think Cara switched her days and nights around to give Wendy some more company at night :yes:lol

I'm hoping it's easy when it comes time to address this issue w/ my parents.

I hope so, too. :manyheart

I will keep that in mind. I just found out yesterday that my pregnant daughter (second grandchild for me) is having a boy..all my baby yarn is pink!!:eek Guess I gotta go shopping!!:lol I also just found out today that I can move into my new apartment on Labor Day weekend. Whoo Hooo! Lots of work and reorganizing. Maybe now I can finally get at my stash that has been in storage for 6 months.....I was starting to go through withdrawals....

Congratulations, Grandma! :c9

I took a pause from saltines last night to make a couple of cool-weather hats for the girls, because I know autumn mornings are not far away, but I plan to be back, working on my Double Irish Chain, today.

Can't wait for a picture, Dusti! :yes

:hi Mary and Pickles, this morning I was wondering where you were (I think about strange things when half asleep, I have even worked out my sister's ghan :hook).

Hmmm...are you saying that Pickles and I are strange? :rofl:rofl:rofl

Mary sure I'll join the smack down. :lol How can I refuse. especially since Wendy will find a way to talk me into itanyway.:lol

Hi Donna~We're glad you're joining in! I'll add squares to the list whenever you post numbers. :)

I'll try and post the totals tonight or in the morning.

Hi again. Please let me know if you find mistakes. :)

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mary (Skysmom) 1550

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1467

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1319

Linda M. (mizmo) 1173

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1130

Karen (econ-nerd) 790

Dusti (rii698) 767

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Wendy (Aussie) *** 494

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Cathy (crashcat07) 470

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 385

Heather (hseger) 345

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Donna (sewnsew) 108

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

I think I've missed something...your days and nights are turned around? :lol

Yeah, I had to. I was getting 9 hours sleep just in 3 or 4 naps. It was killing me :P So now I go to bed between 3 and 5 a.m. and sleep til noon or 1 p.m. That way I get a full 8 hrs or so all at once :yes

I think Cara switched her days and nights around to give Wendy some more company at night :yes:lol

This was a bonus :yes:D

Well now can I count all the ones I did these last two weeks on this quilt? If so than I'm already at 108 solids :D

Yes, someone else got to back up a bit so I'd think you can too. But I'll let Mary have the final say so :yes

Went to do the shopping. Hit Sam's for meat. Took way too long and we were all starving (nephew is here, too) so of course we overbought :blush

BTW, I finally updated the website.

Hi everyone!!!

Its been awhile but im ready to get back into the saltines...Im starting on my Christmas stuff so i can get it all done on time...I have 7 Grandbabies that i need to work on so i was thinking i would make them each a cuddle gran???

Cara

Can you tell me how big the cuddle grans are??

Hope everyone is well...im doing much better now so hoping i can stick with this.

Hi everyone!!!

Its been awhile but im ready to get back into the saltines...Im starting on my Christmas stuff so i can get it all done on time...I have 7 Grandbabies that i need to work on so i was thinking i would make them each a cuddle gran???

Cara

Can you tell me how big the cuddle grans are??

Hope everyone is well...im doing much better now so hoping i can stick with this.

Shay!! Haven't seen you in ages! :hug

About 46" x 36" but that's not written in stone. Just around there somewhere.

Shay!! Haven't seen you in ages! :hug

About 46" x 36" but that's not written in stone. Just around there somewhere.

Thanks Cara they should be big enough i think.

Yea i had some nerve problems when 2 of my kids decided to move back home with their wifes and kids in our 2 bedroom house :eek ...i was a mess...then i couldnt find a project that i could stick to so i just quit for awhile..it helped.Now im just going to stick to small things right now and hope for the best.

OH MY GOD! So you guys know how I was giving you some examples of when I'm thinking quickly and being a smart alec? Well, my mom just sent me one that I can't even come close to matching! Well worth the listen! PM me your email address if you want it. I almost just deleted it!

OH MY GOD! So you guys know how I was giving you some examples of when I'm thinking quickly and being a smart alec? Well, my mom just sent me one that I can't even come close to matching! Well worth the listen! PM me your email address if you want it. I almost just deleted it!

Okay my curiosity is aroused. :lol I sent you a PM.

Howdy everyone,

Mary thanks and the listing looks great, we have so many people in the smackdown now, its fantastico:yay

Cara your houndstooth is just amazing. :clap

Donna Im so glad that you have decided to join the smackdown. :yay

Shay its so great to see you, hope all is well. :hug What cuddle ghan are you going to make.

Priszm I have pmd you.

Happy Birthday, Tracy. :cake Enjoy your day!

Welcome back, Shay! Looking forward to hearing what patterns you'll make. :hook

Wendy, congratulations on your gold medal. :cheer

And for all of the athletes - WAY TO GO!:fame:applause

hi i'd like to add 30 solids and 6 bi colors :)

Added!

Archived