Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mary thats a great start, cant wait to see your progress.

Cara hows the houndstooth going, is it biting yet. :lol oh thats bad.

Yeah, my lower back :lol But I've got Tuon the Guard Cat giving them a good shake once in a while :lol

Mary it will be nice to be back here. My goodness it's been a while since I've made any saltines. I started out doing them wrong :blush But I'm on the right track now :yes

Like riding a bike :D Of course, I never learned to ride a bike. I was too busy crocheting :hook

Helloooooo everyone!!!! Just dropped by for a few to say hello....Wendy got me all excited the other night about starting an Irish chain ghan so I graphed one out...

AdamandJessisDoubleIrishchain.jpg

Have to make some adjustments but it should be big enough to fit our king size bed. DH loved it so much he wanted me to start on it right away and he's never like that with any of my projects! And it will match the celtic knot ghan that I started that I haven't shown anyone yet....:hook

Pickles, I lOVE the way you graphed that! I printed it out...you said it's big enough for a king size bed?

I think so....I counted but my squares are a little bigger because I like a bigger guage. I need to adjust the pattern slightly....let me work on it a bit and I'll send it to you via email?

I think so....I counted but my squares are a little bigger because I like a bigger guage. I need to adjust the pattern slightly....let me work on it a bit and I'll send it to you via email?

Thanks! No rush, though, what with all my wips...:blush

I've been wanting to make something for our bed...this might be it...esp since I can do it in sections.

Hi Ladies,

Just checking back in. I've had a very busy day. Had to take Sissy to get groceries. Our pantry was bare. I'm the driver in the family and with me working open to close, we got very low on food. I did get to crochet a few squares.

Mary add 59 solids (25 today...34 for the beginning of the week).

Pray for my Dad. His youngest sister is on her death. She was an alcoholic. She's been in the hospital for about 2 1/2 weeks. Her stomach was huge, eyes, legs & stomach yellow and urine was brown. Sorry for being so graphic. My Dad left the hospital and told his other siblings and my cousins that he wouldn't be back because he can't take it. He is not in the best of health. He had a kidney transplant 2 years ago. He also has several other ailments.

Well, I have to get ready for the week because I will need to open-close for 1 more week. I'll be able to leave and go back to lock the doors. Shift supervisor should be certified by the end of the week.

I'll try to check back in before bed. If not, I'll check in sometime tomorrow.

Hi Ladies,

Just checking back in. I've had a very busy day. Had to take Sissy to get groceries. Our pantry was bare. I'm the driver in the family and with me working open to close, we got very low on food. I did get to crochet a few squares.

Mary add 59 solids (25 today...34 for the beginning of the week).

Pray for my Dad. His youngest sister is on her death. She was an alcoholic. She's been in the hospital for about 2 1/2 weeks. Her stomach was huge, eyes, legs & stomach yellow and urine was brown. Sorry for being so graphic. My Dad left the hospital and told his other siblings and my cousins that he wouldn't be back because he can't take it. He is not in the best of health. He had a kidney transplant 2 years ago. He also has several other ailments.

Well, I have to get ready for the week because I will need to open-close for 1 more week. I'll be able to leave and go back to lock the doors. Shift supervisor should be certified by the end of the week.

I'll try to get be in before bed. If not, I'll check in sometime tomorrow.

Oh Valerie! I'm so sorry hun! Its always hard to let a family member go! My heart goes out to you! :hug

Pickles, I love that graph and the greens are great. I don't blame your hubby for being excited about it. I can't wait to see it.

Valerie, thoughts with your family.

Joyce

Valerie, my thoughts are with you and your family :hug

I got 2 hotpads done today! DBF and I went up to Orlando to Downtown Disney. I gook pictures of Flat Brooke all over, since it's a lot cheaper to go there than to go to Disney itself. We had a good time just wandering and taking pictures. But I did do a d'oh move. I used the last of my milk this morning. I thought about going to get some last night after I got done working, but figured I'd go today instead of getting regular clothes on again. So we stopped at Walmart. Yeah, everyone is panicking about Fay. There was no way in the world we were staying there just for milk! Thankfully I've got another option across the street from Walmart.

I loved Downtown Disney when we were there a couple years ago. ALMOST more than the parks, but it had been my first time EVER there. I can only imagine what the stores were like with the storm.

Hope you got your milk.

Joyce

I got 2 hotpads done today! DBF and I went up to Orlando to Downtown Disney. I gook pictures of Flat Brooke all over, since it's a lot cheaper to go there than to go to Disney itself. We had a good time just wandering and taking pictures. But I did do a d'oh move. I used the last of my milk this morning. I thought about going to get some last night after I got done working, but figured I'd go today instead of getting regular clothes on again. So we stopped at Walmart. Yeah, everyone is panicking about Fay. There was no way in the world we were staying there just for milk! Thankfully I've got another option across the street from Walmart.

Yep, we went to Publix. a LOT less people there :lol

Here's my finished games projects! They're clickable. The RR is Aggie May's pattern. I used 2 strands throughout and N hook. I started with Caron SS off white, then Red Heart Cornmeal and the last one is called California Poppy. The label is from some store I've never heard of and DBF says has been closed for at least 15 years. And it's a lot brighter than the picture shows :D

th_RRlapghan.jpg

th_Heartlapghan1.jpg

th_HeartLapghan2.jpg

Yep, we went to Publix. a LOT less people there :lol

Here's my finished games projects! They're clickable. The RR is Aggie May's pattern. I used 2 strands throughout and N hook. I started with Caron SS off white, then Red Heart Cornmeal and the last one is called California Poppy. The label is from some store I've never heard of and DBF says has been closed for at least 15 years. And it's a lot brighter than the picture shows :D

th_RRlapghan.jpg

th_Heartlapghan1.jpg

th_HeartLapghan2.jpg

VERY nice! Love the bright cheery yellow! :yes

I wanted to post progress on my Windwalker lapghan. I can see looking at it in the photos I should've made more color changes when putting the blocks together, but over all, I'm pleased with it.

th_DSCF0788.jpg

(clickable)

I'm so glad I found this CAL and these patterns.

Joyce

Archived