Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pickles,

Congratulations and Good Luck.

Cathy

Thanks Cathy! :hug I'm so excited to be back in AZ! I miss the food and the shopping there! And it will be great to be close to my parents because my mom plans on watching Lennon until I can start my daycare! :clap That, and she's going to sell her crocheted items and beaded jewelry on Etsy. I've been trying to get her on here but she's too busy getting her house ready to sell in Iowa. Maybe once she's in AZ I will suck her in! Still trying to get her to make some saltines! I know she'll be "Hooked!!!":hook

My fathers whole side of the family is there, I had always gone and spent the summer in Scottsdale, Mesa, etc etc.... beautiful beautiful Country. Sister lives there in phoenix, she is getting married in March... So I might be able to take a trip and see everyone!!! That would be so nice.

Like I said. Congratulations to everyone, including your mother on the sale of the house in iowa. :o)

Cathy

My fathers whole side of the family is there, I had always gone and spent the summer in Scottsdale, Mesa, etc etc.... beautiful beautiful Country. Sister lives there in phoenix, she is getting married in March... So I might be able to take a trip and see everyone!!! That would be so nice.

Like I said. Congratulations to everyone, including your mother on the sale of the house in iowa. :o)

Cathy

We lived in chandler before but visited Fountain Hills (near Scottsdale) and other areas all the time. We are looking in the Queen Creek area now. Its a ways out there but much cooler and a lot less traffic. And I just checked Hobby Lobby's website and they just opened a new one in Mesa so I won't be without! :yay:yay:yay Pathetic how worried I was about that! :lol Plus there is an IKEA in Tempe that i LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!

Wendy - Oh the Koala is looking great so far!! I love it :clap

Pickles - Glad you have the opportunity to try to move sooner. I know what it's like to be out of your element. I lived in NY for 5 years after never stepping foot out of Texas before. NY is a fine place but I just couldn't get comfortable there. :no

And I just checked Hobby Lobby's website and they just opened a new one in Mesa so I won't be without! :yay:yay:yay Pathetic how worried I was about that! :lol

Well of course you had to check to make sure all the necessities where there. That'd be like moving somewhere and finding out they don't have electric lights :blink

Someone might have done one before, but here is my version of a flower saltine. :hook

th_100_1493.jpg

th_100_1495.jpg

Hi, everyone. Tracy, I think your flower saltine is lovely. :manyheart

Wendy, great work on the Koala ghan! :cheer:yay:cheer

I have reached the halfway point on my games project. 4 blocks assembled and joined together for the top strip of 3. I've started crocheting the saltines for the next block, but it's slow going working in a vaccuum. I miss all of you terribly.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I'm loving watching all the Olympic games, but it's hard to crochet and watch them at the same time. Races change soooo quickly.

What is the Path to the Cabin quilt ? Is it a version of a Log Cabin design ?

Hey girls. Haven't been in here in a while. Just wanted to let Wendy know I started on the Path to the Cabin quilt last night. This one will probably be a slow going quilt as right now I only have two of the colors but it's a start :yes:D I'll be popping in here more often to see what you are all up to though.

If you still have problems with your internet, I am willing to help out if it's needed. Please PM me later this week. :)

Nope. Not yet, but getting closer. I'll have lots to show when it gets up and running again. :devil

Hi ladies. We've been working in the yard almost all day - it's cloudy and in the 80s for the first time in months. :yay

Wendy, your ghan is going to be so cute! Great progress. :cheer

Linda! I was so glad to see your posts. Hope all is well and we can't wait for pictures. :yes

Pickles, wonderful news about being able to move soon.

Hi to Cara and Tracy, too. Sorry if I've missed anyone...I'll be back a little later. :)

report for today... 18 solid and 2 bi-colored

Done! :hook

Pickles, my mother does quilts... beautiful - takes a lot of hard work type quilts..... she has 40 gazillion quilts books.... as you found out the problem is the same block can have a hundred different names...way back when women didn't copyright their blocks they just made them and called them what they wanted... if you can get me a picture of the quilt block I might be able to match it up for you... if you don't want to do it in the 'ville you can e-mail me supershelly227 @yahoo.com

hello all,

just wanted to pop in and say hello. See how things are going...I am working away on my 2008 Games afghan...Needed a break. Getting ready to start again.. i am so behind... If life would let me I could be content just :crocheting away....but ohhh no that would be tooooo easy. ;)

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Hi beautiful people! I did very good this morning and got my second lapgahn put together. I need to the border now and I absolutely adore DBF. He helped me find a very good match to the blue I'm using so that I can have it on the border. I don't have enough left from the skein I used for the hearts to do a round on the border. And of course I no longer have the wrapper to show what exactly it is. So I should be able to finish my second lapghan tonight and obtain my gold! Then it's back to the pink ribbon.

Pickles, my mother does quilts... beautiful - takes a lot of hard work type quilts..... she has 40 gazillion quilts books.... as you found out the problem is the same block can have a hundred different names...way back when women didn't copyright their blocks they just made them and called them what they wanted... if you can get me a picture of the quilt block I might be able to match it up for you... if you don't want to do it in the 'ville you can e-mail me supershelly227 @yahoo.com

here is a pic of someone else's: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/quilt/msg0517254730497.html

the book is Quick Quilts from the Heart (For the Love of Quilting) by Liz Porter (Author), Marianne Fons (Author)

I found it on Amazon but not from amazon directly, its on there marketplace so I'm a little timid about ordering.....

Howdy everyone :hi

Thanks for your nice comments on my Koala ghan. :hug

Mary how are you going with your projects.

Cara what are you up to now that your games ghan is finished.

Pickles congratulations and good luck on the move.

Tracy I love your flower saltines. :clap

Priszm well done on finishing the lapghan. :clap

The snake quilt looks great and I can see how you can adapt it to saltines if you really wanted to.

Archived