8 solids and 24 bi-colored

MARY...29 SOLIDS FOR ME.

Mary, 25 solids please. :hook

15 more solids for me :D

Mary 24 solids and 5 bicolors.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to say "Good Morning." :lol Major issues with the parents again. I refuse to let them ruin my day...so I'm going shopping. :D

Linda M ~ We sound just alike. ;) I'm always thinking about the next saltine project.

Have a great day, everyone. :manyheart

Mary, shopping cures EVERYTHING!:hug:yes:devil

Why yes, yes it does :devil

Good morning all :hi

Mary - Good luck with the folks. Tell them to wait and pull this stunt when DH is in town :lol

Got to sleep in a bit today, except for the getting up in the middle to take care of Tuon. But I still consider it sleeping in :D

I'm better than halfway done on my Games ghan. Think I'm gonna have it finished way before 16 days. So that just leaves time for a saltine lapghan :hook

Dusti your making great progress on the ducky ghan. :yay

Thanks, Wendy :)

I'm already having saltine withdrawal...Don't know how I'll make it all next week. I may still have to make them on the plane and just hope I don't drop everything! But I want to make the shawls, too! Decisions...decisions.

I didn't ask yesterday, but I have been wondering over the night, how do you manage to make saltines on an airplane? :think I was not able to take my sewing scissors on board in my carry-on when I flew in July :2nono. I had a sweater along, that did not require any cutting for the duration of the flight, but I could have finished so many saltines... Please let me know how you cut your yarn during a flight.

Lots of saltines being made (and assembled) it sounds like. That's great! :cheer Keep going. :cheer You're doing great! :cheer

Dusti - When I flew to Las Vegas last year they let me take children's blunt tip scissors. The cut the yarn just fine. And metal hooks were allowed. I don't know if that's still okay or not. But you could always take plastic, acrylic or wooden hooks. Oh and those space saver bags are great if you are taking a lot of yarn. I took two projects with me and we used those. We had one suitcase full of just yarn :devil

Well actually it wasn't a suitcase it was my huge yarn hamper but it looks like a suitcase. It's actually one of those big scrapbook things on wheels. It's great for yarn :yes

Thank you, thank you, Cara and Krystal. :hug I never even thought of nail clippers, though I have used those in a pinch. Great idea!! I also take a suitcase-like bag of yarn when I travel. You just never know when you will have a few minutes to stitch, right?? :devil

Thanks, Wendy :)

I didn't ask yesterday, but I have been wondering over the night, how do you manage to make saltines on an airplane? :think I was not able to take my sewing scissors on board in my carry-on when I flew in July :2nono. I had a sweater along, that did not require any cutting for the duration of the flight, but I could have finished so many saltines... Please let me know how you cut your yarn during a flight.

Lots of saltines being made (and assembled) it sounds like. That's great! :cheer Keep going. :cheer You're doing great! :cheer

A yarn cutting pendant was my best friend when we flew last year,

Here is a request for the designers here (especially those who are contemplating what to design next). Who is up for trying to design a horse to do in saltines?? :devil I'd like to make one but am not sure if I have the imagination to create one (preferably with not too many bi-colors - I haven't tried those yet!)

Karen - I remember Cara had a horse that was running in the field that was looking mighty good at one point... :yes Maybe she'll post that beauty again?

Oh that sounds nice!! :yes Oh Cara??? :devil You hooked me on these little squares - can you post this?? Pretty please :manyheart

Dusti - When I flew to Las Vegas last year they let me take children's blunt tip scissors. The cut the yarn just fine. And metal hooks were allowed. I don't know if that's still okay or not. But you could always take plastic, acrylic or wooden hooks. Oh and those space saver bags are great if you are taking a lot of yarn. I took two projects with me and we used those. We had one suitcase full of just yarn :devil

To play devils advocate, one would think that the plastic, acrylic or wooden hooks wouldn't be allowed. After all, one only needs to break them to have a semi sharp edge. But I agree w/ another poster, a yarn pendant! I bought one at Joann's and I love it!

Hi Ladies. Yep, shopping helps a lot. :D A new Super Target just opened close by and I stocked up on all sorts of things. Then I went to JoAnns and the grocery store.

What a coincidence! I was on the TSA site and American's site just yesterday to see what's allowed on planes. DH and I are going to San Francisco in September and I haven't flown in ages. They say that crochet hooks, nail clippers and blunt scissors are all allowed. :yay DH flies so much that we get to upgrade to first class...so maybe there will be enough elbow room to crochet. :lol

Karen~I remember Cara's horse pattern and it's wonderful...she'll be here soon, I'm sure. :hook

Sorry all I fell asleep earlier and overslept :blush I don't know what is wrong with me. All I do is sleep anymore. Today wasn't a good day to be a schlub either.

Anyway, yes I did a horse a while back but it's never come out right but lemme see if I can find it and I'll repost.

Okay I found it but let me work on it a bit more. I think I see its biggest problem now that I've been away from it :lol

:sigh Nevermind :lol I just am not meant to have a horse design :lol What I suggest you try is using a simple cross stitch pattern that is 25 square or less wide. I can't do that because of copyrights but for your own personal use you should be able to as long as you buy the pattern :yes

How realistic of a horse do you want? if you go here you will find a little pony... that was meant for plastic canvas but I think you can adapt it to saltines.http://www.mountainharmony.com/crafts/pics/cartoons/pcpat_littlepony.jpg

I can look in some of my other sites and see if I can find something else.

Hi ladies. Here is the Ohio Star Variant without the border. It's a little over 50" x 50" and I'm going to live with it for a while and see if I want to add two more blocks or leave it this size. The colors are RHSS Claret, Windsor Blue and Aran. :hook As always, a big Thank You to Cara for sharing her patterns. :manyheart

Clickable

th_OhioStarVariant006.jpg

Mary, it's beautiful! You did a nice job on it

Joyce

Hi ladies. Here is the Ohio Star Variant without the border. It's a little over 50" x 50" and I'm going to live with it for a while and see if I want to add two more blocks or leave it this size. The colors are RHSS Claret, Windsor Blue and Aran. :hook As always, a big Thank You to Cara for sharing her patterns. :manyheart

Clickable

Clickable

Mary your Ohio is beautiful. I would keep it if I was you. :clap

Archived