Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Tracy how sweet is your daughter to give you breakfast in bed. That was so nice of her. Is it mothers day over there. We have mothers day first sunday in May I think. Hmm not much time to make something for Mum. Did you end up finding a pattern.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was sweet of her, she tried. Bit early for me though. :D And then I had to clean the kitchen. I think mother's day a bit earlier here. My mother gets to have it twice a year cos it is different to South Africa as well.

I did find a pattern eventually. It is going to be something I have never made, so hope it will be ok. I am almost half way with the first biggish project and there are a couple of smaller things.

Good morning, everyone. Yes, I'm enjoying my weekend with just the pets. I'm getting lots of extra sleep and doing just whatever strikes my fancy. Trouble keeps telling me I'm not spending enough time with her. I finished a book yesterday and started a new one. Went to the library. I'm awake this morning, but not very functional yet.

I can't get crochet hooks to stay in my hair. :no They slip out. Mmmm, haven't tried it with bamboo ones yet, maybe they will stay in. :think

Wendy, sounds like you had a good day. :yes

They only stay in my hair behind my ponytail holder or barrette.

Good morning ladies :flower

Sandi - Welcome to the group! :hug A metal ball in your DSs ear?!? Now I had a sister that kept sticking stuff up her nose but a metal ball in the ear is a new one on me. I sure hope they can get it out :yes

Man I'm pooped today :lol But I have nice new lights. My kitchen looks so much tidier now without the ugly cords and just the ugliness of those old florescent lights. Now I have to get myself up and showered so I can go to the grocery store before the church down the road lets out. It's a huge church and the traffic can get pretty bad.

Hope I can get myself going. I'm feeling a bit woozy right now. Just not awake enough probably :D

our Mother's day is the 2nd sunday in May , Father's day is the 3rd Sunday in June, and Grandparent's day is in September

Hello all, My oldest DD decided that I have about half of the signs of dementia....

Happy Mother's Day, Tracy! :manyheart

Shelly, I qualify for everything on the list. :lol And I've just been calling it "Senior Moments." ;)

Linda~I'm so glad you've had a good weekend. It's nice to do whatever you feel like without interruptions. :yes

It was 80 yesterday and supposed to snow tomorrow :eek...I've been to the store this a.m. just in case.

Afternoon Everyone. :) I am finally home. :cheer I have to tell you ladies a story. I was checking in at the Ville at my sisters & my niece (the 16 yr. old that preggo) was sitting behing me. She looks at me & says Aunt Tab what is crotchetville? :eek I just about fell out of the chair laughing. I was laughing so hard I was crying & couldn't even answer her for 10 minutes. She is sitting there going what? while me & my sis are rolling. The sad thing is she was serious. Poor, poor child. :lol I looked at her & said you have got to be kidding me. She was like what are you guys laughing at. I said, can't you see the big hook under the word. She said, OHHHHH, got red & giggled. :rofl

Cara~Enjoy your new washer. :yay

Sandi~Welcome. The ear thing is all too familiar here. :yes One of my twins stuck a rock in his ear at 8 yrs. old & had to be sedated also. :lol Of course at 8 the Dr. was like you should know better but I say boys will be boys. :yes:lol

Mary~I'm glad you enjoyed your yard. It must be gorgeous there. Still cold here, BRRRRRR.

Mary~DUH, I just saw where you said the temps. just above my last post. :lol That is beautiful weather, I doubt we're even at half of that here. :wbrr

Well, i'm off to try to get some relaxation & rest. I think the weekend away only made my cold or whatever this is worse because I am feeling like crud. Poor Jaden & Doa aren't feeling so hot either. Just keeps getting better here. :lol

Have a beautiful day everyone! :manyheart

Tab - Hope everyone's well soon :hug

Mary - That's what the gal at HEB just told me about the snow! I couldn't believe it. It is blowing like crazy out there. Crazy.

What a trip to the store. Like I said, the wind is insane out there. Had a hard time driving and my cane blew out from under me in the parking lot. Thanks goodness I didn't fall down :blush And they must've let all the churches out early today. Everyone and their mother was there today :lol So 90 bucks and an hour and a half later I'm exhausted :whew But that oughta keep us for a couple of weeks.

Afternoon Ladies,

It's so good to be home. I've done nothing but sleep and crochet. It's been a whole month since I've been able to crochet. Thanks Mary, Wendy & Cara. I'm glad to be back. I've had my niece to pinch me to see if I was really home.

Krystal-- I've crocheted 101 solid squares since Friday night.

I'm going to take a nap before I wash my hair. I'll check back in later.

Love you guys.

Morning everyone,

Mary Im glad you had a great day in the yard and now the weather is going to change dramatically, wow how the weather can change so quickly.

Tabby hope you and the family are feeling better soon :hug and how funny was your niece.:lol

Judy howdy doody.

Linda its great to have time to yourself now and again. Are you working on the puppy ghan.

Valerie great going with the saltines and glad to see ya back.

Krystal are you making saltines yet. Girls what do ya say, I think Krystal should start making them as well.:yes

Cara hope your relaxing and taking it easy after your shopping adventure.

Shelly we have mothers day in May as well and first Sunday in September is fathers day, we dont have grandparents day here.

Tracy hope you had a great mothers day.:hug

Just got back in from the road trip. We left Friday night and ended up in Opelika, Alabama. The next day we went to Dothan and came back up to Montgomery, Alabama. Today we wiggled our way back home. It was a lot of fun but my hiney is tired from riding in the car. (900 miles)

Hubby got a lot of geocaches and I got some squares done. (Would post but after seeing 100 plus over a weekend I'm embarassed...:blush) It's time for me to put together another block. I'll do that this week. I've got to look up the handy dandy joining method. I think I read that somewhere. Anyway, I just caught up with all the posts and have enjoyed the reading. I'm so glad I joined this group! :clap

Daphne-We're glad you joined, too. :hook

Cara~Yes, the wind has been incredible today. I just heard the severe stuff may be here about midnight. :(

Hi to everyone I've missed. Have a good evening/morning. :manyheart

It was 80 yesterday and supposed to snow tomorrow :eek

Oh, NO!!! :eek

Tabby hope you and the family are feeling better soon :hug and how funny was your niece.:lol

Linda its great to have time to yourself now and again. Are you working on the puppy ghan.

Valerie great going with the saltines and glad to see ya back.

Krystal are you making saltines yet. Girls what do ya say, I think Krystal should start making them as well.:yes

Tabby, I agree. That's hilarious about your niece.

Yes, Wendy, I'm working on the puppy ghan. I've got 1/3 of the squares crocheted, but none put together yet.

Yeah, Krystal, you should at least have a spot at the bottom with Cara and a zero like hers. We all know you're doing some.

It was a lot of fun but my hiney is tired from riding in the car. (900 miles) I got some squares done. (Would post but after seeing 100 plus over a weekend I'm embarassed...:blush) Anyway, I just caught up with all the posts and have enjoyed the reading. I'm so glad I joined this group! :clap

We're glad you're here, too. My hiney would be tired, too, after that long a trip. I'm sure I get rump sprung on far shorter trips. Don't be embarrassed to post your squares. A lot of us have been at this a lot longer than you have, so of course we're faster. You are doing just fine. :hug

Archived