Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Hi ladies. DH and I went to lunch at On the Border and did a little shopping - it was a nice change! :)

Cara~I will be glad to check at our Michaels-is it RH Lavender in the pound size? Just let me know and I could have it in the mail Tuesday if they have it. :yes

Linda, we are officially giving you the rest of the day off. :hug I'm trying to be good and not start anything else, too!

Wendy, take care of yourself. :manyheart I've been wondering about Shay, too...I hope she's okay.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe NOW I can have the rest of the day off. Just finished printing up 50 pages of stuff for John that he needed for his trips to visit clients this week. He leaves tomorrow and will get back late Thursday, so it will be just us girls this week. The printer upstairs doesn't work. Not sure what is wrong with it. Mine downstairs does work, it's just somewhat slow and a bit cranky. It's 10 or 11 years old, so I guess that's allowed. I have to feed it one page of paper at a time or it tries to run through multiple sheets at the same time and then everything gets messed up. I got a third of the current preemie blanket crochet while it was doing its thing. Not too shabby.

Shelly, have a great time at your mom's house. We'll miss you.

Wendy, that headache sounds like a real meanie. If I had a magic wand I'd zap it for you. Oh, wait......:2magic

:eek :eek :eekOH NO!! I don't believe what I just did! I've had this idea floating around in my head for days now for a pattern. Tonight is finally came together. Total of 480 squares in the pattern which is sort of a stylized flower. 224 solid squares. 192 two color squares. 32 three color squares. 32 four color squares. WHAT WAS I THINKING !?!?!?! :eek :eek :eek

Tracy did you have a great time with your mum. Hope your not catching a cold now.

Linda oh my goodness what have you let yourself in for. :eek But you know you wanna do it.:D 4 color squares sounds very interesting.

Mary great progress.:cheer

I have a great idea for my sp and it involves saltines. Hmm do I really wanna do it.:think

Tracy, hope you feel better soon.

Hi, Wendy. I don't know if I'll actually do it but I do like what I came up with. It's 4 10 squares by 12 squares sections. The flowers could be done all the same 3 colors or each one could be in done using 3 different colors for each.

Good morning ladies :flower

Mary - Gonna try to find the lavender today but I'll keep your offer in mind just in case :wink Where did you ever find it in pounders? Only RHSS pounders I can ever find are black, white, off white and for some unknown reason cherry red :lol

Wendy - That headache sure has gone on for a long time. And if I remember correctly this is the second time you've had such an awful headache. Have you seen the doctor? Maybe it's migraine. They can last a long time. I had one for a month once believe it or not :eek Then I finally went to the doctor who told me what it was and she gave me a shot, I took a long nap, then I was right as rain :D

Linda - Okay, I'm very intriqued about this new pattern :yes You know you want to do at least one block :devil

Tracy - Oh dear. Now you've got that bug that's been going around the 'Ville. Get some rest if you can :hug

I haven't seen Shay either. In fact there's about a handful of folks I'm getting more than a little concerned about :worried

Well, I sweet talked the nephew into taking me out today. I need to go to the post office anyway and this way he can take me to WM and HL :yay I told him I'd treat him to Taco Bell...not because I'm craving Taco Bell you know :wink

The phone rang, I'm stewing a chicken and I don't multi-task as well as I used to. :D

To all of you who are sick - Get Well Soon. :manyheart I wish we were closer so I could bring you some chicken soup.

Linda~Your pattern sounds great. Can we see? :)

Mary, of course you can see the pattern. There are two shades of yellow in the center, although that doesn't show up too well in the picture. And two shades of green, also.

DCP_1356.jpg

DCP_1042.jpg Alaina, this is the quilt pattern that I started with for The Lady of the Lotus. There were a lot of modifications in the specifics, but the overall concept is still the same. I'll have an update photo of how far I am either later today or tomorrow. It's big. 900 squares in all. The original is 90" x 90" and mine should be similar in size. I just fell in love with the pattern when I saw it and had to figure a way to make it in crochet. It's taking a long time, but I've done a whole lot of other things along the way, including 3 smaller quiltghans.

WOW!!! That is simply AMAZING! Can't wait to see pics of your progress! Are you using the same colors?

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, my life has not been my own lately!

WOW!!! That is simply AMAZING! Can't wait to see pics of your progress! Are you using the same colors?

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, my life has not been my own lately!

I took the book along when I picked out the yarn so that the colors would match as closely as possible the ones in the quilt. It's close. With a little luck I will have it done by Friday. The last strip of 6 blocks is about half put together.

Mary, of course you can see the pattern. There are two shades of yellow in the center, although that doesn't show up too well in the picture. And two shades of green, also.

DCP_1356.jpg

Oh Linda, it's really pretty! If anyone can do those multi-color squares, it's you!

Howdy ladies.

I guess I fit right along with the rest of ya that don't feel that great. I have been ignoring some sinus junk going on in my head & now my ear really hurts. I guess that's what I get for ignoring it, huh? :sigh

Anywhoo, I didn't come in here for that. My Hubby started complaining that it wasn't fall anymore & that we needed a new ghan on the back of the couch. He wants one that matches the LR colors. But I was thinking & one upped him. We have an oriental kinda theme going on & I was searching through the quilt blocks online. I fiddled around with a couple of them & this is what I came up with. What do ya'll think? Obviously there not my designs because I just kinda made them crochetable but i'm not out to design just to crochet. :hook It may need two more blocks but i'm not sure how big I want it yet. If i'm going to make it lap size or add two blocks & make it ghan size. :think

clickable

th_chinesepuzzlinglanterns.jpg

Archived