Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Linda - Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear :( What an awful thing to come through. I hope you get it straight without much pain :hug Great job finishing the squares for the LotL! :yay You're in the home stretch now :clap

I have finished the Argylesque :dance:clap:cheer I'll get a photo of it tomorrow when the light comes back. It took me all day long to add the border. Think I'm slowing down after a nice long up cycle :( Wish those good days would last longer :yes

But now I've got to decide what to do next :scrachin Wanted to do Country Roads but I don't think I have the colors on hand. I won't be getting to the store for about a week so gotta think of something for the meanwhile. Never fear I shall come up with something :hook

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda ~ Wow! You guys will have a full house this weekend. Will you have to do a bunch of cooking, etc.? :think

Cara, :yay on finishing the Argylesque! You know we can't wait for pictures.

I worked on the Dragonfly ghan again tonight. I'm rather proud of myself for working on two things at the same time for a change. :lol DH has an 8 am flight so that alarm will go off way too early. Have a good evening, all. :manyheart

I love the way these look and every one I see I'm amazed on how well they look. The double color ones frighten me right now. I'm decided between the woven blocks and the gingham on the Happy Yellow house site. My snowflake afghan is over half way done so I'm trying to drum up another project.

Krystal - 19 solids and 9 bicolors. I now have all the squares crocheted for the rest of the LotL. On to joining now.

My troubles with the IRS started with a roommate who stole from me and bankrupted me while I was on disability and so overmedicated I didn't know what was going on around me. Then I lost my job with its $60,000+ annual salary and ended up with less than $10,000 a year in income and no health insurance. My home was foreclosed on in there, too. There just hasn't been any money to pay the back taxes. Oh, well. Something will work out eventually.

Cara, I took the pattern for Becky's Blocks and increased the width and length and am making a preemie afghan in bright orange. It's cute.

Sorry to hear about all the hassles you have had.:hug Great work on the LOTL, the end is in sight, cant wait to see the end result.

Thanks, Mary. I don't know if I can get it finished by the weekend or not. It would be nice since a bunch of John's family will be here then. It started out that it would be his folks and one sister. Then the sister's daughter and granddaughter were added in. Now another sister and two or three of her family are coming, too. We're going to have a very full house.

Sounds like its going to be a great weekend.:yay

I have finished the Argylesque :dance:clap:cheer I'll get a photo of it tomorrow when the light comes back. It took me all day long to add the border. Think I'm slowing down after a nice long up cycle :( Wish those good days would last longer :yes

But now I've got to decide what to do next :scrachin Wanted to do Country Roads but I don't think I have the colors on hand. I won't be getting to the store for about a week so gotta think of something for the meanwhile. Never fear I shall come up with something :hook

Cara way to go. Cant wait to see the finished product. :clap

I worked on the Dragonfly ghan again tonight. I'm rather proud of myself for working on two things at the same time for a change. :lol DH has an 8 am flight so that alarm will go off way too early. Have a good evening, all. :manyheart

Mary its nice to have a few things on the go I reckon. Are you sure you want just 2 projects, I think you could easily handle a third.:D

I love the way these look and every one I see I'm amazed on how well they look. The double color ones frighten me right now. I'm decided between the woven blocks and the gingham on the Happy Yellow house site. My snowflake afghan is over half way done so I'm trying to drum up another project.

Welcome to the group.

Welcome! :) It took me a while to get comfortable with the bicolor squares, but now they're my favorite ones to make. Don't hesitate to ask questions...someone will jump in with answers. :yes

Smith, welcome!!

K - did you get the 17 solids I posted last night?

Yes, I did.. that bumped you up to 8th place!

Night all, I think Im getting a cold so Im going to bed. I hope I feel better in the morning.

Take some vitamins, especially zinc (or have some smoked oysters) and see us in the morning!

Thanks, K -

I have to log off now - filling out our passport renewal forms. Not because we're planning on going anywhere...just because they're ready to expire.

Smith, Welcome to the group!:welcome The bicolor squares aren't nearly as hard as they look. You'll be cranking out squares in no time. I've even done 4 color squares. They aren't that hard, they just create lots and lots of tails to hide.

Good morning ladies :flower

Smith - Welcome to the group! :hug I agree with Mary. When I started all these the bicolor were kind of a pain but now they're my favorite ones to make. The solid ones are boring :lol

Wendy - Sure hope you feel better in the morning :hug

Judy - A passport. That's one of those things my sister keeps telling me I need. But considering I rarely even leave town I don't see the rush :lol Good luck with yours.

K - Now I knew about the zinc but smoked oysters?!?

Gonna get a photo of the Argylesque once it gets a bit brighter in here. Seems it's gonna be another dreary day. Think it rained last night because the back deck was wet and there was water in the cat food bowl. So it either rained or someone rain our backyard through the car wash :lol Hmmm, I shouldn't try humor before the caffeine kicks in properly :D

Cara, that is gorgeous!!:clap:clap:clap

What sort of border did you make? HDC?

Thanks hon :hug I did six rounds for the border is this order....sc, hdc, sc, hdc, sc, rsc. Love the way the rsc worked on this one. The stitch is a pain in the wrist but it is so worth it :yes

I love the look of the rsc, too - use it alot! I found that by pulling the hook to my right ide more than toward me the stitches lay nicer, K

I give you alot of credit Cara because by time I get to the border I usually just want it done so I go one maybe two rounds & simple. But the way you did yours really makes your ghan beautiful. I guess patience really makes a difference, something I don't have. :lol

Archived