Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Hi, everyone. Between my computer acting up today and errands all afternoon, I haven't been around. However, I did get the 5 block strip finished and sewn onto the rest of the LotL. Yeah!!! And I'm 3 squares away from having the squares for the first of the last 6 blocks crocheted.

DCP_1351.jpg

Linda have you contacted the designer of the quilt. They might be interested to see their design done in crocheted squares.

I agree, wholeheartedly!

Wendy, it will be very strange :yes. But today I have to go shopping for crockery and cutlery as when I got downstairs today I realised they had taken all of that as well. Just as well DD had to have toast cos there wasn't a bowl to have cereal out of. :) And there is no food, so got to do that too. Well, cos I have to walk about 4 miles today to get all of that done (I don't drive and refuse to use taxi's unless I have to) I will be skipping the gym this morning. I feel guilty about that as I need to lose the weight, but I console myself with the fact that I will be doing ALOT more walking than I usually do. :D

Hope your family are ok, send them our condolences. :hug

Tracy - I have an odd image of your house. Is there a way you could take a picture of the outside of your house? When you're talking about sharing a space with your cousins and other family members, but then the kitchen is one room where everyone has things.... I have a dormitory in mind!! Separate living spaces, but shared kitchen? We don't have things like that here, and I'd love to see what you're talking about!

Linda-- I sincerely hope you enter that in your local fair --that is definitely a Best of show if I ever saw one. What a work of art !

:yes :yes :yes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning everyone.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Linda your going well with the blocks for the LOTL.

Mary how are you going with yours.

Laurie welcome to the group, your first 2 blocks look great and the squares will come straight once you sew them together.

Cara wow second column done you must have been on a saltine roll. Your so speedy with these squares.

I didnt get any squares done yesterday. I was busy putting a border on my babette.

GRRR!!! I'm ticked :rant I ordered an extra four place settings of my fancy dishes from Linens n' Things and they sent the wrong ones and now they don't have the right ones. :grump At least I can take them back to the local store for a refund. They'd better give me the 16 bucks in shipping back, too :angry

On the upside though, I've gotten almost 5 rows on the third column of my ghan done :hook

Oh Cara, how frustrating. :( I think they ought to pay you double the shipping just for the inconvenience!

I agree :lol :lol Well, to make up for the disappointment of the dishes my slipcovers I ordered for two of our living room chairs to make them work in with our other stuff arrived today and they're fabulous! :yay They were easy enough for me to even put them on myself and they look great :D

I didn't get too many saltines done today I've been making fingerless gloves. I made a pair for my daughter and now the woman she works for is going to pay me $20 for a pair for her {payment was her idea not mine}

Im on the last row of the babette border now. I only did 8 panels of the pattern and as it is its quite big. The new season of Lost is on in a minute, finally they are going to be rescued. Not sure why after 3 seasons that Im still watching it, it sure is a weird show.

Hi Wendy.

I am trying to catch up on Season 3 at the moment. It is strange, but I want to see what happened. :blush And I have run out of other things to watch for now. Still trying to find places to watch them on the internet. At least I have caught up on Prison Break and am in withdrawal waiting for next weeks episode. :D

Last night I started crocheting the corner squares for the 3 blocks I have waiting to be sewn together. I got a little panicky that I was running out of white and would need to go buy some more yarn. I'm also in the stashbusting cal and I really don't want to mess up my score. Well, I found another skein so I'm good for a little while more.

I don't know if this tip has been mentioned previously, if it has, I apologize. I use the long knitting stitch holders (the aluminum safety pin type) to hold the small squares until I'm ready to sew them all together. That way I don't lose any in the bottom of my crochet bag (or anywhere else those pesky squares happen to run off to :lol ) So far I've been able to easily fit 15 small squares on a holder.

I don't know if this tip has been mentioned previously, if it has, I apologize. I use the long knitting stitch holders (the aluminum safety pin type) to hold the small squares until I'm ready to sew them all together. That way I don't lose any in the bottom of my crochet bag (or anywhere else those pesky squares happen to run off to :lol ) So far I've been able to easily fit 15 small squares on a holder.

Laurie, that's a really nifty idea. If you mentioned it before, I missed it.

Okie dokie finally got my camera working and slowly catching up on posting pictures of my stuff the pictures are still not the best inthe world but this new fancy camera is hard to understand how to work here is anupdated picture of my color scheme for my it takes a village quilt

heres a copy of the link since im still figuring the sizes of the photos and stuff out lol i have 4 of each color made then im going to peice them together lol

Okie dokie finally got my camera working and slowly catching up on posting pictures of my stuff the pictures are still not the best inthe world but this new fancy camera is hard to understand how to work here is anupdated picture of my color scheme for my it takes a village quilt

heres a copy of the link since im still figuring the sizes of the photos and stuff out lol i have 4 of each color made then im going to peice them together lol

VERY pretty!:clap

Good Morning, all. :) I've always been a morning person, but I went back to bed and slept til 8:30 this a.m. :eek

Laurie, that's a great idea for keeping track of squares. Mine are always kept in a ziploc bag because of my cat, Zoe. :devil I can't even leave a project bag open for a minute...she takes whatever she can and drowns everything in her water bowl. :lol

afswife ~ Your village quilt is looking great! Thanks for sharing pictures. :hook

Cara ~ I think slipcovers are wonderful! I'm so glad you found some that fit just right. Is today your day out? Have fun!

Tracy, hope things are pretty well settled at your house. Are you working on the Casa?

Hi to those I've missed. :)

Hi Mary, yes, still working on the Casa. Think I am on the 5th row now, not sewn those blocks together yet. The first four rows are looking a bit messy still. :eek

The house is very quiet (nice), but still waiting for some furniture for the living room.

Oops, timer for the rice has gone.

Archived