Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, everyone. Between my computer acting up today and errands all afternoon, I haven't been around. However, I did get the 5 block strip finished and sewn onto the rest of the LotL. Yeah!!! And I'm 3 squares away from having the squares for the first of the last 6 blocks crocheted.

DCP_1351.jpg

Thanks, Mary & Wendy. The connection downstairs is sometimes not the best. And when I first took the picture, Photobucket was doing some updating and wasn't on line. Otherwise, it's okay.

Linda, that is GORGEOUS!!! :clap

Wendy, it will be very strange :yes. But today I have to go shopping for crockery and cutlery as when I got downstairs today I realised they had taken all of that as well. Just as well DD had to have toast cos there wasn't a bowl to have cereal out of. :) And there is no food, so got to do that too. Well, cos I have to walk about 4 miles today to get all of that done (I don't drive and refuse to use taxi's unless I have to) I will be skipping the gym this morning. I feel guilty about that as I need to lose the weight, but I console myself with the fact that I will be doing ALOT more walking than I usually do. :D

Hope your family are ok, send them our condolences. :hug

Thanks Tracy. Wow they could have left you something for brekky. Have fun shopping for all new crockery etc. With all that walking it wont hurt to miss the gym. I need to do more walking myself.

I dont think I said on this cal but my FIL died this morning. It was expected, he was 92 and had lung cancer so it was just a matter of time, but at least my DH got to go up there and see him.

Silly me for not looking in the housemate's cupboard for OUR cereal! :think When I got back from buying all the crockery and things, they showed where they had left it and the bowls. Well, maybe I should feel stupid for not looking in all the other cupboards where the food is normally kept for the bowls and plates? Anyway, DD had toast with choc spread for breakfast and I (shh, don't tell) had coffee and a bacon roll at McDonald's on my way home. I did get a free coffee mug out of it, though. :D But I like having my own crockery, I didn't mind sharing with my cousins, but I feel better having my own things when sharing with others. That way they can't get cross with me for not washing up quickly enough, cos they should be using their own things. :yes If I had been able to carry more I would've got more, but I will leave that for another time. Now, just to do the food shopping after the work delivery arrives. DD wants mac and cheese or spaghetti bolognaise for supper (she loves pasta dishes and prefers the way I make it to other peoples, what a good girl she is :rofl).

Well, off to crochet til they come back for the last of the furniture. :wave

Tracy you will find it nicer to have your own crockery. A bacon roll at Macca's sounds yummy, your making me hungry and its very unusual for a child to want home cooked pasta instead of take away food. My kids love Macca's.

Well Im going to bed now. Catch you all later.

I only have 2 blocks finished so far. I have 2 others done but not sewn together yet. I'm not particularly happy with the scalloping effect on the outside of the blocks but I'm hoping that will go away when I sew the blue squares in between.

The white is the I Love This Yarn. The stars are whatever yarn I happen to have.

DSCF0589-adj.jpg

Good morning. Thanks, Tracy. Having your own stuff is nice.

Good night, Wendy. Sorry to hear about your FIL. I'm so glad your DD and DH got to go see him before he died. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Once the LotL is done, I may take you up on your idea about sharing how the pattern looks done in crochet with the quilt design person. One more stip of 6 blocks before then.

Hi, everyone. Between my computer acting up today and errands all afternoon, I haven't been around. However, I did get the 5 block strip finished and sewn onto the rest of the LotL. Yeah!!! And I'm 3 squares away from having the squares for the first of the last 6 blocks crocheted.

DCP_1351.jpg

WOW!:clap:clap

Good Morning, all. :) I hope none of you are (or have been) in the path of the storms. Stay safe. :manyheart

Laurie, your blocks are wonderful! Thanks for sharing...we love pictures. :yes

Wendy ~ I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug

Julie ~ it's so good to see you here more often. Hope you're okay and that you'll show us what you're working on. :hook

DH will be home tonight, so I need to plan some meals and go shopping...when he's gone I don't cook. :blush (But I sure get more crocheting done. :D)

Wow! How did I miss so many posts in here? :think Guess I got on a saltine roll yesterday. I also missed 2 emails from my sister :blush But I did get the second column done! :yay And today will be the same as yesterday :dance

Laurie - Yep that scalloping will work itself out :yes

Julie - Howdy hon :hug How's that PS coming?

Tracy - I can't even imagine having to walk around that much and lugging packages too. I think you still came out ahead on exercise even missing gym :yes I do a lot of my shopping online since I can't get out much. Now if they'd just go back to delivering groceries I'd be set :lol

Linda - WOWZA!!! That LotL is a knockout! :eek Definitely a blue ribbon winner there! :yes

Mary - Yeah I made the mistake of getting in a groove with the squares yesterday and made a mess of them at once. Then I had to sew them all together. Think I'll go back to making 12 at a time then sewing :lol

Wendy - Howdy hon :hug

Archived