Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks to everyone for the compliments and the input! No way would I do the whole quilt...it would be a monster. One block would be about 45" square and that would be okay for a lapghan, wouldn't it? :think I also think it would make a pretty baby quilt for a little girl.

Color me simple, but why not put another round on the squares to make it bigger?

K - 32 solids and 4 bi-colours, please. :hug

Got it!

I'm in little square withdrawal :eek and am thinking about doing this pattern: http://happyyellowhouse.com/flowerquilt.html

I'm not sure I want to use that much purple...any suggestions on other flower colors? So far, all I've come up with is yellow flowers with a soft white background and medium thyme border. Or maybe 2 shades of periwinkle or blue for the flowers, pale yellow background and a thyme border?

Two shades of orange, pink, red, or gold would all work well for the flowers if you don't like purple.

Here is the Dragonfly ghan so far. The green doesn't look as gray in person. (Clickable)

th_Dragonflies008.jpg

th_Dragonflies006.jpg

Your dragonflies are lovely, Mary. Great job. :yay:clap:yay

Kim and I made cookies this afternoon and they turned out great. Banana/Oatmeal with 1/3 of the sugar replaced with Splenda and olive oil instead of butter or margarine. Yummie.

Back from shopping.

Still sewing the squares for the last row of block 4.

DH and my DD10 are going by plane to Townsville Queensland this afternoon as my FIL is not well and has about a week to live. He is 92 and has lung cancer. I said to DH go now and see him as you might regret it later. It takes a total of 7 hours by plane to get to Townsville with a stop over in Brisbane. They will be coming back on Tuesday.

Cara well done in getting your place tidy, now you can crochet to your hearts content.

Britt and Tena its great to see you both.

Wendy ... hugs to you and your family. I'm glad your DH and DD could go..

Krystal I know where you are coming from.. we live in a single wide trailer with 3 bedrooms and there are 5 of us 3 adults and 2 grandgirls... cluttered is the natural state around here. I'm trying to rearrange my LR and bring in some things for storage so there is a little more empty space in the middle for walking through without tripping over toys or my yarn ...

Well here's the photo of my measley progress this week. Not bad actually I guess. That's most of the first of 3 columns :D

argyle0201.jpg

Great job! Cara, how are you stitching yours together. I don't see colors bleeding into one another. It looks as if you singled or slipped stitched in both squares. If I'm wrong, just remember that I do wear glasses that I can't pull off until I'm actually going to sleep.

Great job! Cara, how are you stitching yours together. I don't see colors bleeding into one another. It looks as if you singled or slipped stitched in both squares. If I'm wrong, just remember that I do wear glasses that I can't pull off until I'm actually going to sleep.

I just whipstitch them together through the back loop only. That's all there is to it. :)

Well, I've gotten four rows added to that column now. Much more fun that cleaning ;) Now, I'm trying to decide if I add another couple rows or head to bed. I'm beat :P

Thanks everyone,

Just dropped DH and DD10 off at the airport.

Valerie I whipstitch through both loops too and also use the same color as one of the squares.

Ok finally got block 4 done and its sewn together. Now going to sew some of block 5 together. Its like doing a jigsaw puzzle here.

Mary- love the colors in your Dragonfly-- very pretty, as all your work is !

As for the new quilt colors... hmmm ... good question. I'm wondering if you could make it in several flower colors, kinda like a field of flowers ?

Hey Krystal-once all the kids are gone, you won't have to clean NEARLY as much. It's about impossible to keep a totaly de-cluttered house when kids live in it .

Hi Britt-long time, no see ~

Julie hi there, yes my FIL has lived a great life and at 92 they werent going to do anything about the lung cancer. They have just let it run its course. He is sleeping most of the day so they say he will just go to sleep and not wake up. The best way to go IMO. Anyway just hope that DH and DD10 get to see him before anything happens.

Well the sewing of the squares is going well.

How is everyone else going.

Good morning Wendy, Julie and all,

Thanks Wendy and Cara. I've always whipped stitched the back loop only with the exception of the last ghan where I singled crocheted through the back loop only.

I was curious because I could not see green on the white or red in the blue and vice versa.

Off to work. I'll check in tonight when I get home.

Wendy, I'm praying for you and your husband's strength as you guys go through this ordeal. It's never easy to lose someone but it makes you feel a little better when you know that person had lived their life to the fullest. Take care!:hug

Have a good day/night.

Color me simple, but why not put another round on the squares to make it bigger?

Thanks for the wonderful idea, Krystal. :manyheart

Two shades of orange, pink, red, or gold would all work well for the flowers if you don't like purple.

Your dragonflies are lovely, Mary. Great job. :yay:clap:yay

Kim and I made cookies this afternoon and they turned out great. Banana/Oatmeal with 1/3 of the sugar replaced with Splenda and olive oil instead of butter or margarine. Yummie.

Yum - the cookies sound great!

Back from shopping.

Still sewing the squares for the last row of block 4.

DH and my DD10 are going by plane to Townsville Queensland this afternoon as my FIL is not well and has about a week to live. He is 92 and has lung cancer. I said to DH go now and see him as you might regret it later. It takes a total of 7 hours by plane to get to Townsville with a stop over in Brisbane. They will be coming back on Tuesday.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad your DH and DD were able to make the trip. :hug

Wendy, sorry about your FIL. Hope husband and daughter get there in time. Saying good-bye is more important than some people think. Hope they have a safe flight.

I have to get a move on if I'm to get anything done today. More later.

Judy - Looks great so far! That's gonna be really pretty! :yes

I am so sore today :( That'll teach me to clean instead of crochet :lol But today, all I plan to do is crochet. Maybe a little gaming with the DH but nothing else. Dinner might even be something delivered :lol

Archived