Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an explanation of that symbol, Tracy - and have you thought of doing the design as a graph ghan? In hdcs it should go fast.

Triquetras (Charmed Symbol) and Triple Moons

Long before the TV show "Charmed" adopted this ancient Celtic Triquetra symbol it , and the Triple Moon, were used in Pagan and Wiccan teachings. It represents the threefold nature of the Goddess: As maiden, mother, and crone. The triquetra symbolizes the three faces of the Goddess, balance of Mind, Body and Spirit. The circle signifies the ever-turning cycle of life, death & rebirth. The Triquetra is a fantastic way to represent the power of three and celebrate the divine feminine.

Thanks, Judy. I never knew what it stood for, but I've always liked that design.

Shelly, it sounds like you are doing all the right things. Glad it was Pink Eye and not a scratch. Pink eye is fairly easily treated.

Genetics is something that doctors don't always take into account. We had one panic when our son was little and only in the bottom 10% range on the growth charts. He thought we weren't feeding him enough. Had us come back for a recheck in 1 month. Still in the bottom 10%, but had a different doctor, who looked at us and said, "Neither of you are very big, what are you worried about?"

I'm ready to start sewing squares together on the LotL tomorrow. 5 blocks worth of squares crocheted and tails hidden. This will make the strip across the bottom. Not sure how long it will take to sew 125 squares together. :lol:think:lol

I have enough saltines made and joined together so I can share a pic...but the top of my thumb is aching, so I'll take a break for a day or so from making any more - there's always something else calling my name.:D

I'm ready to start sewing squares together on the LotL tomorrow. 5 blocks worth of squares crocheted and tails hidden. This will make the strip across the bottom. Not sure how long it will take to sew 125 squares together. :lol:think:lol

Wow, Linda! Do you just have one more side of blocks after these? Can't wait for another picture of your beautiful quilt ghan. :cheer

Krystal and Donna ~ Did you use the joining method in the pattern for the Dragonfly ghan? I hadn't even looked at that part until tonight...just wondered what method you used. Thanks!

Have a good evening everyone. :manyheart

Mary, yes after these 5 blocks, there is a side of 6 blocks. I can't believe the end is actually in sight. It seems like I've been working on this forever. It's less than a year in reality and I've done a lot of other things as well, so I guess it's not so bad.:crocheting

Linda its amazing how quick you have done that pattern, considering all the other things you have made. Cant wait for an update pic.

Judy way to go, its a pain when you get sore fingers while crocheting. I get a sore pinky where the hook must lean on while Im holding it. It can be annoying when you want to keep going with what your doing. Looking forward to seeing your photo of your progress.

Morning HH ladies

Hope you are all well out there .It's kinda hard to jump in here and catch up after being "lost" for so long, so I'll just start here .

I am still working on the Leslie-pattern. Still havent counted how many squares are done . I have most put together but a few new ones to add .

I have also been making some baby patterns, and got 2 hats done and one blanlet, and about 1/3 of another one, so they have taken up most free time I've had this week . (which hasn't been a lot )

Hopefully next week will get back to normal around here .

Tracy howdy doody. Let us know how you go with the graph.

Julie, its great to see ya. Im glad your still finding time to make saltines. How is Cam by the way.

Valerie have a good sleep.

Just made heaps of saltines while trying to watch The amazing race on one station and then switching in the commercials to watch The next top model. My dvd recorder wont record for some reason. How annoying is that.

Krystal and Donna ~ Did you use the joining method in the pattern for the Dragonfly ghan? I hadn't even looked at that part until tonight...just wondered what method you used. Thanks!

Have a good evening everyone. :manyheart

Yes, I just whipstitched the squares together. It makes it nice and flat. It's not THAT bad!

K - 23 solids for me today.

Night everyone.

Got it. Good night!

Good night, Wendy. It seems like a long time on the LotL, but I've got WIPs that are much older! :lol :lol :lol

Hi, Julie. You've been sorely missed around here lately.

Tracy, good for you. I haven't tried a graph pattern in crochet, just in knitting. Let us know how it goes.

Have a good day at work, Valerie.

John went deer hunting both yesterday morning and evening. Thank goodness today is the last day. He did not get any, although one walked by his head on the bank above where he was sitting. He was too surprised to shoot.

John went deer hunting both yesterday morning and evening. Thank goodness today is the last day. He did not get any, although one walked by his head on the bank above where he was sitting. He was too surprised to shoot.

Yay for the deer:clap

...score: 1 (deer), (0) John:lol:lol

Morning all,

Just dropped off nephew and getting ready to go in myself. It's going to be a long day. I've made saltines but have not had the time to count them. I have a manager's meeting tomorrow 9-1 (my off day). I'll count them when I get home from the meeting.

Julie - Glad to hear from you. I've been praying for you and your family's health. Take care of yourself. :hug

Linda - Thanks. I really do have a great time at work since I've move to this store.

Wendy - You have a good sleep too.

I'll check in tonight when I get home. Have a great day everybody. Love you guys! :manyheart

Good morning ladies :flower

Julie - How ya doin' hon? :hug In case you missed it yesterday

Happy Birthday

:bday

Valerie - Have a great day!

Linda - Good thing it's the end of deer season. If I were John I'd be worried if the deer were now sneaking up on him :lol

Good morning Wendy :hug Actually, you're probably sound asleep right now :lol

Today is my day out! :yay I've been looking all over for an extra four place settings for my "fancy" dishes that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg and lo and behold I found them right there on Linens n' Things website :oops $80 for service for 4. About half what I was thinking :dance Hopefully they have them in our local store. If not I can order them online. Since we're hosting the Thanksgiving feast this year I need those extra place settings! Yes, you're gonna hear about Thanksgiving all year :lol

Enjoy your day out, Cara.

Hellooooo, Tabby.

I started on the practice graph from the site Judy said, so far it looks ok :think, but I almost stabbed my cousin with the crochet hook cos he said that I wasn't doing it right. :angry So I told him to show me how to do it and he said he can't crochet (he can chain and sc a bit, I showed him) so I told him to get lost then. :yes The nerve of the man. Anyway, I think I managed to get halfway with it today :lol and going to carry on for a bit before cooking chilli con carne for supper.

Archived