Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Off to run errands and maybe play with yarn at HL. :D

Have fun playing with the yarn, Mary. I might do some of that this afternoon myself.

Cara, or anyone...I know the saltines can be positioned either way - but opinions, please: which way looks best: with the back of the first row facing you or the other way.

I usually position mine with back of the first row facing me.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning everyone,

Ines wow sounds like you had a great time with your family over there. I didnt realise you had so many relatives overseas. Its great that your daughter got to meet them.

Valerie hope you can join us, do you have a pattern in mind.

Judy I always use the last granny row as my right side, so yes in this case the first row I show the back side when sewing them together.

HiYa Guys

I am like a bear hibernating for the winter. I am awake at the moment so thought it might be a good time to drop in .

Everyone 's pictures are looking great-

Shay- the sun one will make a great beach-blanket !

Judy- glad to see you joining in. I am using almost the same colors as you it sounds like, although I am using linen as the light color ,then orchid, dark plum and sage for the green.

I need to get the gumption to snap a photo and post it . I havent even counted how many squares I have done.. need to do that too. I am going the slow way and adding each one as I make it, so not tallying up big numbers on them .

It is turning out pretty though. I've never used much purple shades before, so it's kinda nice for something different .

Hi, Julie!

I'm making the ghan in blocks.I wrote down how many I need of each color and once I make them then I'll join them. I figure if I look at it as one block at a time, it'll get finished! I keep the yarn here at my desk, and as I wait for pages to load I do a little bit more. I'm waiting to give K a total...

I'm also on the last few shells of a border on a preemie blanket - which I started in December!

Hi Judy

That sounds like a very organized way to do it , where I kinda add on to the bottom row sometimes then the side row others. I think I have almost one block complete . I'll have to go count to see .

This is kind -of a good project to do a little at a time.

I am also trying to do some baby ghans for some girls i don't know real well, but thought they'd like something pretty for their babies. They are all due in the spring, so kinda trying to get a move on them, but I'm not real speedy right now .

It's gonna be interesting to see how close our Leslie-ghans match !

Julie its great to see ya. Im glad you are still crocheting and have some of your saltines done.

Judy howdy doody.

Julie and Judy it will be fun to see both of your ghans and see the differences in colors and I know both of them will look amazing and it doesnt matter how long it takes to do. Remember I took 6mths to do the Casa and 9 mths to do the Amish. Just take your time and enjoy the project and see it come to life.:hug

Cara, or anyone...I know the saltines can be positioned either way - but opinions, please: which way looks best: with the back of the first row facing you or the other way.

---------

I'm afraid I can't be any help because I modified the pattern to have both rounds be the same (basically the same as a granny for 2 rounds). For some reason, it was just easier and faster for me that way...

K - 23 Solids for me today. thanks

Almost missed this one.

Shay, I missed your sick post.. UGH!!! Modern medicine... they can cure all kinds of cancer but can't figure out a way to stop people from throwing up other than doping them. They can get rid of sniffles but NOT the coughs... y'know, these researchers could EASILY figure out how to do these things, but nobody bothers because then where would we all spend our money?

Hi everybody,

Thanks, Linda.

Wendy, I've decided to join. I'm going to do the Patches quilt from Cara's site. I'm using hot rose, country blue, light sage and butter cup from HL...ILTY.

Yay! I can't remember anyone doing the Patches yet. :think It will be fun to see the progress. :)

Hi Mary,

I looked for the Leslie-ghan too and could not find it. Therefore, I went with the patches ghan. I'm already in the double digits for saltines but I won't post the amount until I'm done for the night. Let me know if you find the Leslie-ghan.

I always do mine with the back of the first round facing me :yes

Julie - Hiya hon :hug Glad to see you're still plugging away :D

Mary - Yep, Patches is still up there. http://happyyellowhouse.com/patches.html

Been working on the LL today and had BD run me up to HL to see if they still had the RHSS Royal blue that was on clearance the other day. Of course, they didn't :( One day I'll learn to grab it when I see it.

Hi Mary,

I looked for the Leslie-ghan too and could not find it. Therefore, I went with the patches ghan. I'm already in the double digits for saltines but I won't post the amount until I'm done for the night. Let me know if you find the Leslie-ghan.

I think this one is the one they're doing.

Thanks, Cara -

And the one Julie and I are doing has that color scheme, but it's not the one you had the link to. Let me check my files and post it here...

Be back.....

Archived