Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

K:-52 solid done last night.

Wendy

your filet looks super...its fun isn't and so great to watch the pattern come to life.Dont worry about catching up...i still have no idea what to do after this one yet.

Craftee

Im so sorry they are sick...i hope they get better soon.

Linda

Would love to see your snowflakes!!.

Tabby

Great to see you again...hope all is well!!

Julie

If your out there i hope all is well??

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shay howdy. Cant wait to see how yours is going.

I have been busy sewing squares and nearly have the next block done. Im not really happy with the rain that I added doing an embroidery stitch. I tried the slip stitch crochet but just couldnt get the hang of it. Should have a pic for you all friday.

Im stuck Ladies.

I have completed block 2 of my picture quilt and I hate the sky. I have all these white squares then a few grey squares and Im supposed to do backstitch to make it look like a cloud. In cross stitch this would work because then normally the rest of the white sky wouldnt have been cross stitched in white it would have been blank but in this it just looks weird.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make this look like a cloud or maybe I just cut the top 3 rows out and replace with all white squares and just put some more birds in.

Here is my photo of block 2 and you can see where I have started to do the grey outline stitch then I just used the yarn to show the rest of the outline. I really dont think it looks right but not sure what else to do. I have also done one line of rain spots.

I still have block 3 to do which has the rest of that cloud.

Ladies Im not on cloud nine at the moment.:lol

th_P1030120.jpgclickable

Wendy - Are the cloud and the sky squares all white? I'm not seeing any contrast and I think that might be what's bugging you. And I think you're right. The grey squares don't seem to be working :think

Im stuck Ladies.

I have completed block 2 of my picture quilt and I hate the sky. I have all these white squares then a few grey squares and Im supposed to do backstitch to make it look like a cloud. In cross stitch this would work because then normally the rest of the white sky wouldnt have been cross stitched in white it would have been blank but in this it just looks weird.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make this look like a cloud or maybe I just cut the top 3 rows out and replace with all white squares and just put some more birds in.

Here is my photo of block 2 and you can see where I have started to do the grey outline stitch then I just used the yarn to show the rest of the outline. I really dont think it looks right but not sure what else to do. I have also done one line of rain spots.

I still have block 3 to do which has the rest of that cloud.

Ladies Im not on cloud nine at the moment.:lol

th_P1030120.jpgclickable

Wendy, I agree that it's not working. I would do the clouds in two shades of gray or two shades of gray with black I think. Then they would stand out from the sky and have depth. The rain drops actually work. And, since storm clouds are frequently dark rather than mostly white, it wouldn't look weird. It would mean redoing a lot of your sky, unfortunately. Just replacing the gray squares in the sky and adding more birds would probably be simpler. It depends on what you want the overall look to be like. Good luck. :hug :hug :hug

Wendy, Linda sounds like she has a plan....good luck!

Oh Judy just the person I needed. What's that site that you get all the graph patterns from? I had a bookmark but I lost it :P

Good Morning, ladies. :) I have a couple of appointments later, so I really need to get busy...but I'd much rather be crocheting. :lol

Amber, I hope the kiddos feel better soon. :hug

Shay ~ you've made so much progress already! Looking forward to more pictures.

Hi Miss Valerie. :waving

Wendy ~ I think either of Linda's suggestions would look better. I'm sorry that you may have to redo squares. :(

Hi Cara! How is the LL coming along? How many blocks are you making? :crocheting

Making 6 blocks but adding squares around it too. I've finished 4 1/3 blocks so far. Just hope I can stay awake today and can get something done on it. Kept falling asleep yesterday :blush

Making 6 blocks but adding squares around it too. I've finished 4 1/3 blocks so far. Just hope I can stay awake today and can get something done on it. Kept falling asleep yesterday :blush

What is an "LL?"

Wendy - I think you'll be happier once it's done :hug It'll be worth the extra work :yes No didn't get any squares made because I just hurt so much :( But went back to sleep this morning at 9:30 and slept til 2:30 which was just about a half hour ago. Feel much better now and I'm ready for itty bitty squares :D

Afternoon all. I just finished the last seam on this set of 3 blocks. Now just have to sew it to the rest of the ghan. Then I'll take a picture. Then it's 11 border blocks and the final overall border.

Wendy, good luck with taking out that last gray square. Sorry the original plan didn't work out.

Cara, glad you're feeling better after your nap.

Judy howdy doody

Krystal wow thats hardwork if you have to do it more than once. You would only do it if you needed to go out though would you or is it best to keep up with it so it doesnt build up.

Linda way to go, what pattern are you doing again or is this the LOTL.

Hi everyone

I did make a few saltines last night, but need to count them still. I have been trying to work on each project a little bit each day, but having to work extra hours isn't helping much. :eek

Hi Tracy~your schedule sounds hectic and yet you still manage to get crocheting in...good for you!:crocheting

Cara Im glad your feeling better. I had breakfast this morning then sat down and ripped out those grey squares. Just one more grey square to go then Im going to add another birdy where the 3 in a row greys were.

Sounds like the perfect solution!

Archived