Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Just Ducky is finished, except for the border. :hook Now, of course I'll want to start more squares. :lol

Just for fun, I looked back at quilt ghans I've finished...5 of Cara's and Linda's Mr. Train. (I also have made 2 blocks of the Ohio Star Variant that are 100 squares each...a WIP for way too long. :blush) Gee, do you think I'm addicted to Cara's little squares? ;)

Yup, you've got the bug bad.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy - I have a sign that says that in my kitchen. My mother gave it to me because I used to ask her "why do you insist on coming by when the house is a mess? It was clean the other day" :lol

Mary - Yes, that is little Peyton. It's his one month birthday today :manyheart

I love that saying I'll have to remember it.. that reminds me of my brother when he was about 4 - 5.. my aunt was going to wash his face and hands for lunch when he looked up at her and said" my mother just washed my face last week" we still have a laugh over that and my brother just turned 50 this past summer.

Shay you are going so well with the saltine making. Have you sewed them as well.

I did some squares today and then had to concentrate on my filet lesson. This is the last week so I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing so that I could still ask the teacher.

Ok before I go to bed, Im going early as I have a headache, I thought you might like to see my filet crochet, so far it shows all the stitches we have learned. Mesh, Block, edc, open mesh and lacet stitch.

The mesh is the square open space, block is all the edc's, open mesh is the rectangular spaces and the lacet stitch is the curved stitch.

th_P1030117.jpgclickable

Thanx for the hint, Wendy, hopefully I will remember to write them in before I put them away. :) I still have 1 ball of 4 ply and 4 of DK (I am using a strand of each) and use 2 DK for each 4 ply, so I might only be able to do another 4 rounds. I think that might be big enough (I hope :think ). Then I have to start one for her sister who is ALSO getting married, this one in May.

Mary, can't wait to see Mr Ducky.

Have a good day to everyone else, I have a lot of work to do today, so might not catch up again until tonight.

Morning ladies. :manyheart It is cold here. BRRRR!! :wbrr Just stopping in to say howdy & now I should get back to cleaning. UGHH! :yuck

Nighty-Night Wendy. Your filet is coming along beautiful, great job! :cheer I hope your head feels better when you wake up. :hug

Just saw in a magazine where you can buy this comical door mat and the phrase on it

says

"The house was clean LAST WEEK Sorry you missed it.

How great is that.

That's GREAT!!! Where can I get one?

Mary - Yes, that is little Peyton. It's his one month birthday today :manyheart

He's adorable, Cara. Glad you had a good time on your birthday.

Ok before I go to bed, Im going early as I have a headache, I thought you might like to see my filet crochet, so far it shows all the stitches we have learned. Mesh, Block, edc, open mesh and lacet stitch.

The mesh is the square open space, block is all the edc's, open mesh is the rectangular spaces and the lacet stitch is the curved stitch.

th_P1030117.jpgclickable

Wendy, you are doing GREAT!!!! Lovely filet crochet. :clap:cheer:clap

Good Morning, all. :)

Hi Miss Tabby ~ it's good to see you here this morning. Stay warm! :hug

Valerie, I remember truck day each week...exhausting work. Take care and I hope you get some crochet time soon. :crocheting

Wendy, Wow - your filet work is beautiful. :yes

Tracy, your RR is gorgeous and I'm sure it will be perfect!

Hi, Mary, I'm here. I've been crocheting snowflakes today. I'm about ready to go back to sewing squares together soon. I was behind and needed to catch up and then got caught up in some of the other patterns that were on the same page as the one for this week. Plus there's snow on the ground, so it seemed appropriate. :lol :lol :lol

Im here :yawn just woke up. I actually slept in till 8am. What a hard life I lead.

Thanks for your comments on my filet. Im enjoying it and its easier than I thought it would be.

Well what to do today...hmmm I have a ton of squares to sew but I need to make more to try and catch up to Shay.

Ok need to drink my coffee to wake up. Its another beautiful day here again.

I've been creating purses today..my fingers needed a break from saltines.. I made another one of my seashell purses.. everyone I've made is a little different.. I like this last one..it is a little wider and longer and has a thicker strap.. I'm working on a backpack purse right now...

Archived