Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

I think you should crochet yourself some new ones!

Actually that's not a bad idea at all! I have a book full of slipper patterns. A little altering and I should be able to come up with something :scrachin Thanks for the idea hon :hug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cara, I did a sample of the sedge stitch and got as close as I could. Any closer and it gets really blurry. I've got 4 blocks done now: 1 solid black, 1 solid cherry red, and 2 black and cherry red striped. The picture is NOT an actual block. I did it this way to try to make the stitch show up.

DCP_1322.jpg

That looks so pretty, Linda. I'm anxious to try it. :hook

Cara ~ I'm so glad you got into see the doctor. And what a fun day for mail! :yay We just got our 1040 IRS book and some bills. :lol

I'm pretending it's not almost 80 degrees and am making Taco soup and cornbread. DH is happy. :)

Cara ~ I'm so glad you got into see the doctor. And what a fun day for mail! :yay We just got our 1040 IRS book and some bills. :lol

I'm pretending it's not almost 80 degrees and am making Taco soup and cornbread. DH is happy. :)

Taco soup? This sounds good. :yes How does one make Taco Soup? Boo! You need fun mail, too :D Tomorrow I should get my Annie's Attic order. Yes, when I'm sick I have a tendency to shop :blush

Actually that's not a bad idea at all! I have a book full of slipper patterns. A little altering and I should be able to come up with something :scrachin Thanks for the idea hon :hug

I figured you had already figured it out! I was sorta just joshing you, expecting that you had considered and rejected the idea! :lol

Taco soup? This sounds good. :yes How does one make Taco Soup? Boo! You need fun mail, too :D Tomorrow I should get my Annie's Attic order. Yes, when I'm sick I have a tendency to shop :blush

What's your excuse the rest of the time? :rofl

Cara I think we all just love to shop.

I have just ordered 2 books first one is Learn to filet crochet in JOD and Crocheted Potholders 2. I need some filet patterns so that once I learn the stitch next week I can start to make some things and I didnt have any potholder patterns and this book had some cute ones in there.

Cara I think we all just love to shop.

I have just ordered 2 books first one is Learn to filet crochet in JOD and Crocheted Potholders 2. I need some filet patterns so that once I learn the stitch next week I can start to make some things and I didnt have any potholder patterns and this book had some cute ones in there.

Wendy, are you taking the filet class here at the 'ville? I've been trying to decide and I think we have until Friday to register. :think

Cara

Thanks...it came up just before i left so i was able to get the amounts...I GOT THE YARN :yay...now to get my wave done so i can start it.

Wendy

I love Filet i am always working on one,Kathy taught me about 2 years ago when i was testing her shawl,she is a very good teacher...i am working on a wall hanging right now...let me see if i can get a photo of it....I love the roman ones.

2176815507_3d3e9472fd.jpg

Shay, the wall hanging is turning out beautifully!! You definitely have the knack for it.

Though it's no where as big as yours, I still have much more work to do on a test filet pattern...there's only one place that has enough light to do it by, unfortunately. I'll have to apologize to the designer for taking so long - I'm just glad someone else is also doing it!

Shay that is so pretty. Kathy also taught me when I tested her last scarf. It's alot easier than I thought it would be. Although I did learn with yarn and not thread. I will eventually want to try it in thread too.

Cara

Thanks...it came up just before i left so i was able to get the amounts...I GOT THE YARN :yay...now to get my wave done so i can start it.

Wendy

I love Filet i am always working on one,Kathy taught me about 2 years ago when i was testing her shawl,she is a very good teacher...i am working on a wall hanging right now...let me see if i can get a photo of it....I love the roman ones.

2176815507_3d3e9472fd.jpg

That is REALLY pretty! What thread and hook are you using?

Shaylen, that is absolutely stunning! I don't seem to have the patience to do it any more. I've done a few small pieces, but nothing like what you have tackled. :nworthy :nworthy :nworthy Wow!!!

Good Morning, ladies.

Shay, your filet piece is beautiful. :manyheart Not sure if I have the patience for that, but may try the beginner class.

DH was hit by a red light runner yesterday. :angry Thank goodness he's okay, but his truck isn't...at least the guy had insurance. They are bringing a rental this a.m. We've both been hit by people running red lights in the last 2 years, so this is getting really old now. :(

We're going to have lunch out, so I'd better get busy. Have a great day. :hook

Mary - Glad DH is okay but what a pain to be inconvenienced :irk Have a nice lunch :hug

Still feeling better today. House is a disaster I'm finally noticing :lol Gotta be careful not to overdo though. When I felt better the other day and cleaned the fridge and did laundry and tidied up all in the same day I was down for two days after that :( Gotta go to the post office today if I can get a shoe on. Had trouble yesterday and tried my regular slippers this morning. That was painful :( But at least it's not broken. I can live with this better than I could a cast :yes

Archived