Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Wendy, hallo there :waving Can't wait to see how it goes with your scrap afghan.

Pickles, cute story. :lol

Today, I have a lot of fun in the lab where we take apart the server tower (taller cpu than home user's cpu) then reassemble and boot it up. It's interesting how we can find errors with hardware, not only software.

The lab teacher ask me to bring my two old computers (dell desktop and compaq laptop) to school next Monday. So we can convert them with Linux Ubuntu which is my goal to learn in school. Can't wait! :applause I will let other students playing on these computers and get familiar with Linux. Even, one student ask to take apart the laptop. :lol

I don't decide about the old computers yet. I am not sure if I want to donate them to school. My original plan is convert them to Linux then give away to my friends who can't afford a computer. They will come up here end of the month. Then I will go to Los Angeles for July 4th and stay with them for a week. That's when I will bring computers back. Any thoughts ?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well not sure what exactly did it, if it was a combination of the new formula, the new acid reflux medicine, or the nice warm bath I gave her but we slept last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:sleep:jumpyay:night:woo Thanks to everyone on the compliments and good wishes! Working on a few saltines today. Will see how far I get......:hook

And I love the song by the way! What encouragement to start another WIP! Just what I need! (yeah right!)

Thought I would share a funny story with you....the first night I started this quilt ghan my DH (who is not very happy about me starting another project...even got the "you better finish this" speech) said to me "Those look like saltine crackers!" I almost fell out of my chair laughing! I told him if you only knew!!! :lol

Hooray!!! A good night's sleep!!! Here's hoping that's the beginning of a whole string of good nights filled with sleep. ........... Love the saltine story. Priceless comment.

Mary ~ I got the squares for the second block finished this evening, so that's another 24 solid, 4 bi-color, and 8 4-color saltines for me. I'm aiming at getting crocheting done for the next strip of blocks and then assembling the blocks one after the other.

Linda - Glad you and Kim had a nice lunch.

Pickles - Love the story! :lol Glad you got a decent night's sleep :hug

Diane - Now you'd think one wouldn't have a server tower in their home but we do. DH is an IT professional by trade and insists that we run off a server :rolleyes Makes him happy and when he buys something for it I can always say to him, "For what that cost, I could've bought 6 months worth of yarn." :devil

Tracy its great to see that your encouraging everyone to start new projects and add to their wips. Hows your granny ghan going, are you doing 6 inch squares and sewing them together?

Mary hows your granny ghan going.

Mary 19 solids for me today.

I can see it all now...you and Tracy are ganging up on the rest of us. :lol You mean the granny ghan I'll probably never get started?

I've added your 19 squares. :)

Mary - No today would've been shopping day but my sister had an MRI and then she had to study. She's working on her accounting degree. I'm going out tomorrow morning though to take Tuon back to the vet. She's been sickly seeming again today. I just want her checked and probably some testing done before the weekend. I'm hoping they can do something to at least make her more comfortable.

Sunny hope your feeling better soon.

Pickles Im glad you all got a good nights sleep.

Tracy :hi

Cara goodluck at the vet this morning.

Well I have sewn 20 squares this morning for my scrappydoo pet ghan and its looking quite good.

th_P1030622.jpg Here is my Scrappydoo pet ghan so far.

th_P1030625.jpg My ATW, havent gotten very far with it at the moment.

Sunny - Hope you're feeling better :hug

Wendy - Lookin' good :tup

Gotta go check the other CAL then get ready to head out to the vet. Wish us luck :cat

Me, ganging up? I am an :angel. Ask my mom. Oh wait, don't ask her :no, I am always encouraging her to add to her WIM or WIP. :devil

:roflTracy, now really! You've been around here long enough for us not to buy that! :rofl

th_P1030622.jpg Here is my Scrappydoo pet ghan so far.

th_P1030625.jpg My ATW, havent gotten very far with it at the moment.

Wendy, those are both lovely. Any pet would be proud to have that scrappydoo pet ghan.

I am not very awake yet, but plan on taking it easy today. I think I'll look at yarn today for the two quilt ghans that I want to do. (Maybe for the crochet games.) I'm thinking teal and soft white would look good for the two color one. The other one I'm waiting for inspiration on.

i made one bi color today. i was getting over a little sickness again so i wasn't able to sit up for long today. anyway put me down for one bi color.

Sunny, feel better soon. :manyheart You made one more square than I did. :lol

Me, ganging up? I am an :angel. Ask my mom. Oh wait, don't ask her :no, I am always encouraging her to add to her WIM or WIP. :devil

Of course you're an angel...but I'd love to talk to Denise for the real story. :D

Cara, keeping my fingers crossed for Miss Tuon to get better. :hug I kept thinking today was Thursday...that's why I asked about shopping. :blush

Wendy, both projects are great! I really like the colors in your ATW. :cheer

Linda, teal and soft white would be lovely. Let us know what you decide!

(Updated Friday, June 06, 2008)

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) 1488

Shelly (Super Granny) 1473

Wendy (Aussie) 1418

Mary (Skysmom) 1009

Sunny (sunnyvale) 607

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Tracy (tracystroebel) 480

Heather (hseger) 345

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 305

Sharon (econ-nerd) 180

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Sharon (CandEsMom) 78

TKC 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa) :queen of the Crocheted Quilts!

(Updated Friday, June 06, 2008)

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) 1488

Shelly (Super Granny) 1473

Wendy (Aussie) 1418

Mary (Skysmom) 1009

Sunny (sunnyvale) 607

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Tracy (tracystroebel) 480

Heather (hseger) 345

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 305

Sharon (econ-nerd) 180

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Sharon (CandEsMom) 78

TKC 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa) :queen of the Crocheted Quilts!

You are just too sweet :manyheart The race is close isn't it? :clap

So anyway, back from our nearly 2 hour vet visit. She still has a fever and it's gone up some. He did a bunch of blood work and a urine test since she tinkled all over the place when they drew the blood :P Most of it looked normal.

Her blood glucose level was 600 though. Normal is around 100 like in humans. So, she's probably diabetic which is easy enough to control. He put her on insulin injections and a special food.

But diabetes doesn't cause a fever so he still thinks she has FIP. He thinks the only reason she's survived this long is the diabetes since it makes them voraciously hungry. Cat's with FIP die from anorexia. They literally starve to death. So keeping our fingers crossed that it's just diabetes.

For today, since she's home and away from the vet's she's actually playing for a change. :manyheart

So anyway, back from our nearly 2 hour vet visit. She still has a fever and it's gone up some. He did a bunch of blood work and a urine test since she tinkled all over the place when they drew the blood :P Most of it looked normal.

Her blood glucose level was 600 though. Normal is around 100 like in humans. So, she's probably diabetic which is easy enough to control. He put her on insulin injections and a special food.

But diabetes doesn't cause a fever so he still thinks she has FIP. He thinks the only reason she's survived this long is the diabetes since it makes them voraciously hungry. Cat's with FIP die from anorexia. They literally starve to death. So keeping our fingers crossed that it's just diabetes.

For today, since she's home and away from the vet's she's actually playing for a change. :manyheart

Oh, Cara, I do hope it's diabetes and something less serious than FIP. I had a cat that peed all over while at the vets, too. His comment was "Now that's a cat that's really ______!" (Fill in the blank & rhymes with hissed.):lol :lol :lol

Archived