Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Sunny, you're doing great! Can't wait for the next picture. :hook

Karen, WTG on more squares. Sometimes, the joining is relaxing for me and other times I just want to make squares. :yes

Sharon~that is just beautiful! Your colors are lovely together. :cheer

Cara, I'm glad you got more antibiotics for Tuon and that she's a little better. :hug

Hi to Wendy and Judy, too. I'll update the scorecard and be back.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok here are my numbers

404 solids and 71 bi colors - all of these but 16 solids are connected to the main afghan

WOW!!! That is awesome, Sunny! :nworthy :nworthy

Sharon, very lovely indeed. I like the idea of using row markers to hold the squares in place. Great idea!

It was overcast and gloomy yesterday and the same today. Sigh. Yesterday was lots and lots of stuff around the house getting done. Not a stitch did I crochet. I've got the Painted Desert up here today. I have one more block to finish and then I'll have two strips of 4 blocks done. Hopefully pictures later today or tomorrow.

Cara, I'm so glad that Miss Tuon is continuing to improve. I sure hope it continues.

A new score list today, Mary? How wonderful. Thanks so much for doing this. You're a sweetheart. :bheart

Okay, here is what I have as of this morning! Please let me know if you see any errors.

Shelly (Super Granny) 1473

Wendy (Aussie) 1366

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) 1360

Mary (Skysmom) 1009

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Sunny (sunnyvale22) 546

Tracy (tracystroebel) 451

Heather (hseger) 345

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 305

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Karen (econ-nerd) 144

TKC 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Sharon (CandEsMom) 78

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa) Resident designer and always in first place. :hook

Okay, here is what I have as of this morning! Please let me know if you see any errors.

Wendy (Aussie) 1366

Mary (Skysmom) 1009

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Sunny (sunnyvale22) 546

Heather (hseger) 345

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Karen (econ-nerd) 144

TKC 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Sharon (CandEsMom) 78

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Awww you're so sweet :manyheart

It's a tight race isn't it? That's very exciting :clap

Linda, it will be fun to see your Painted Desert again. :yes

Cara~I wish you would total up all the squares you've made someday...it has to be an incredible number. :crocheting

Must get busy now! Have a great morning/evening.

Cara~I wish you would total up all the squares you've made someday...it has to be an incredible number. :crocheting

Hmm, I was curious about this too. Adding up what's on the site (counting the Ohio Star twice because I know I've made that one at least twice) I came up with 18,791 saltines. That doesn't count others I've made more than once, charity squares and two I made that didn't make the final cut as patterns. Now that's taken me about 11 years to do four of which I didn't crochet at all because my hands couldn't do it. So about 2,500 squares a year. :faint

Hmm, I was curious about this too. Adding up what's on the site (counting the Ohio Star twice because I know I've made that one at least twice) I came up with 18,791 saltines. That doesn't count others I've made more than once, charity squares and two I made that didn't make the final cut as patterns. Now that's taken me about 11 years to do four of which I didn't crochet at all because my hands couldn't do it. So about 2,500 squares a year. :faint

I get 2,684.5 sqares a year. WOW!!!!! You rounded it DOWN!!!! :nworthy :nworthy :nworthy :nworthy :nworthy :nworthy No wonder you are our fearless leader. And you didn't include them all even then!!! You are totally AWESOME, Cara.

:hi Hi Mary thanks they are getting toward the end :yay

I think today I might put together a couple more blocks of my pinwheel. I need to get working on that more.

I work mine in blocks of 25 to 36 squares so it's not so overwhelming. I worked the first one with a 12 by 12 block and then broke the rest down to 6 by 6 blocks. I never even attempted to do them in rows of 24 or more blocks. Too intimidating by far.

:applause Wow! Thanks for figuring it out. I told DH at lunch that I'd bet it was at least 20,000...he thought I was nuts. :lol

I've had fun this afternoon - thanks to DH. I'm on muscle relaxants for a really sore shoulder and don't want to drive. So we went to lunch and he took me to HL and Michaels. :) Michaels has TLC on clearance for $2.00 and I got some basic colors. HL has made their RHSS section smaller, but did have more ILTY in stock. Their TLC is all gone :( but I got two skeins of Thyme from the clearance bin. And that's my big excitement for the week. :lol

And...20,000 2 1/2 inch squares side by side is about 4,167 feet! :D

Cara has nearly made a mile of squares.. LOL!

:lol :lol :lol I'd say if we're beginning to measure in miles I think we can call it an obsession :lol

Mary - Wow they're marking the TLC down farther at your HL. It's still $2.69 on clearance here. That makes the RHSS and ILTY cheaper. They're shrinking out RHSS section, too and increasing the ILTY section. Just wish this nut job that does the ordering would keep it better stocked. Seems they're always out of half the colors.

Wendy (Aussie) 1366

Mary (Skysmom) 1009

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Sunny (sunnyvale22) 546

Heather (hseger) 345

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Karen (econ-nerd) 144

TKC 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Sharon (CandEsMom) 78

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

i am so behind - but i guess i should keep in mind i only started a few weeks (maybe three or four) ago:think and i was sick for one of them.

Sunny, you sound like an overachiever! :lol The Saltine Smackdown has been going on for months, so seeing as how you've got 1/3 of the points the top person does, in only a fraction of the time... unless you trip somewhere on the racetrack, methinks you might just pull ahead! :rofl

Wendy (Aussie) 1366

Mary (Skysmom) 1009

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Sunny (sunnyvale22) 546

Heather (hseger) 345

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Karen (econ-nerd) 144

TKC 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Sharon (CandEsMom) 78

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Mary thanks for the update.:hug

Shelly Congratulations being in first place enjoy it while you can.:clap

Mary thanks for the update.:hug

Shelly Congratulations being in first place enjoy it while you can.:clap

:rofl :rofl :rofl Oh, Wendy!! That sounds like you're throwing down the gauntlet with a vengence. We leave on vacation for 10 days on Friday and I'm planning on taking along the Painted Desert to work on. That ought to help my score out. :lol :lol :lol

Sunny, you are doing just great. Shelly, Wendy, and I have been at this much longer than you have. That's part of why our scores are so much higher.

Heather - I'm getting that same message, trying to change my signature...

"BB code size value is too big."

That's because we're only allowed 10 lines now. And an empty line counts as a line.

Archived