Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, Mary. I have a feeling that I'm going to need that big time if I choose either of the two quiltghans I thinking of doing. They are both about 320 squares, BUT the the first is 2/3 bi-color squares and the second is 1/3 bi-color squares. And to do either in just the 16 days that the games are on is going to be really pushing it. I've never done one of these in that short a time. And I do want to watch the Olympics. :lol :lol :lol They would definitely be a "Mad Hooker on the loose" project.

DCP_1139.jpgDCP_1203.jpg

They're both beautiful! I like the one that looks like a snowflake the best... and yep, you would definitely have to be the "Mad Hooker" to complete one for the games. :lol

Evening all, hope you all had a good day. :D

3 hours later and I FINALLY have all the lose saltines of the Casa stitched together. :woo Next time I spin the wheel to work on the Casa, I can actually crochet some saltines for it. :lol

WTG on joining so many squares! :cheer

I've got the 9 for today, too. :yes

Wendy - Really it's gonna sound annoying I know but simple is best. Don't try to capture every part of the whale. Just the basic representation of a whale. Think coloring book, not photograph. Did that make sense?

I think I forgot to say "Hi" earlier. :think Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday. It's been busy this a.m., but am now ready to crochet and relax for a while. We had to leave my car at the dealer's because the driver's door wouldn't open from the inside...that's not fun. :lol At least it's still under warranty.

Thunder and lightning are getting pretty bad, so will need to shut down for now. Time to make some squares. :hook

Wendy, I feel for you. :hug I've been there and done that. Like Cara said, the trick is the simplify everything whenever and wherever possible. I still try to get mine too close the a picture which is what yields so many weird squares on a lot of my designs. Keeps at it. You can do it. :hug Just be patient with yourself. The dachshund pattern still needs modifying and simplifying.

I saw the urologist this afternoon. $130 dollars later his verdict is that he doesn't know what's causing the pain, but it isn't the kidneys. Oh, and that is would be a good idea to have another CT scan in 6 months, in another 6 months and then yearly just to keep an eye on the cysts. And that they should probably blast the kidney stone in the left kidney as an elective measure, because it is large enough to cause problems sometime in the future. But no immediate need to do it now. Sheesh!!!

Went to Walmart to pick up some prescriptions on the way home and their power went out, so I couldn't even do that! Frustration City!

Hope everyone is having a good day. All for now. :manyheart

Linda what a pain to spend all that time and money and they have no idea what's going on. I swear BDs right. Doctors are just auto mechanics...they keep guessing til they get it right and charge you for their screwups with no lost sleep :irk Oh well guess it's worth it for the times they actually get it right. Hope whatever it is gets resolved soon :hug

HI everyone,

Linda wow thats a lot to spend to still not know whats going on, how annoying. Hope they find out whats causing your pain.

Mary have a great day crocheting, hope the storm isnt too bad.

Tracy hows the Casa going.

Well Im still deciding what to do here, might have another go tonight after work.

To who ever is keeping track of my squares...... I have another 53 solids and 46 bi-colors to report

I don't report every day just when I get a bunch done I count them and report in... I'm almost done with the shades of blue one I'm doing... Have to join the rest of theis block and loin it to the quilt then do a couple more blocks and I'm done...

Linda, I'm sorry you've had a not-so-good day. :hug I hope you've been able to get in some crochet time.

Shelly, I recorded your squares. :)

I've been working away on the Ohio Star today except when the power was off and it was too dark to see. :lol Each block has 100 squares! :eek

Thanks, Wendy and Cara. Sometimes I feel more like a guinea pig than a person. Hopefully they'll think of something before too long. I'm going to immerse myself in a good book and then go to bed.

Shelly, congrats on all the squares and being so close to done. Way to go, gal!

'

What a great analogy. I'll have to share that with HB. :lol

Hmmm, dunno if he'd appreciate it being a doctor and all. I've stepped in it again I do believe :blush

Hey everyone, hope ya'll are having fun. Not too long ago I made the Big Top Quilt in baby pink, blue, yellow and white; I make enough blocks to cover a queen size bed like quilt, 6x8. It turned out beautifully but I don't have a camera right now to take a pic of it. I completely understand what it takes and how much time it takes to make a quilt-ghan and honestly the finished product is well worth it. I want to show support to all of you and if I can help please let me know. Have fun!!!

WOW Colleen that is lovely!! What is the name of the pattern?

Mary I did up another 25 saltines - I'm now at 129. It is probably time to start sewing these beasties together soon :lol I'll probably start that tomorrow - today is pretty busy already.

I spent all last night designing and I take my hat off to everyone that designs because boy its not easy. Anyway I now have 2 to choose from. One is of a Koala and the other is of 2 cats. I might scan them and show them in here and see what you all think and whether Im any good at designing or if I should hang up my coloring in pencil and leave it to the experts.

Feel free to be picky, I wont be offended. I want to do one for the olympics so I have time to adjust them or not do them whichever.

th_EPSON001.jpg

th_EPSON002.jpg

Archived