Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

Just checking in. I'm still in the deciding phase for my next quilt. It's hot and voggy here, which makes me fussy, and I can't concentrate on anything.

DD#2 said she likes Cara's Calliope but wants it in different colors. So, that's something I'm pondering.

Cara - Sending good thought to you and Tuon.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Cara I will put up another photo once I have done the blue.

Linda cant wait to see your pics of the puppy cuddle.

Everyone is doing so well with their saltine making.

Mary - 16 solids for me thanks.

hi all i've done another 16+ squares yesterday and connected them. i also did a few more today and plan on connecting my next 32 tonight. weekly pic coming soon

Hi Sunny ~ Yay! You're making wonderful progress. :yes

when making quilts that have a small square as the center it is tradition to make it either a red or yellow square.... the red stands for the heart of the home.... yellow for the candle that is left burning in the window welcoming the wanderer home... just some more trivia that is floating around in my head...

I haven't been working on saltines ... I'm making cheez-its for my fishy...

Thank you, Shelly. I love learning things like that. :)

Good Morning, ladies. :)

Kim, deciding on a pattern is always the hard part for me...and the colors, too. :lol Let us know what you decide!

Cara~How is Miss Tuon today?

Linda~ :cheer for finishing!

Good morning, everyone. It is sunny and breezy here today.

Progress report: I was right when I said the directions for the sides of the Celtic Knot Prayer Shawl finally made sense. I'm on the third row and it is looking just like the picture on the pattern. It's also going quickly, which is a big bonus.

John got hit with a line drive again last night at the practice scrimage of the softball league. He now has a huge, painful bruise on his thigh. At least it missed his knee this time. And it was hit by the same guy that hit him last year with a line drive.

Poor John! Ouch! My DH played in a softball league until he was about 50...it was always a lot of fun, but with his shoulder injury he had to quit.

I'm so glad you figured out the shawl pattern, Linda. :crocheting

Wendy, I have your 16 squares. I'm not sure when Krystal will stop keeping score and I will start, but will keep track of new posts as of today just in case!

Heather, I saw your 32 squares...are they solids or bicolor? :think

Linda - Oh poor John! They oughta get that guy. Seems he's a little rough :irk Hope he heals quickly. Great progress on the shawl :clap

Mary - Little Miss Tuon actually seems a bit better this morning. She even came running to me this morning when I got up. She hasn't done that in weeks! She also hasn't been grooming herself. Not bathing and not scratching her claws. This morning she started scratching. Now granted it was on my loveseat but still :lol Hopefully the meds are working.

The boards got goofy on me. I have updated the scores up to this post:

BusyBeeLMT 1360

Super Granny 1328

Aussie 1313

Skysmom 966

Shay 575

sunny 390

Tracy 375

hseger 345

luvtocrochet 305

BrendaR 168

TKC 72

Judianne 55

renegade 50

TammyG 25

LaurieE 3

Misa 0

Sunny - you might want to count yours, I am just adding here and there what you mentioned.

Everyone - Please remember to post your squares to MARY now. It is much easier to find these if you separate teh line out like this:

Mary - 4 solids

Thank you very much Mary, for taking over!

Mary - Little Miss Tuon actually seems a bit better this morning. She even came running to me this morning when I got up. She hasn't done that in weeks! She also hasn't been grooming herself. Not bathing and not scratching her claws. This morning she started scratching. Now granted it was on my loveseat but still :lol Hopefully the meds are working.

I'm so happy for you, Cara. Come on Tuon! Keep getting better. :yay:clap:yay

Okay, it's show and tell time. Puppy Cuddle completed:

DCP_1412.jpg

May Preemie Afghans:

DCP_1405.jpgDCP_1409.jpg

DCP_1410.jpg

Linda, the puppy ghan is wonderful! You are one talented lady. :hook And I love the way you made big granny squares into preemie ghans...great idea!

Cara, tell Miss Tuon that we said to get better soon. I'm glad she's a little better today. :yes

For some reason I never clicked on the thread "Every Happy House Needs..." I don't know why. BUT, today I did and I can't believe it! I had found the quilt-ghan patterns a couple of months ago and love them. I started the Diamond Square and have one block and a bunch more squares done. The joining method in post 18 is brilliant and has changed my whole way of thinking about it. So, all this is to say, "May I join you?"

:yay

Sharon

For some reason I never clicked on the thread "Every Happy House Needs..." I don't know why. BUT, today I did and I can't believe it! I had found the quilt-ghan patterns a couple of months ago and love them. I started the Diamond Square and have one block and a bunch more squares done. The joining method in post 18 is brilliant and has changed my whole way of thinking about it. So, all this is to say, "May I join you?"

:yay

Sharon

Welcome aboard Sharon!!

Linda the puppy cuddle is just gorgeous and I like the baby ghans as well.

Cara Im glad Tuon is feeling better today.

Welcome to all the newcomers, you will fall in love with making little squares.

Thank you Joy & Wendy.

Sharon, welcome to the group! Of course, you can join us.:welcome

I have finished one side of the shawl and started the second side (for the third time.) :frog I duplicated one of the rows and ended up decreasing from both sides instead of just from the bottom. :2frog And when I frogged it the first time I didn't back up far enough & so had to frog again, just not as much as the first time. :frog

Archived