Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing okay, Tracy - trying to finish the tote bag for my friend...I have a hard time getting enthused over projects when I;m not in love with the colors.:P

Mary yes I cant wait to finish these projects. Have fun in the garden and congratulations to your daughter.

Linda will we see your progress on the puppy ghan soon.

Cara Im glad you had a great day and your nephew is so helpful isnt he.

Judy just think how much your friend is going to love it when you give it to her.

THAT'S what keeps me going!

I'm edging the body of it right now, after adding a flap to go over the top...and I need to see if I have enough plastic canvas so I can give the base and the sides some support before lining it. The shoulder strap (to be made yet) will be shorter than the norm...Rosemary is in a scooter (has MS), so...

Well, better get back to it...

Nice chatting with my buddies here:hug:manyheart

So this is where you all hang out as well...

I checked out Cara's quilt aghans and I decided I need to go find someone that can attach more arms to my body or else I have to teach my feet how to hold a hook. Um...now there's a challenge for you!

I checked out Cara's quilt aghans and I decided I need to go find someone that can attach more arms to my body or else I have to teach my feet how to hold a hook. Um...now there's a challenge for you!

:lol :lol :lol

Hello everyone. :hi

K - 5 solids for me, please. :hook

Got you!

Doing okay, Tracy - trying to finish the tote bag for my friend...I have a hard time getting enthused over projects when I;m not in love with the colors.:P

Oh, that is SO the truth. That is why I keep dragging my feet on the dots. I've started and finished other projects in the same time... that darned dots!

Now.. let's see... yup... in the toe, under the piggies, almost got it...

I'll be back in a bit.

Hi, all. Having John's folks here is making things a little strange around here, but so far it's going okay. This afternoon I spent time with Katie (John's Mom) helping her learn how to make saltines. I think she's completed 6 now. The first one was a bit strange and lopsided, but the rest are pretty good. She hasn't totally got the hang of it, but she's getting closer with each square she's making. Her first project will be a preemie afghan done in 3 shades of yellow.

Yes, I should have an updated photo of the puppy cuddle by Friday. I'm putting together block 6 of 12 at the moment and have quite a few of the squares crocheted for the second half already.

Sunny, you can see the chart for the puppy cuddle ghan here:

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/busy-bee-lmt/DCP_1210-1.jpg

It is 20 squares wide and 15 squares high. It's all in solid and bi-color squares. The puppy can be any 3 shades you choose.

Mary - Hooray for DD :yay That's quite an accomplishment. You should be very proud and I'm sure you are :D Yes, today is gloriously beautiful :manyheart And I got to get out.

Nephew came over at 10 and we got moving. He left about 45 mins ago and I can't believe that it's only 4:20. He's so helpful. He can get done in a few hours what would take me all week if not longer. Took frames back, bought a curtain rod and paint (ouch). Then came home hung the new dining room drapes and moved some stuff around. I even think he had fun. We always have fun together as long as he's not living here :lol :lol I think I hear my hook calling though :hook

So glad you had a good day and DN sounds like a sweetie...I remember wishing my aunt and uncle were my parents when I was growing up because they treated me with smiles and understanding. That is the same aunt who taught me to crochet at age 7. :manyheart

Mary yes I cant wait to finish these projects. Have fun in the garden and congratulations to your daughter.

Thank you, Wendy. :) I know I talk about DD quite often. We're close, but we don't even talk more than a couple times a week...there is just a special bond that I am so lucky to have.

Hi Linda, How long will John's parents be there? It is hard to have people in your home for more than a day or two. :yes DH and I always stay in a hotel, because we like our "space" on our schedule, but our relatives think we run a hotel here. :lol

I love your Puppy ghan~It still reminds me of our Cocker Spaniel, Maggie.

Gee, am I chatty or what? I did manage to make a few squares this evening! :cheer

John's folks will be here for a week this time. They will be going to another sister's house on Sunday. So far it's not been that bad having them here. And Katie is so determined to learn to crochet the saltines. She wants to make the preemie blankets. Her church is doing them, too. Although she says she's going to send hers to me to turn in.

Looks like the sun is going to shine today. Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning, all. :)

Linda, that's great that John's mom is learning to make squares! :crocheting

The second time Maggie got me up (4:15) I just stayed up. Again, thank goodness for crocheting...I made squares until DH got up so I wouldn't wake him. :hook Time to catch up at the desk, then I may just spend lots of time with my hook today. :yes

Good morning ladies :flower

Mary - Chatty is good :D It's wonderful that you have such a close relationship with your DD. I was very close to my momma too. :manyheart

Linda - Oh dear I sympathize. I hate having folks in the house for more than a day or two, too. But we very rarely have company. Especially since BIL has a steady girlfriend now :lol He used to spend vacations with us but now Jen is winning out :wink We don't stay at people's house anymore either. I'm up and down too much at night for that. We stay in hotels now when we go to visit.

Trying to decide what to do today. I got paint yesterday to repaint the kitchen. Then I came home and really looked the the kitchen. That thing awfully big :lol It'll take me weeks to do but that's okay. My guest room (we do keep one just in case) needs all the yarn I've bought the last couple of months moved to my craft room. It's kind of a disaster in there. Then of course there's crocheting which gets done during rest periods anyway :hook

Good morning, all. It's sunny here today after getting down to about 32 F last night. Crazy weather. This is the first spring since I moved down here 5 years ago when it has been this cold this late in the spring. It usually has this out of it's system by early March.

John's mom is sewing a skirt together for me today. I got the pattern and material over a year ago, but the doctors wanted me to lose weight, so I waited to put it together until my weight stablized. It's full length in an peachy apricot color. And it's denim.

I'm sewing the first and second panel together on the puppy cuddle at the moment. Have most of the squares for the next block on the Pained Desert crocheted now and a lot of the solid squares for the puppy. :hook

Have a great day! :manyheart

Good morning ladies :flower

Got kinda cool here last night too. Certainly not 32* but cool for late April. I'm seriously hoping this means a mild summer :D We had a relatively mild one last year. Another like that or slightly cooler would be very nice.

Tried to move our roll top desk by myself last night. Dumb move. I didn't realize it weighs 14,000 pounds! I moved one side forward all of about 1/4" and my back spasmed. It was bad last night. Not put me to bed for a week bad like sometimes but it got my attention :lol It's better this morning but I think I'll stick to the hook for today. It's less likely to damage me :hook

Hi everyone. :)

Linda, Oooh - the skirt material sounds really pretty and how cool that John's Mom is putting it together. Sounds like lots of progress on your puppy ghan and Painted Desert, too! :cheer

Cara ~ ;)Instructions: Do not move any more furniture by yourself! We want you here all in one piece. :yes Enjoy your crochet time. :hook

Tried to move our roll top desk by myself last night. Dumb move. I didn't realize it weighs 14,000 pounds! I moved one side forward all of about 1/4" and my back spasmed. It was bad last night. Not put me to bed for a week bad like sometimes but it got my attention :lol It's better this morning but I think I'll stick to the hook for today. It's less likely to damage me :hook

Cara ~ ;)Instructions: Do not move any more furniture by yourself! We want you here all in one piece. :yes Enjoy your crochet time. :hook

Cara, how dare you try to move something that heavy! (Although, it sounds like something I would do, too.) :lol :lol :lol We can't have our leader doing things like that. You're our inspiration. I second Mary's instructions. Play with your hook today and let DN and/or BD do the moving of the heavy stuff.

Archived