Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, everyone. What a great way to start the day! I love "South Pacific" and especially HoneyBun. Kim and I are getting a late start today, but we are now moving. We have to get her nails done today and our handyman is here working around the house, mowing lawn, doing some painting, etc. We live on the side of a hill and mowing this lawn is not fun. Have a great day! :hook

Good Morning! What fun it is to read the posts this morning! Shelly - I'm still laughing about your being Class Clown and Mrs. Plumber all in the same post. :lol

Maggie and I have been to the vet and I still need to go to the store. It's too warm to leave her in the car or I would have combined trips. No pictures for me today, unless you want to see lots and lots of squares in ziplocs. :D

Maggie and I have been to the vet and I still need to go to the store. It's too warm to leave her in the car or I would have combined trips. No pictures for me today, unless you want to see lots and lots of squares in ziplocs. :D

I wish more people were as smart as you are about this.... I once saw a young women jogging...uphill...on a very hot and humid summer day, WITH her dog a a leash. Phil wouldn;t stop the car for me to say something....:(

You're a good "mom" to your furbaby.:hug

The ILTY is fantastic for making squares! It is so soft, but keeps it's shape...I wish they had a larger color selection. :yarn I have 3 rows of the blue gingham joined and am making more squares now. :hook

Well the toiley is in and working great... hubby and #1 dd did it they decided they better or I was going to and they didn't want me doing it I'd probably have a heart attack if I tried picking that thing up...

The Good, the bad, and the ugly...

Good - I finished ALL the squares for the School Bus Cuddle:cheer

Bad - Now I have to put them together:eek

Ugly - My local Wal-Mart just reduced their yarn to an 8 ft section :thair

I'm off to bed for now. We have a LONG day here tomorrow. My oldest boy has a baseball game @ 12:00pm, and my youngest has a double header. One game @ 10:00am and another one @ 1:30pm:juggle

"Good morning Starshine... the earth says Hello"

I have finished my ghan with the 16 square blocks it turns out to be 3'x3' approximately.. I do not have any more of the one shade of blue that I used do you think it would be okay if I made more blocks using different shades of solid blue and put them on each end? I want it to fit on the top of a twin bed... the design for what I have now is in my avatar

I have finished my ghan with the 16 square blocks it turns out to be 3'x3' approximately.. I do not have any more of the one shade of blue that I used do you think it would be okay if I made more blocks using different shades of solid blue and put them on each end? I want it to fit on the top of a twin bed... the design for what I have now is in my avatar

I think as long as you balance the different blues on the design...go for it!:cheer

Well the toiley is in and working great... hubby and #1 dd did it they decided they better or I was going to and they didn't want me doing it I'd probably have a heart attack if I tried picking that thing up...

:rofl :rofl :rofl Glad that job is out of the way. Good for Hubby & #1!!!

The Good, the bad, and the ugly...

Good - I finished ALL the squares for the School Bus Cuddle:cheer

Bad - Now I have to put them together:eek

Ugly - My local Wal-Mart just reduced their yarn to an 8 ft section :thair

I'm off to bed for now. We have a LONG day here tomorrow. My oldest boy has a baseball game @ 12:00pm, and my youngest has a double header. One game @ 10:00am and another one @ 1:30pm:juggle

The bad is why I put mine together in blocks. Don't want to have to do all the putting together at one time. I'd rather mix and match. Have fun at the ball games.

Well Im at the tale end of my picture quilt, I only have 100 saltines left to make till the end.:yay this quilt is ending up being 20squares X 29 squares.

Wendy, that is great! It's going to be another big one! Do you ever make anything small?

Your avatar is gorgeous! I don't see why you couldn't put a mixture of solid blue squares on the ends.

Good morning. It's cool and partly sunny here this morning. I'm awake but not really moving yet. Ultra slow gear so far.I'm going to take a shower soon and see if that will get rid of the kinks in my back. Sarge is so happy to have me back downstairs. He's been in my lap & purring up a storm since John got home last night. His trip went very well.

Oooooo! The piano comes this afternoon. Guess what I'm going to be doing later? Polishing and playing it!! :lol :lol :lol

Good morning everyone! I'm really energized today, since I made myself get up early (well, for a Saturday anyway) and jog around our property with my doggy. Took a shower, cleaned the kitchen, and popped out 5 more squares. Last night I also did a little amigurumi (I hope I spelled that right!) octopus. I'm hoping to get at least 8 more squares done today.

I'm using ILTY too for my afghan. I really like it, though I found a knot in my Ivory :/

Good Morning, all. :rose

Hi Bean! Way to go on finishing all the squares. I really find the joining relaxing...but aren't there 250+ in your ghan? :lol Sorry about your Walmart - ours aren't much better. :(

Wendy, can't wait to see your ghan! :hook

Shelly, I agree that shades of blue squares would be fine. :crocheting

Linda, have fun with the piano. That is so exciting! :yes

Amy ~ Sounds like a great Saturday!

Our weather is gorgeous and I have windows open, which we don't get to do often. I'm off to mow (at least the front) and play in the yard. :)

Linda, have fun with the piano.

Bean, enjoy going to the games.

K - 8 solids for me, please. :hook

Here is the progress for my Bus Cuddle

th_100_1252.jpg

Wendy, :clap almost there.

Mary, have fun outside. We had a warm day today, pity about the wind. There were a lot of children playing around outside today. :lol

Cara I got to go play in the dirt this morning... I had to sit on the ground but I cleaned out my hens and chickens and we planted some tulips we bought.. It took me a while to get up afterward and I don't know how I'll be later but it was fun...

Cara I got to go play in the dirt this morning... I had to sit on the ground but I cleaned out my hens and chickens and we planted some tulips we bought.. It took me a while to get up afterward and I don't know how I'll be later but it was fun...

oooh! Tulips are one of my favorites. :manyheart I'm glad you had fun. :D

Good afternoon ladies :flower

Shelly - I'm glad you got to play in the dirt :clap And the other shade of blue should be fine. As long as it's balanced and the same way all around it looks like it's on purpose not that you ran out of that color. It's like they used to tell us in community theatre "if the audience didn't notice it, it wasn't a mistake" :lol

Linda - Oooh how exciting about the piano :yay

Wendy - Another masterpiece in the home stretch. Can't wait to see it :clap

Tracy - Great start on the bus :clap

Okay, after three crummy days and even getting an email from my aunt this morning saying they found cancer in my other two aunts both this week (thankfully it was skin cancer and the docs say they got it all) it's still gonna be a good day if I have to kill someone to get it :lol I've had enough of bad days. I started another quilt last night. A masculine design. Dunno if I'm gonna like it yet so it'll be a couple days before I show any progress :hook

Sounds like busy and fun weekends are happening all over.

The piano is all set up in the livingroom and I've been playing it. John is very pleased with it. It looks great. We'll be getting it tuned in about 10 days. It has to acclimate to our house first. John didn't tell his folks about it, so it will be a complete surprise for them when they get here tonight. :D

Archived