Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Yummm~Now you have me thinking about a DQ cone! :)

Linda, it must have been fun to try out pianos. I'm embarrassed to admit that after years of piano lessons, I haven't touched a piano since college. :blush

Wendy, have a great day with your parents!

I love planting and watching things grow, but I am really looking forward to more crochet time this week. :hook Have a good evening/day everyone.:manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara sounds like you had a great day.

Linda one day you will find the right piano and I guess in the meantime its fun to go to the shops and play them.

I had a great day with Mum and Dad here. Its peaceful here now as my youngest daughter is having a sleepover and my other daughter has gone home with Mum to stay and I will pick her up on Tuesday.

Just doing the border now on the rainbow ghan, its nearly finished.

Here is my rainbow set ghan all finished. The colors came out great but the finish didnt. Its not laying flat and there was nothing in the pattern that I could do to change it. I did use a size 3.5mm hook so maybe if I had gone to a 4 or 5 it might have been better. Anyway when you use it in a cot its not going to matter I guess.

th_P1030394.jpg

I had a great day with Mum and Dad here. Its peaceful here now as my youngest daughter is having a sleepover and my other daughter has gone home with Mum to stay and I will pick her up on Tuesday.

Just doing the border now on the rainbow ghan, its nearly finished.

Quiet days are such a treat.

Here is my rainbow set ghan all finished. The colors came out great but the finish didnt. Its not laying flat and there was nothing in the pattern that I could do to change it. I did use a size 3.5mm hook so maybe if I had gone to a 4 or 5 it might have been better. Anyway when you use it in a cot its not going to matter I guess.

th_P1030394.jpg

Wendy, it is absolutely stunning!!!! I've noticed that with some of mine that don't lay flat at first that after they've been in use a while and washed a couple of time they suddenly lay flat. Must be something about stretching a bit here and there that does the trick. I sure wouldn't waste any time worrying about it. It's gorgeous!! :yay:cheer:yay:clap:yay

th_P1030394.jpg

It's gorgeous Wendy :clap I agree with Linda. After a while they somehow miraculously lay flat. Great job :cheer

Hi Ladies - I hope you all have had a great weekend!

Wendy, your Rainbow ghan is wonderful. :c9

This week is definitely looking much better for crochet time than last week. :hook I miss DH when he's gone, but really like the quiet evenings with no cooking, too. ;) Is Krystal still keeping track of squares? I need to post an update...I keep them on a sticky note in the kitchen.

hello all.. I had a beautiful week + at my Mom's... weds. I went to her quilt guild meeting with her ... I had my Around the World quilt ghan with me because I wanted to drop it off for my great neice... Mom had me show the women my quilt ghan and now they want me to make one and exhibit it in their quilt show when they have one in the fall... I have to print off some pictures of the ones on here so Mom can take them and show the women... I also got a LOT of new patterns for quilt blocks... I have about 20 different star patterns... some Amish patterns... and loads of others...

Aloha everyone,

It's been a while..but I'm checking in. My last post was a few weeks back... I was evacuating my home due to the volcanic fog (aka vog). Well, volcano is still erupting, vog is not so bad.

I took my crochet stuff and crocheted like a mad woman. I've gone from 4 rows of my green gingham afghan to 11 rows completed!!!

I'm so excited.

My daughters want me to make each of them their own in the color of their birthstone. I think it would be a great Christmas gift. One in blue (Sapphire), purple (Amethyst) and in yellow (Citrine). This is something I just might do.

On another note.. Hubby forgot about my b-day.. I've been droping major hints, but.. well.. men..;) I told him I just wanted a gift card to buy some yarn. :yarn Not asking for much. But he does remember to tell me the date of their deployment to Kuwait. It's sooner than I thought. So, I'm double bummed-out. :( What a b-day. :(

I need to crochet. That always makes me feel better. :crocheting

Here's wishing everyone a great week.

Welcome back, Shelly :hug Sounds like you had a lovely time at mom's. What a thrill for you about the quilt guild :clap

And welcome back, Kim :hug I'm glad y'all are safe from the vog. That's a long time for a volcano to erupt isn't it? Or does it usually go that long? I know nothing about them but they seem awful scary. Maybe DH is planning a surprise or something for this evening. I never count them out til bedtime :lol But from me to you.....

:bday

:hug :hug :hug

Wendy- I think your ghan is VERY pretty!

Kim- I'm glad you survived. One of my best friends is in Okinawa with her husband. They live with the "wondering" when and if his 3rd tour will be coming. I can't imagine. I have so much respect for them.

So, thank you to you and your family.

hello all.. I had a beautiful week + at my Mom's... weds. I went to her quilt guild meeting with her ... I had my Around the World quilt ghan with me because I wanted to drop it off for my great neice... Mom had me show the women my quilt ghan and now they want me to make one and exhibit it in their quilt show when they have one in the fall... I have to print off some pictures of the ones on here so Mom can take them and show the women... I also got a LOT of new patterns for quilt blocks... I have about 20 different star patterns... some Amish patterns... and loads of others...

Shelly, how wonderful!!! I think that that is just great!

Aloha everyone,

It's been a while..but I'm checking in. My last post was a few weeks back... I was evacuating my home due to the volcanic fog (aka vog). Well, volcano is still erupting, vog is not so bad.

I took my crochet stuff and crocheted like a mad woman. I've gone from 4 rows of my green gingham afghan to 11 rows completed!!!

I'm so excited.

My daughters want me to make each of them their own in the color of their birthstone. I think it would be a great Christmas gift. One in blue (Sapphire), purple (Amethyst) and in yellow (Citrine). This is something I just might do.

On another note.. Hubby forgot about my b-day.. I've been droping major hints, but.. well.. men..;) I told him I just wanted a gift card to buy some yarn. :yarn Not asking for much. But he does remember to tell me the date of their deployment to Kuwait. It's sooner than I thought. So, I'm double bummed-out. :( What a b-day. :(

I need to crochet. That always makes me feel better. :crocheting

Here's wishing everyone a great week.

Kimberly, Aloha! I'm glad that the vog isn't bad. Sounds like you've been crocheting up a storm. Good for you. :crocheting

It's a bummer when hubby's forget b-days and anniversaries. And that he's going to Kuwait sooner than expected. Thank you so much for defending what needs to be defended. Your sacrifices are appreciated more than you know. You're both in my prayers. :hug

:birthday:cake:birthday:cake:birthday

On another note. I haven't crocheted at all this weekend. I went looking at a piano again this afternoon. Guess what??? We're getting it. May have it delivered next Saturday. Or soon thereafter. I took some pictures. I am soooooo excited about having a piano again!!!!! I've been on an adrenalin high all afternoon/evening.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/busy-bee-lmt/DCP_1388.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/busy-bee-lmt/DCP_1389.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/busy-bee-lmt/DCP_1391.jpg

They are all in a row, so I think you can just move from one to the next. I'm not sure so I listed them all.

On another note. I haven't crocheted at all this weekend. I went looking at a piano again this afternoon. Guess what??? We're getting it. May have it delivered next Saturday. Or soon thereafter. I took some pictures. I am soooooo excited about having a piano again!!!!! I've been on an adrenalin high all afternoon/evening.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/busy-bee-lmt/DCP_1388.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/busy-bee-lmt/DCP_1389.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/busy-bee-lmt/DCP_1391.jpg

They are all in a row, so I think you can just move from one to the next. I'm not sure so I listed them all.

Oh wow Linda that's great :clap And a baby grand to boot. Very nice :tup

Thanks, Cara. I'd have been happy with a nice sounding console, but John had his heart set on a baby grand. Since I used to have a baby grand, that is a bonus. It's got good tone and has a very responsive touch. Once it's tuned and polished up it's going to be stunning. It's been sitting in lonely grandeur in what used to be the kids' play room, untouched and unplayed for two years. Mom and Dad don't play and thought the kids would just pick it up if it was sitting there. Didn't happen. It will get played now. I guarantee it!

Linda, what a gorgeous piano! Personally, I love the wood rather than the black my friend has. Very warm looking. Enjoy!:)

Kim...happy birthday, and keep on hooking through the vog! I love your idea of the birthstone-themed ghans for your daughters!

And Thank you for the many sacrifices you and your DH have to endure as a military family.:hug:manyheart

Shelly, it sounds like you had a blast! New quiltghan ideas on the horizon? Or do you make quilts, too - I don't remember:think

K... add 103 solids and 8 bi-colors for me Please...

I almost have my 4x squares done... I didn't get a picture of my finished ATW forgot my camera when we went to my nieces to drop it off...

I almost have my 4x squares done... I didn't get a picture of my finished ATW forgot my camera when we went to my nieces to drop it off...

:eek...would she be able to take a pic of it for you??

I'll have to give her a call... I know my sister who lives across the road from her has a digital camera so I may see if Lori will go over and get a pic... I have so many quilt blocks going around in my head.. I have a gazillion blocks that I took out of my Mom's quilt books...

Anyone wanting to start a fabric store or library should check out my Mom's sewing room... she has 2 different sewing machines set up in there ( each one is set to do something different) on 2 different desks PLUS she has her main sewing machine set up in the supposed to be dining area of her living room.. she lives alone so her quilting has run of the house practically... there are only 2 places in her whole house where there is no fabric ---her kitchen and her bedroom... I did score some nice cotton material to make some caftans for the summer.. the material had really large funky prints (not good for quilts).. the one I have on now has pink / purple / and teal flowers the size of saucers on it... I don't care what it looks like as long as it's comfortable ... it's only to wear around home...

K... add 103 solids and 8 bi-colors for me Please...

Oh, rats! No picture. I've done that, too. Although I am doing much better at documenting my work now that I've joined Crochetville. I never used to take pictures of anything I'd done. :( Now I have no record of them.

Yes, I'm still keeping track of squares, but I haven't posted a tally in a while... I'll get there!

It would be nice to see a new total when you get time, Krystal. I know that the "Row a Day" CAL must be keeping you really busy. You're doing a great job with that CAL, by the way. :yay I've been lurking there, but I'm not sure what if anything I'm making others for Christmas this year. So far this is a crochet for me year.

I'll have to give her a call... I know my sister who lives across the road from her has a digital camera so I may see if Lori will go over and get a pic... I have so many quilt blocks going around in my head.. I have a gazillion blocks that I took out of my Mom's quilt books...

Anyone wanting to start a fabric store or library should check out my Mom's sewing room... she has 2 different sewing machines set up in there ( each one is set to do something different) on 2 different desks PLUS she has her main sewing machine set up in the supposed to be dining area of her living room.. she lives alone so her quilting has run of the house practically... there are only 2 places in her whole house where there is no fabric ---her kitchen and her bedroom... I did score some nice cotton material to make some caftans for the summer.. the material had really large funky prints (not good for quilts).. the one I have on now has pink / purple / and teal flowers the size of saucers on it... I don't care what it looks like as long as it's comfortable ... it's only to wear around home...

I never got the hang of regular quilting, although I love quilts. The material you snagged sounds like a lot of fun. If I lived alone, I'm sure my yarn would be everywhere. It's sort of taken over down here in my part of the house as it is. Which is fine with me. :lol :lol :lol

Archived