Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy doody everyboody.

Its my day off and Im taking the girls to see Nims Island and then its probably KFC or Maccas for lunch.

Linda that happened to me. Someone spent $800 on moblie phone recharges and used my credit card number, still dont know how they got the number. The bank credited me the money and the matter went to the police, not sure if they found the people that did it. Its annoying and frustrating when it happens.

I've been lurking, too - but I will eventually get back to the ATW just because I love the colors I picked for it...AND I'm joining them when I have enough made for another round...:hook

Linda - Oh no! Why oh why can't people just behave? :irk Hope it gets straightened out without bankrupting you :hug

Wendy - Definitely KFC for lunch. I love KFC :yes

Had a fabulous day out today! Just seems like today was my day for bargains. I got a neat small lamp on clearance to replace the one in our super huge hallway/library (we figure it's bigger than some of the rooms we've had before so why not turn it into a room :lol) A curtain rod at a great price, a cute little footstool, some planters and the most adorable little love seat to go in my living room!

I was wanting one of those chair and a half things they make now. This was an older loveseat at the consignment furniture place so it's a decent size not those monster ones they make now. It had a little rip in a very inconspicuous (sp) spot and it needs to be cleaned so she knocked 10 bucks off the already low $85 price tag. So instead of $700 for a chair and a half I spent $75 for the loveseat. BD was happy :lol

My BIL even delivered the loveseat which made BD deliriously happy :rofl They also had the greatest dinette set for only $499 but I figured I'd better not push my luck. Also, over at Penney's today I ordered dishes that I'm almost positive will be a good mix and match for my fancy dishes and glasses to match my glasses (they had those in store). And the best thing about the dishes is it was service for 8 (which I needed) and they were on clearance for $99! :yay

Then of course the grocery store and I'm dead tired now :lol Think since we're having what I made for lunch for tonight's dinner I'm gonna crochet a while :hook

Hi Daphne ~ I hope you feel better soon. :manyheart Come see us when you can!

Shelli, I know from packing and moving many times how much work it is...take care and good luck with everything. :hug

Oh Linda, you have lots of sympathy from me. We've had identify theft twice and I just got through taking care of the paperwork for MIL. Someone was using her SS# and charged $1500 in cell phone bills. :( One of ours involved Ebay and Paypal (which I had never used) and our county DA got involved in that one. It doesn't seem to matter how careful we are...thieves will always find a way.

Cara, sounds like you got some wonderful bargains. Sorry about the lamp.

Don't feel too bad. It was a really ugly lamp :lol I saw one at Goodwill today that I liked but didn't buy because "I already have a lamp" :oops

It's Photo Friday so I thought you'd maybe like to see an updated picture of the Painted Desert. I am assembling it in 4 block strips and then sewing the strips together. I am ready to start sewing the next block together and have part of the squares for the one after that crocheted.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/busy-bee-lmt/DCP_1384.jpg

Good morning ladies :flower

Well, Daddy took the credit card back :cry No more shopping for Cara :sigh Oh well I guess there's always crochet :hook

Awwww...:(

But if you're like me, the stash supply is always calling for you to come up with something pretty.....:crocheting:hookHappy hooking!:hug

It's Photo Friday so I thought you'd maybe like to see an updated picture of the Painted Desert. I am assembling it in 4 block strips and then sewing the strips together. I am ready to start sewing the next block together and have part of the squares for the one after that crocheted.

That is totally awesome!:clap

Linda, your Painted Desert is beautiful! The 4-color squares add a whole new dimension. :artist

Cara, you sound so happy about no credit card. :lol

No pictures from me today unless you want to see trash bags full of branches and leaves. Yep - another round of storms last night with small hail and high winds...only one cracked window. We were lucky compared to a lot of the Metroplex, though. Are you all sick of hearing me whine about my yard yet? :blush Back to the clean up and will check in later.

Great job Linda!

I actually got another lil 9 patch joined and then joined three of the squares. So two more and I'll have two of 5 done. I think it's going to be cute.

Mary - It got nasty here last night too. One thunder clap made me just about jump out of my skin. BD just laughed at me :irk And nope, not sick of hearing about the yard :D

Linda - For you, by you is always the best kind :yes

It's beautiful !! If I give you my address, will you send it to me? :lol:lol

It's beautiful !! If I give you my address, will you send it to me? :lol:lol

Nope, this one truly is for me, Debbie. Thanks for the compliment.

Thank you, Mary, Daphne, Cara, and Judy. I'm really enjoying this one. Could it be because it's by me and for me? :lol:D:lol

That would be my guess:hook

Archived