Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Thank you everyone, i'll pass the nice comments along. :manyheart

Judy~He did pick the colors out too, he really did a great job. I'm also teaching him how to make the saltines himself. :cheer Oh and Doa wants to hang it up instead of using it. Tre also gave him a card & it was so touching. :manyheart You have to know my son, he is the mouthiest & most misbehaved one out of all my kids yet he does the nicest things. He's weird, he's either an angel or satan. He has no middle ground. :no:rolleyes:thair

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tabby, the Dad ghan is wonderful! Tre had a great design idea. :hook

Wendy, we are only about 100 miles north of Cara...but we tend to get quite a bit colder here.

'Hope everyone has had a nice weekend. I've been making squares and watching the golf tournament. :)

Wendy - Yep, like Mary said we're pretty close together but this screwy Texas weather give us different weather even that close. I'm probably more hot natured than Mary, too. If it gets above about 55 degrees I start getting hot :P

Tabby - That's a great idea to hang the ghan. Oddly enough, many times it's the kid that is the smart mouth that is the most sensitive. He just covers up his feelings with the wisecracks :D

Okay finished up the Amish panel lapghan last night. I still hate the colors though :lol

amish1.jpg

Cara, it's beautiful. :yay:clap:yay You're braver than me to tackle that many black squares. I'd be even nuttier than I am, if I did one like that.

I'll post this here too...

I finished the "dad" ghan which only ended up being about the size of a baby blanket. :lol I used a round of sc & hdc so I can add to it & make it bigger if he wants. :yes I also included a pic. of my oldest twin son Tre fishing yesterday with his Dad. He is the one who designed the "dad" ghan. :yarn

(clickable)

th_000_0359.jpg

th_000_0366.jpg

Cudoes to Tre for a great design and color combo. :yay:clap:yay You did a super job on it Tabby. :yay:clap:yay

Thank you everyone, i'll pass the nice comments along. :manyheart

Judy~He did pick the colors out too, he really did a great job. I'm also teaching him how to make the saltines himself. :cheer Oh and Doa wants to hang it up instead of using it. Tre also gave him a card & it was so touching. :manyheart You have to know my son, he is the mouthiest & most misbehaved one out of all my kids yet he does the nicest things. He's weird, he's either an angel or satan. He has no middle ground. :no:rolleyes:thair

Sounds like my son, Tab! I swear there's an angel on one shoulder and the "bad one" on the other! And hanging the ghan...that would be sweet!:yes

Sounds like my son, Tab! I swear there's an angel on one shoulder and the "bad one" on the other! And hanging the ghan...that would be sweet!:yes

:lol Atleast someone feels my pain. Your son is full grown now, please tell me it gets better. :yes

It's me again, lol. Just cheching in. I love all the pic's ya'll have posted!! I find my inspiration here. An update on my School Bus Cuddle progress

Sky Blue - 53 - Done

Black - 26

Brick Red - 38 - 18 Done

Green - 31

Grey - 29 - Done

Yellow - 39

Brown - 10 - Done

Blue/Grey - 6 - Done

White - 12 - Done

Bi-color - 22 - Done

And I just realized how close I am to having to join all these darn things:eek!!!

Tabby thats a great idea to hang the ghan.

Bean its great to see ya, I see your close to getting all those squares done. Well done and have fun sewing them altogether. Thats the fun part because then you start to see the picture form.

It's me again, lol. Just cheching in. I love all the pic's ya'll have posted!! I find my inspiration here. An update on my School Bus Cuddle progress

Sky Blue - 53 - Done

Black - 26

Brick Red - 38 - 18 Done

Green - 31

Grey - 29 - Done

Yellow - 39

Brown - 10 - Done

Blue/Grey - 6 - Done

White - 12 - Done

Bi-color - 22 - Done

And I just realized how close I am to having to join all these darn things:eek!!!

Way to go, Bean!!! You've been really cranking out the squares. Seeing the picture form is a lot of fun. Good for you.

:lol Atleast someone feels my pain. Your son is full grown now, please tell me it gets better. :yes

Well....let's just say there is now *some* light at the end of the tunnel. DS is 33:lol

The redeeming thing, though, is the fact that they are not deliberately malicious...:devil

Sky Blue - 53 - Done

Black - 26

Brick Red - 38 - 18 Done

Green - 31

Grey - 29 - Done

Yellow - 39

Brown - 10 - Done

Blue/Grey - 6 - Done

White - 12 - Done

Bi-color - 22 - Done

Next time work it in sections and join as you go along...less intimidating.

Good Morning everyone! No frost this morning. :D I just went out and uncovered things and everything looks fine. Errands today, then home to do laundry and crochet. :hook

Hi Bean ~ Great progress on the squares. :crocheting

Good morning, everyone. The weatherman said it was going to get down to 35 last night. I'm not sure if it got that low ar not. It's about 42 now. It's overcast and cloudy so I don't think it's going to warm up all that much today. It was in the low 50's yesterdaqy and I think it's supposed to stay in that range for the next couple of days.:wbrr

I have one seam to go and the 5th block will be assembled. I have all the solid and bi-color squares done for the next two blocks, but still have to crochet all the 4-color squares, so that looks like what's on the agenda for today.:hook

Good morning ladies :flower

Bean - Great job finishing that many squares :clap

Mary - Brr...now it's cold down here this morning. Just maybe because it's before 10:30 which is the earliest I got up all weekend :blush

Today I am working on the Godess ghan in red that I'm gonna keep all for my little self :D After I clean the house, do some plants (silk, I'm not brave like Mary :lol) and do a little sewing :P I may actually put the sewing off until tomorrow. Monday's I'm usually pretty stiff and have little energy so the other is probably enough :D

Hi Linda and Cara. :)

The afghan in red sounds beautiful, Cara...can't wait to see it. :hook

Linda, how many blocks is your painted desert? You've sure done a lot so far. :crocheting

Have a good morning - I'm off to get these errands out of the way.

Thanks Judy. Yeah, Tre isn't a smart ummm...ya know what on purpose either. He just doesn't think before he speaks. I keep telling him that's why he doesn't have a girlfriend, he's just way to cocky (can I say that?) Well, I guess I just did. :lol Although i'm glad he doesn't have a GF yet because he's only 12. His twin has 2 GF's. Geeze Louise, i'm in for it. :lol

Linda, how many blocks is your painted desert? You've sure done a lot so far. :crocheting

Hi there, Mary. The plan is for it to be 4 blocks wide and 5 blocks long. When I get that far, I'll decide if it's big enough or needs to be bigger.

Archived