Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, I forgot, I was going to ask if anyone has used a varigated yarn for a saltine project? I have a bunch and was just wondering if anyone has.

Brenda, I used a variegated blue for part of the squares in my Lady of the Lotus quiltghan. Because my variegated was quite dark it was a little harder to work with, but I liked the effect it gave. http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/busy-bee-lmt/DCP_1361.jpg

Time to make some squares. DH is on one of three American flights that wasn't cancelled from San Francisco to DFW, so at least he won't have to be gone another day or two. :D

See you all tomorrow. :crocheting

Judy thanks.

Brenda howdy doody.

Wow JulieB's ghan is just gorgeous.

Just got back from shopping. I got my yarn for the butterfly ghan and I bought a nice aran color for my Card Trick Saltine pillow... Cant wait to start it.

Ok off to make saltines.

Evening ladies :flower

Mary - Oh, oh, oh! I've been dying to see that Ohio Vari. It's off to a beautiful start :hook

Thanks for the well wishes for my hip. I think all those good vibes did the trick. Doesn't hardly hurt at all now. The ice helped and I rested for 2 hours will sister and the Boy went to an appointment then did a little more shopping. :shop I got more stuff today, I swear those credit cards were smokin'! :lol Okay it wasn't that bad today actually. Got some gorgeous fabric to make new pillows and tiebacks for my new drapes I'm gonna make, yarn of course (:D), the cutest little buttons to use on a project idea I have and oh gosh I don't know what all :lol

But I'm exhausted now. Gonna go see about finishing sewing this Amish lapghan together :hook

Two projects finished this past week! Thank you Cara and Leslie for sharing your patterns. Thank you Tabby for the border instructions. :manyheart

(Clickable)

th_BabyGingham009.jpg

th_BabyGingham012.jpg

th_FlowerQuilt013.jpg

Mary, these are beautiful! I would love to re-create the pink gingham one.. Is that allowed?:blush Can you tell me how? I have never done a quiltghan and think this would be a great first one!

thanks!:D

This thread is ALWAYS the place to come for eye candy!!!! All of your ghans are GORGEOUS!

I am 32 rows into my Jasie. It's not needed until July, so I'm taking my time and have stopped while I finish crocheting my daughter's Strawberry Shortcake doll for her birthday. (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Mary, these are beautiful! I would love to re-create the pink gingham one.. Is that allowed?:blush Can you tell me how? I have never done a quiltghan and think this would be a great first one!

thanks!:D

Thank you so much! The gingham and lots of other patterns are on Cara's website http://www.happyyellowhouse.com The patterns are free and she loves to see what people do with colors, etc. Hope you join us!

Good morning, everyone. It's partly sunny/partly cloudy today and quite windy out. The dogwoods are blooming, as are the azaleas. The pine pollen is turning the cars yellow. I have bulbs up, but not blooming yet. John is going to a wedding tonight, so it is just Kim & I and the pets for today.

Hi, Sweet Irish! Welcome to the group! :welcome The gingham is a great quiltghan to start on. All of Cara's patterns are great. But some are more complicated than others.

Good Morning, all!

Sandi ~ That's great progress on your Jasie's ghan. :c9

Cara, it seems you had a wonderful shopping day. :yes I'm glad your hip is okay.

Hi Wendy - can't wait to see the butterfly ghans. That is such a cute pattern! :crocheting

Cara,

I am doing your uptown bag, in yellow and orange, for SIL, her bday was yesterday and will be coming up here sunday to pick it up. I will send you a pic of it when finished.

Now if I could only figure out what colors to do that desert star, hmmmm sending it to mom and dad for christmas, she said her bedroom what a cottage white color? *HINT HINT* :D:hook :think

I am going to take that advice Krystal, actually I had the country blue in my hand yesterday. but they didnt have enough, I swear, the only place to buy yarn around here is at WAL-Mart, and then its not a very good selection. I am going into town hoping tomorrow, (50 miles away) and get all I need for everything so I dont have to go back again.

Cathy

wish me luck I have a project in mind that I'm starting today that absolutely needs to be finished by June 1st... my nephew is graduating from SU school of Forestry with his Batchelor degree.. he is an avid fisherman.. I found a cross-stitch for a rainbow trout ... however he doesn't need a picture so I'm going to change into squares and make him a throw.... however I'm doing the fish in 1 round squares (it is 30 squares by 30 squares) I don't want to make a 5 foot square.. I want to place it in a surround of water done in regular saltines... think it will work?

Good um afternoon ladies :flower

Crashcat - Oooh I'd love to see the bag in yellow and orange. That's one of my favorite color combos :yes And I must say I agree with Krystal on the yarn colors for the blanket :yes

Sweet Irish - Omigosh yes it's not only allowed it's encouraged :D I just love seeing what everyone comes up with :manyheart

Busy, busy day for me :whew Went to the PO, had my bloodwork done, hit the Dollar Tree of course and stopped at JoAnns for thread...sewing thread not crochet thread. Man has thread gotten expensive! Anyway, working on laundry and catching up on the boards and my email. Catch y'all later :ghug

Cara,

I am putting the finishing touches on it as we speak. It actually stands up!!!!! I am so proud of myself, I cant stand it!!!!!! hehehe

Cathy

Good for you, Cathy!

It started raining about 8 o'clock tonight. Kim went to the wedding with John. I hope the ceremony was over before the rain hit. It was an outdoor wedding. It has really been coming down and there has been quite a bit of lightening with it.

Good for you, Cathy!

It started raining about 8 o'clock tonight. Kim went to the wedding with John. I hope the ceremony was over before the rain hit. It was an outdoor wedding. It has really been coming down and there has been quite a bit of lightening with it.

Well that'll make a memorable wedding for sure :lol

Well that'll make a memorable wedding for sure :lol

They moved the wedding inside, and it didn't start raining until after everyone was seated for the supper following the wedding. They had a great time and the service was lovely from what I hear.

They moved the wedding inside, and it didn't start raining until after everyone was seated for the supper following the wedding. They had a great time and the service was lovely from what I hear.

That's good to hear. I glad they had a good time and nothing got spoiled :D

Archived