Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, my friends. Found batteries for my camera, so I should have some pictures tomorrow, although the internet connection to my computer downstairs is on the blink so might be a bit. I've got the first block of the new pattern done and have most of the squares for the second block crocheted. Rosie's daughter saw the scarves I knit and wants me to teach her how to knit. Wonder if I can teach her to crochet, too? I'm having a quiet catch up andget settled back into being at home weekend. Sarge has been in my lap purring up a storm whenever I sit down. He wouldn't come out for John while we were gone. Now he's being an attention hog. :lol :lol :lol

Feel better soon, Cara. :hug

........Sarge has been in my lap purring up a storm whenever I sit down. He wouldn't come out for John while we were gone. Now he's being an attention hog. :lol :lol :lol

Feel better soon, Cara. :hug

Nothing better for the soul than a purring cat :manyheart

And thanks for the well wishes. I'm feeling great this weekend. One of the docs put me on a new med and it works great! I'm a little dizzy but I can live with that. It should fade in a few days :D

WhooHoo! My internet connection downstairs is back to working. I've moved my desk around and finally found the right location!

I'm so glad your meds are working, Cara. That's great news!!

My new meds are leaving me a bit spacy and out of it. I know it will pass as my system gets used to them, but it's a little weird right now.

The weather slipped us a mickey. The temps are 30 degrees cooler than yesterday. Ouch! I was enjoying the 70s. It's really pretty here though, with all the trees and bushes blooming. My mom and brother had snow for Easter, so I guess I should count my blessings.

Tabby ~ It's gorgeous! There's nothing prettier than red, white, and blue. :cheer Are you going to share this pattern? :devil

Linda, I'm glad you found the batteries and that your internet is working better. Can't wait for your pictures, too!

Tabby, that square looks great!

Krystal - 24 more solids.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We went to a CashBash in our home town. It's basically a fund raiser for the volunteer fire department. We were in the top 10 to win $5000 but ended up being the first one out of that 10 to go out. Oh well, we had fun anyway.

Thanks everyone. :manyheart

Mary~I posted the pic. of the quilt & how I broke it down. I have no idea what page though. If you can't find it then I can repost again. I may play with paint shop & make it how it'll look. Hmmm......:think

Have a good one everyone. :manyheart

Hi Judy, not much, almost finished SP gift, need to sew the lining, but very tired from getting up early to come home, only to find that my cousin didn't need me to look after his son and they didn't tell me. When I asked, they said they thought I was gone, after I told them last week I would be back today. Communication breakdown according to them. :angry

She is fine thank you, almost finished her 2nd dress. :) She is knitting a scarf for the dolls now and is talking about crocheting herself a jacket (but I must put it together). She has a ravelry account as well and has entered the first dress as a project, but she still has to take the photo for it and wants to learn how to write out the patterns so she can put it there as well. :hook

Hi Judy, not much, almost finished SP gift, need to sew the lining, but very tired from getting up early to come home, only to find that my cousin didn't need me to look after his son and they didn't tell me. When I asked, they said they thought I was gone, after I told them last week I would be back today. Communication breakdown according to them. :angry

She is fine thank you, almost finished her 2nd dress. :) She is knitting a scarf for the dolls now and is talking about crocheting herself a jacket (but I must put it together). She has a ravelry account as well and has entered the first dress as a project, but she still has to take the photo for it and wants to learn how to write out the patterns so she can put it there as well. :hook

Wow....!:yay She's way ahead of me!

Rest up...hook in hand:hook

Howdy HH ladies--

Good to see you all this morning .

Welcome to Daphne and anyone else new that has jumped on board since I was here . :)

Daphne- the colors you are working with sound very pretty .

Hey Mary- the flower block is so pretty ! Nice work as always !

Linda- thank you for mentioning blooming plants and flowers- it gives us Buckeyes a little hope the Spring IS on the way . There have been a couple of brave birds out tweeting in the mornings and it looks like my tulips are trying to decide whather it's safe out here yet or not ..

Tab- great quilt block ! I commented over at Sky, but will here too.. so it was your own design ! Good for you -- I'd like to see a photo of the whole thing together if it aint too much bother. I'm too lazy to go through 700 pages of posts to find it . :lol

Cara- I hope you know what an inspiration you have been to so many people and how many people are now enjoying your patterns ( making them and giving them ) . You are leaving a lasting legacy .

Wendy- I got a chuckle out of you "trying to sort out " your mum -- that is a cute expression. Is she doing another round ripple or straight ?

Does she seem to be getting tired of making ripples and looking for a new pattern ?

Also, I think it's a great idea for you to make baby items for your future grandbabies and pack them away . I made things for all of mine .I know Cam has several of his packed away for when he grpws up so he can see what he wore when he was a babe .

You all have a good day. I have to go get MYSELF sorted out and figure out what I am doing . :lol

Good morning, everyone. Hi there, Julie. Long time no hear from you. How is life treating you?:hug

So far it's another grey and gloomy day here. The battery is in the camera and I'll take some pictures before long. Found a cone of yarn I bought at some point in the past that is perfect to go with one of the fancy yarns that Kim's aunt got me at Easter, so I'm ready to rock and roll with that project, too. I don't know if I can handle actually making a bunch of things for me. I'm so used to doing everything for others. But I'm going to try. I have yarn for an afghan and two ponchos thanks to Kim's aunt. And found a pattern that will work great for another poncho to make with yarn I bought a month or so ago.:yay

Have to go back and see the doctor this afternoon and report on how the new meds are working.:(

Have a great day everyone.:)

Tabby, that square looks great!

Krystal - 24 more solids.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We went to a CashBash in our home town. It's basically a fund raiser for the volunteer fire department. We were in the top 10 to win $5000 but ended up being the first one out of that 10 to go out. Oh well, we had fun anyway.

Hi Brenda! Great progress on your Windwalker squares. :hook That would be so much fun to win something, especially money. :yes

Happy Monday, everyone. :)

Hi Julie ~ It's so good to see you here. We've missed you lots. :manyheart

Tracy, I would be irritated, too. Communication breakdown sounds more like they forgot or weren't listening. ;) I'm glad you and DD got to spend some time with Denise.

Tabby, I love that pattern...it's going to be a show stopper. :yes

Linda~Good luck at the doctor's. :hug

Archived