Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary- is your hubby out of town a lot? Mine works out of town Monday & Tuesday. Then Wednesday he eats at his Moms then he is gone Thursday. Then most Sundays we eat at his Moms. So it's a lot of PB&J's here. :D

I'm so impressed with the work being done here. I just think everything is really lovely. :) No one lives in Alabama where I can sit in and watch a bit and pick up some tips??? :)

Good morning, everyone. Hope you all have a great day. My neighbor, Rosie, and I are going to a sewing and quilt expo today. Catch you all later.

I just looked outside. It's SNOWING!!!! :eek Not fair. Yuck!! Mary & Cara, you did NOT have to send us SNOW!!!!!!:eek :eek :eek :eek

I made up 7 saltines last night!! shhh I"m suppose to finish my other one first...

Hi Tabby! Thank you so much. I hope you're all better. :yes

The pattern is one of Leslie's on Cara's site...called Flower Quilt. I'm doing 1 block instead of 4. Colors are TLC Light Lake and Medium Lake and ILTY Yellow. The border is TLC Medium Thyme. :yarn

DOH! I have that one saved too so you think i'de know that. :lol I've never seen those blues but they sure are pretty. One more ?, what is ILTY? I know it's a brand but what one? Sorry, just call me nosey. :lol

Thank you. :D

Good Morning Ladies. :manyheart

I did finish up my squares for the first block & just have to sew them on now. WOOT! :yay

Linda~Have fun at the quilt expo. :cheer And keep your snow down there, please. :D

Smith~Great job & we won't tell. :devil:lol

Cara~I think that ghan would definitely win first place. :yes:manyheart

Have a great day everyone! :ghug

Good Morning, all. It's 18 degrees and sunny. That's cold for us!

Tabby, the ILTY is I Love This Yarn and is Hobby Lobby's brand. It's so soft and wonderful to work with. They don't have all the colors and seem to have trouble keeping it in stock! WTG on getting so much done on your quilt. :cheer

Linda, have a great day out with Rosie. I hope the snow doesn't spoil your plans.

Hi Daphne~Yes, DH is gone about 2/3 of the time. His office is at home, so at least I see him more when he's in town. :)

Howdy all :hi

Linda - Well you didn't we think we wanted to keep that mess did you? :lol :lol How much did y'all get? A quilt expo? What a wonderful way to spend a day :manyheart

Tabby - Grats on finishing the squares for the first block :h5 Can't wait to see that pattern worked up :yes

Thanks for the encouragment ladies :manyheart I'd love to win first prize. I always barely miss in contests. I always end up 2nd or 3rd :lol :lol

Oooh I slept too long. Stayed up too late too. Didn't go to sleep until about 5. Stayed up watching TV with BD. I need caffeine :D

I love snow, but hate the cold. :D

The housemate from the hot place is still here. :( He was given two weeks notice two weeks ago and he is still here. All his stuff is in plastic bags, but doesn't look like he is planning on going today. :angry He has really annoyed me today with his music being so loud (from upstairs) that I couldn't listen to music on my laptop that was right in front of me! Then he burnt whatever he was cooking at lunch and set off the smoke alarm and didn't even try to turn it off!

I love snow, but hate the cold. :D

The housemate from the hot place is still here. :( He was given two weeks notice two weeks ago and he is still here. All his stuff is in plastic bags, but doesn't look like he is planning on going today. :angry He has really annoyed me today with his music being so loud (from upstairs) that I couldn't listen to music on my laptop that was right in front of me! Then he burnt whatever he was cooking at lunch and set off the smoke alarm and didn't even try to turn it off!

What. A. Jerk. :irk

I'm home! We had fun! Lots to see and a nice wide variety of things to look at and drool over. I ended up getting a glass nail file which is really cool. Also got some gold variegated pearl cotton for tatting and another tatting book with celtic knot patterns. Showed off pictures of several of my quilt ghans to a number of people and received lots of ooooo's and ahhhh's on them. Learned a bunch about quilting, too. A fun day. I could use a nap now. We got lost and went 15 miles out of our way on the way there, but had no trouble getting home. MapQuest's directions sometimes leave a lot to be desired.

Morning everyone

Its sunday here, nearly onto the border of the beckys block.:yay

Linda wow I didnt think it snowed in Georgia. Isnt it spring there now. Im glad the

snow didnt deter you from having fun at the expo.

Tabby well done on finishing the first block.:clap

Tracy that guy is an idiot isnt it. Hope he leaves soon.

Krystal no saltines for me this week. Im going to go into withdrawal soon.

Hi, Wendy. It snows in Georgia. Usually 1-2 inches a couple of times each winter, but NOT usually in March. We've got daffodils in bloom now and shrubs are starting to bloom this week and the trees are budding. This was really late for snow, but it didn't amount to much. Just enough to wet the ground for the most part. But it's really chilly. In the 30's and 40's after a week of being in the 60's and 70's. I think it's supposed to get in the 20's tonight before warming up again.

We have the same thing here, its supposed to be Autumn and we have had a week of the weather being over 34C and this weekend its nothing under 39C(100F). Im so sick of the hot weather, can I come over there and jump in the snow.

I'm home! We had fun! Lots to see and a nice wide variety of things to look at and drool over. I ended up getting a glass nail file which is really cool. Also got some gold variegated pearl cotton for tatting and another tatting book with celtic knot patterns. Showed off pictures of several of my quilt ghans to a number of people and received lots of ooooo's and ahhhh's on them. Learned a bunch about quilting, too. A fun day. I could use a nap now. We got lost and went 15 miles out of our way on the way there, but had no trouble getting home. MapQuest's directions sometimes leave a lot to be desired.

Once when away on business Phil found out that the Mapquest printout he had was in the reverse order of what it should have been! Good thing he checked out the route the day before he needed to be at the meeting.

Good Morning, all. It's 18 degrees and sunny. That's cold for us!

Tabby, the ILTY is I Love This Yarn and is Hobby Lobby's brand. It's so soft and wonderful to work with. They don't have all the colors and seem to have trouble keeping it in stock! WTG on getting so much done on your quilt. :cheer

Thanks for being so kind about my noseyness. :D:lol We don't have a HL here but my Mom has one in KS. :devil

What. A. Jerk. :irk

AMEN SISTA!

Tracy~Maybe if you throw his bags outside he'll get the hint. :lol

Wendy - Hi!

We have daylight savings time starting tonight...maybe that's why your time discrepancy on the computer.

It's already tomorrow out where you are...

Archived