Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

ooh be careful with your eye, hope it gets better.

What is the leslies ghan pattern.

I am still trying to do the original size for now. But once closer and I run out of time I will have to decide what to do then. At the moment I have all 8 rows ready to sew together for the 7th block and thats what Im doing here now why chatting to you.

What an exciting life I lead. Its a friday night and Im chatting online and doing my crocheting while listening to music.

Thanks...I'm putting cool water on it - trying NOT to rub!!

LeslieG posted a few patterns she came up with...forget how many pages back, on the crochet a quilt CAL (I think - I'm on so many!) One is a Kitty ghan :yes

And your evening sounds wonderful to me!! I sit in my chair and put on soft jazz while I crochet, too!!

Have a good night, my friend!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy, besides the kitty ghan pattern, I fell in love with the purple and green one...though I like all of them just as they are on the graphs - her color choices included!

I think I'll treat ME to the purple and green one...doesn't go with much in my house (except for the green in my bedroom) but I love the color combo.

Judy I like the kitty pattern too. Have you started the green and purple one yet or are you waiting until after the tunisian cal.

I need the graph a bit bigger - my local print shop can do it if Leslie isn't able to send a bigger one to me - before starting. And some yarn shopping is in order! I'm thinking of the Caron SS for this - I love the feel and the colors... There's also no rush on this...If I get it donnext year I'll be happy!

The Tunisian has 1st priority because I want to master the stitch and color changes - there are more graphs I'd love to do and I think in the Tunisian they'll look so much better!

The caron ss yarn will be nice and yes if its for yourself you have no time limit so it doesnt matter how long you take. Thats why the casa has taken so long because its for my bed so no hurry. Although I have been doing it since February.

Judy have you picked the pattern out for the tunisian. I cant wait to do the cats rule pattern. I think I am going to do it in dark brown and a light brown. Have to get the yarn for it though.

Athba are you having a great friday arvo. Yes I quite like Leslies chains and diamond pattern. Would you do it in the blues or pick another color.

hello wendy

i don`t know maybe i`ll pick another color because i`ll be useing the TLC surf and turf for the 63cable stiches afghan

the same colors of your first blue start for my bed room with hubby

so i` must look for another color:think

although i saw lady making the casa with turqua , d.brown , and off white and i loved it

i love the chocko-cherry by Tlc maybe i`ll use it with 2 plain colors it contains :blush

what do you think?? i like your choices so if you please suggest colors to match

to see the colors hers links:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000I6FA7Y/ref=ord_cart_shr/105-9516922-6277218?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A15FQPGSF5C19E&v=glance

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009WID3K/ref=ord_cart_shr/105-9516922-6277218?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A15FQPGSF5C19E&v=glance

about the timing its after noon here , 3:35pm

and we are covering all the times thats cool :devil

Good morning everyone.

Judy, I hope your eye starts to feel better. That's great you are going to do the purple and green quiltghan. I think that's my favorite one.

Wendy, I like that graph too. Great choice :yes I bought a huge black for mine the other day. I need to get my golden color and probably more black. I won't be able to do that for another week though.

Wendy, the citiusa site had a simple preemie heart pattern - done in sc, but it's what I was looking for - once I get the hang of it it'll be off to the races for me...the cat moon pattern, the amish buggy...etc...I also have a couple of my own "designs" I'd like to use the Tunisian for. One is DS's blanket with an outline of a spine and his chiropractic logo "Motion is Life" on it...

The itching on my eye isn't nearly as bad now - I have to toss some new eye make up - obviously whatever tint they used isn't for me...

Donna are you doing the tunisian as well. When you said golden I thought that might go better with my dark brown. I will have to look when I get to the shop.

Athba its hard picking out colors. I really like the colors that Leslie put together. Have a nice dinner Athba.

Wendy, yep I'm doing the Eagle gold from diznemom's site. It's in black and some sort of golden color. I haven't decided what shade to use yet. I'm thinking honeycomb or something similar. We shall see next week when I go yarn shopping again. That would look nice with your dark brown though.

now i should work harder than ever hopeing to finish the SPS before the night cause hubby is going to have dinner in our house today ;)

Perhaps this is a translation issue, but whose house does hubby usually have dinner in?

The itching on my eye isn't nearly as bad now - I have to toss some new eye make up - obviously whatever tint they used isn't for me...

Judi - it's not pink eye, is it? When you're talking about caking and itching, sounds just like pink eye to me as well. I would use a warm washcloth, not cold - the warmth helps to unclog the goo in your lacrymal duct.

Morning all. It seems as though "Julie's Gabby Gerties" are back. ;) I love it when it's so busy here! Everyone sounds like their old and new projects are going well...as usual I seem to be the slow one. :blush We're trying to get things ready to take to Dad's birthday party tomorrow and maybe I can crochet later. :hook

Good morning ladies :flower

Judy - Be prepared, Big Daddy goes back to work on Tuesday so my sleep schedule (or rather lackof sleep) will resume and I'll be here in the wee smalls again :lol That oughta scare you into sleep :D

Am I the only one that seems to have trouble sharing a bed the older I get? While he's been on vacation he's kinda pulling online game all nighters and I'm getting the best sleep ever! :blush I suggested twin beds a while back but the hurt look on his little face made me drop it right off. But gosh I'm tired :tired:lol

Aren't those charts Leslie made just devine!? I'm gonna make the cat one :yes

Well, off to finish those last eight rows on the Big Top :hook

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

Cara - what you need is a comfy couch. That way, you can fall asleep on the couch and just tell DH that you "fell asleep" while working. Be sure to put props around you, like a skein of yarn with hook inside. I pull this a couple times a week, and that seems to help me catch up on the zzzzz's I miss thanks to DH's snoring AND tossing! Can't really suggest twin beds when you're not even 35. I'm not sure all I'd get would be a hurt look! But I certainly sleep beautifully while he's away. I need about 6.5 hours of sleep when he's gone, and I hop out of bed ready for anything. When he's home, I drag my butt out of bed after 8 hours and try not to fall asleep during the day.

Archived