Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa!!! It's not the train I was thinking of giving up on, it's the frog pattern. I've already got the train face squares done. There were only 8 of them. I've just got 1 square left to crochet for the next block, and have between 1/3 and 1/2 of the rest of them crocheted as well.:hook

Cara, of course you can use the pattern for your nephew, with or without the face. Whichever you like best.:manyheart

Thanks for the encouraging words, everyone. I guess I wasn't too clear of which project I was talking about earlier.:blush

Whoa!!! It's not the train I was thinking of giving up on, it's the frog pattern. I've already got the train face squares done. There were only 8 of them. I've just got 1 square left to crochet for the next block, and have between 1/3 and 1/2 of the rest of them crocheted as well.:hook

Cara, of course you can use the pattern for your nephew, with or without the face. Whichever you like best.:manyheart

Thanks for the encouraging words, everyone. I guess I wasn't too clear of which project I was talking about earlier.:blush

Okay, let's start over! :lol:eek:lol I think the Frog sounds adorable...Go for it! :hook

Morning everyone

Thanks for all your comments on the Amish. I already have a couple of rows done on the 7th block, which is great. I will do more tonight but the last episode of Heroes is on tonight and have to watch that.

Linda I think your Frog pattern idea is great, go with it, it will look awesome.

Peaches welcome to the group. You will love making these ghans. The squares are easy and they are easy to put together. The hardest part is picking which one to do.

Hi, Wendy. The second hardest thing is figuring what colors to use. :haha:laughroll:haha

I think I've got the frog down. At least the small version works. Will big it up and see what you think tomorrow.

:whew Thought the train was leaving the station.

I think the frog sounds fabulous too. I need to make up one and hanging it on the wall in my slowly becoming my yarn room/studio :lol

Welcome to the group Peaches!!

Hi, Wendy. The second hardest thing is figuring what colors to use. :haha:laughroll:haha

I think I've got the frog down. At least the small version works. Will big it up and see what you think tomorrow.

I think the frog is going to be cute. I can't wait to see what ya come up with. :hook:yarn

Hi Tabby. :)

Linda ~ Can't wait to see Mr. Frog! :yes

Wendy ~ I know your Mom will be thrilled with the Amish. How many blocks are you doing? (Sorry if you already told us and I forgot. :blush )

Time for dinner. Everyone take care and have a good evening. :hug

Linda....keep going with that frog! I can't wait to see it! I think I will probably do the Amish baskets first...a friend asked me to do that one for a friend of hers after we both get through our weddings this summer...then I would love to do the Clays Choice...oh heck I want to do all of them! I love the pink flamingo for my sister too! I'll be here for awhile along with the rest of you! I know they are going to be addicting and that's part of the reason I haven't started yet! I don't want to quit or get distracted as soon as I start! After this weekend I will be doing some serious yarn shopping for this...maybe yet this week as I see Joann's has RH Super Saver on sale for $1.99.:clap :clap So you gals just carry on right now but in about a week I will be here more regularly!:yay

Thanks everyone,

Mary thanks yes I think I will need to make 12 blocks of the Amish but its hard to tell until Im a bit closer.

Theresa wow RH yarn for $1.99 you gotta love that.

Heather thanks yes the yellow is mums favorite color so Im hoping she will like it. She knows Im doing this pattern as she picked it out but she doesnt know what colors.

wendy the amish is amazing

you want to make 12??? i don`t think so i think 9 will be enough it just need border and nice edgeing beleive me

how big is her bed??

Hi Athba. Has you can see from the photo 6 blocks for the Amish only covers half of the queen size bed. So I would need to do at least 12 and then hopefully with a border it will cover the bed.

The 4th of July is Americas Independence day. Have you seen the movie Independence Day. I love that movie, cant remember how many times I have watched it.

Good Morning, ladies. :) I hope you all have a nice 4th of July. We're going to try again to get some yard work done at DD's house. We've had rain for 23 out of 30 days in our area and they say it's not over yet! :eek

Wendy, yes it is a national holiday. Most cities have parades, fireworks and other celebrations.

Theresa~Can't wait for you to join in! :yes We all agree that Cara's patterns are addictive and you're obviously hooked already. :hook Enjoy the wedding weekend. :manyheart

wendy

i remember the name of the movie but hardly remember it maybe if i saw it i`ll recognize it

send me some yarn i`ll work the amish with you so you`ll be done quicklly :lol

do you know the feeling wjen you want to have a baby???

i`m dieing to get pregnant but hubby says it`s too early :(

i love children and i feel so much emotioned to get my own :cry

i`m mad about that i want a child soon but he says we should enjoy our life together at least for 2 years till you finish studying :mad

Happy 4th Y'all!!

Yep, the 4th of July is America's Independence Day :yes The day we celebrate our triumph over the British. Then we turn around and make friends with 'em. I love irony :manyheart

All dreary and yucky here again today :rain At least we got a days relief :yes So we'll cook our fajitas indoors and have a grand old time. We don't need a whole lotta reason to celebrate anyway. The fact that it's Wednesday would've been enough :lol

Have a happy day y'all :manyheart

Thanks for the welcome back ladies!

Mary, I've been addicted since the day this cal was announced, but you know how life is and gets in the way sometimes, but now I am more than ready to get started on at least two! Thanks for the wedding wishes too..it's getting down to the wire and I've had to calm the DD down once so far this week. LOL and it wasn't even wedding related, just one thing that didn't need to be dealt with this week.

Everyone have a safe and fun 4th!

Archived