Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tab

You're getting to know me a little too well. If NICE doesn't work, then I try guilt.

That doesn't work, I try to make it sound like more fun than it actually will be , just to make them WANT to be in it.

Then I tell them, Well TAB signed up, so you want to hang out with HER don't you ?

Then I use brute force if necessary . :lol

( joking, I won't force any of you to do anything you don't want )

Wow Linda

That is one big repair bill !!!

Mary- it sounds like you guys will have great fun planning out their yard. It'll be beautiful when done .

And Krystal.... Hmmm..... what to say to you ?

Something tells me if ONE MORE GARY COLEMAN avatar shows up, I'm gonna be screaming CONSPIRACY from the highest rooftops . :yes

Julie, my next project is for DS...he needs another blanket for his office. Some patients get cold while they're laying on the treatment table letting the electric stim work...it's the least I can do...he is taking me to the baby shower in August - and using most of his only day off of the week to do it!:manyheart

Today I received my Jimbo Q hook that I bid on and won. I'm going to use that with 2 strands of yarn to make it light, yet warm. I may try for the Van Ghoh look. He wants green, so that leaves lots of choices.

BUT...I'll always be happy to check out your next CAL:D

Thanks Judy !

It'll be quite awhile til I'm ready to take on another one. Got too many things going right now .

Can't wait til you come up with an idea for your son -- it's bound to be pretty with your talent ,and green, you can't go wrong !

Krystal~I love your avatar. It has me busting a gut. :rofl I was gonna do that this morning but I didn't want to have to run for the hills. :lol But I love that you are so evil. It reminds me of someone, I wonder who that could be......:devil :devil :devil

Well I was looking at Cara's site today and I decided that next Friday I'm headed to pick out a color scheme for her ohio star variant. I am thinking of keeping with the red white and blue but then I was thinking of going with purple and greens, or a different shade of the reds and blues, oh so many ideas. lol I will have to wait and stand in front of the yarn section for a few hours trying to decide :lol Don't worry Julie, I won't start it till my other quilt is done. Then it can just take that quilts place in my UFO lineup.

BTW when your ready for your new CAL I'll be there to try it out too.

Morning everyone,

Krystal sorry to hear that your car is going to cost a lot to finish.

Mary your landscaping sounds like a lot of work and fun too. Im sure your daughter will love your ideas and the finished garden. We need pics when its done.

Julie do I hear you talking about another cal. I have a hard enough time remembering what I said in which cal now.

Tabby I see you are going to make the squiggly potholder. It looks great and I thought it would make a great dishcloth.

Im going to try and finish another block. Gotta go put the kettle on as mum and dad will be here soon. Who wants a cuppa and a piece of cake.

Linda - Ouch is right!!! I can buy a whole car for $900 :lol Big Daddy's so glad I can't drive anymore. I used to buy more $500 and under cars, drive them for a month or two til they fell apart then buy another one. He ended up just saying, "Oh well, it's less than a car payment." :lol

Donna - Sorry :blush I have a tendency to design everything in red, white and blue first. I have trouble picking colors, too. But thanks to moving back here I have way more color choices so I'm getting more creative. The Ohio Variant is kind of an old one. I think it'd kinda look spiffy in yellow and green. Anything really would work :yes

Judy - Aww you're such a great mom for making an afghan for DSs office. Is he a doctor? My son's in pre-med and I could just about bust a gut for pride :manyheart

Wendy - Oooh me! Me! Me! I want tea and cake :hug

4,000 posts already?!? Just seems like it was 3,000 a couple of weeks ago. Wow! The little square addiction goes on :lol

4,000 posts already?!? Just seems like it was 3,000 a couple of weeks ago. Wow! The little square addiction goes on :lol

Someone should put that phrase to music and make it our theme song!:dance

Yep I just can't stay away from here. lol. I will let you know on Friday what I decide for colors. That's when I'll be doing my yarn shopping. I also have to shop for my SP that day (I just realized I have two weeks to get it out.) So it will be a busy shopping day.

Cara, I like the red white and blue but hubby gets tired of seeing everything in those colors. lol. I'm thinking of maybe darker reds and blues and like an aran or cream colored in place of white. We shall see. Oh maybe a blue and purple. See I have colors running through my head all the time.

Okay back to working on this baby ball. It's causing more trouble then it should.

Cara, my son is a chiropractor...uses lots of treatments you would normally associate with a physical therapist in addition to adjusting, which is why they stay on the treatment table for a while sometimes. We are proud of him, esp when friends or neighbors go to him and tell us how much better they feel afterwards:c9 ...plus he never asks them to sign any "contract" either...when they're improved he suggests maintenance on a flexible schedule, explaining the benefits, and lets them think about whether or not they want to continue seeing him.

THAT attitude makes us really proud of him.:manyheart

Cara

I have a dumb question, but since I've never been to your state i dont know much about it. Do you guys actually have grass and trees like we do, or is it more like desert type stuff, you know ? Is it too hot and dry for lots of things to grow ?

--------

Julie, I'm in central Texas, about 2 hours south of Cara, and it's actually quite green and hilly. And because we've had so much rain this spring, the wildflowers this year were spectacular. I was driving around earlier today, and the crepe myrtle trees and throwing out a ton of blooms.

Where I'm at is just at the edge of what's called the Hill Country, and is beautiful.

Also, I'll throw this little tidbit out there: Texas is the 3rd largest producer of wine in the US (behind California and Washington). And most of the wineries are within about 2 hours of me (I've even been to the one in Del Rio, which is the oldest winery in Texas).

Jeez, I get confused.... WHAT CAL am I in? Is it one I even joined? No, it's NOT! But somehow, here I am, posting! I guess you could consider me an "associate" member! :lol

As for my town, we've got about 3,500 people and it's HUGE as far as land is concerned.

Archived