Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you all see the announcement about tomorrow's down time? I always forget to notice that stuff, so just thought I'd mention it.

Yes, I actually noticed it this time. :lol Think that makes me about 1 for 10 :D

One hour difference. It's 7:30 ish right now in Texas (Central Time) in NY it's 8:30 ish :) I've lived in both places and had the same trouble....woke my mama up in Texas once she wasn't a happy camper :lol

Yes, that's right :yes I know I need to schedule my nap for that time :lol But I had the worst dream during today's nap. I dreamed that the 'Ville shut down!!! :eek That's the worst nightmare I've ever had *shudder*

I saw the announcement too. UGHHH, I will go through withdrawal a bit but i'm sure I can find something to do. :hook I wish it was earlier because i'm bogged down until about 3:00. Figures it would shut down right after that. :no I;ll make it through, i'll just have major jitters by time it comes back on. :lol

Tabby Im sorry to hear Jaden is sick. Hope he gets well soon. Its great your getting lots done. We do need the rain so its all good. Im happy to stay inside and crochet and watch movies.

Yesterday while teaching mum and Kelly to crochet I put a movie on called Flicka. It was about a girl and a horse, yes a tearjerker. Im sure our round ripples had wet spots in places although no one was owning up to crying.

Wendy~I don't like to admit this since it's out of character for me :lol but I want to see that movie. :yes I don't really care for country music, very few & Tim Mcgraw is one I like. His looks have part to do with that. :blush

I have days that I like to just stay in and watch movies. It's so relaxing so good for you. Everyone needs that every now & again. I never admit to crying either because my Hubby cracks up when I do. He says I cry with every movie. :no

And thanks, i'm sure he'll get better soon. I see a Dr.'s trip in our very near future. He's been sick since Friday night but it just seems to be getting worse.

I haven't seen the new Flicka. Saw the one with Roddy McDowell several times and have read the book :yes Both very good. I was spoon fed on country music and I like it very much :yes But I'm not a Tim McGraw fan :P

Music I like best though is what are called "Classics" now. Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr, Bobby Darin. Not Frank Sinatra....he got on my nerves :lol

Hey Wendy

So what was the holiday you guys celebrated today ?

Tab- you watching Flicka ? That'd be like me watching a 24 hour marathon of Poobahs . :lol

Just joking, I hear it was a real good movie. I read the Flicka books when I was a girl .

And for those of you that don't like country music, I'm not a real big fan either, but Take a gander sometime at Alan Jackson. WOW . Now THAT is a MAN .

Sorry your little "babycakes " is sick again. I still call Cam that and his mom just rolls her eyes. I still try to pick him up too, and he's almost as tall as me, so his feet touch the ground .

This is gonna be rough with this place shut down tomorrow. I will need medication to get through it I think .

Just wanted to drop in here and give you all a holler that I started my new brainstorm idea in a new CAL called Circle of Friends. If you are interested, jump on over and sign in. If not, it's ok, too. Jyust thought I'd tell you it's there in case you missed it .:)

Very true Wendy about the shutdown. Guess we'll have to do something else like ... crochet ....

:lol

So do you guys do anything special for the Queen's birthday like eat cake or sing , or is it just like our President's Day ? Just a day off work but nobody does anything special on that day.

Some of the furniture stores have a sale on President's day if that counts .

About Country Music. I never liked it then I had a boss that played it all the time and started to like it and now I mostly listen to country though I know and like all kinds of music, I remember most kids songs, love 70's and 80's Pop, rock and soul and everything from Mama Cass to Jesus Christ Superstar. :) Even though I live in the music city USA I don't go to many things with the country music and I wouldn't know most of the artists if they stopped in front of me and said HI!! :)

Wow, looks like I'm the only one who lucked out (besides Wendy:) ) on the timing of the server changeover!

My afternoon schedule is sooooo exciting:lol :lol ...

(Since I'm in NJ, it's 3:30 to 6:30 for me, too)

...I start our early dinner (that's what happens when you get old)

...we play Scrabble on the back patio after dinner, with our youngest dog keeping us company

...I clean up the kitchen and get the dogs evening meal together

And after that excitement, the 'ville will be back and I can begin to live again!!!:yay :yay :yay

Judy yeah I will be in la la land when the server gets upgraded.

Having dinner and then playing scrabble on the back patio sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon.

It is very relaxing...plus our pup loves rolling around in the grass while we play, as he chews his huge rawhide bone.

Good Morning. :) It's definitely an addiction when I plan my day around the downtime at the 'ville! :eek I need to run lots of errands today and would usually do that early...but I may wait until this afternoon. ;)

Archived