Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Oh, did I mention he still sleeps with me? :eek Hubby & I haven't slept together since he was 1 & he started to be a bed hog. He said it's me or him and well you see who is priority. :blush

Ack! My ex-husband (my kids' father) believed in the Family Bed theory. Thought it brought the family closer together. It didn't. I slept on the couch most nights and we did notice I said ex-husband, right? :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats, Tabby, Cara and Shaylen your Harvest of friends quilt is the featured free pattern at the top of the Crochet Pattern Central site

Way to go:cheer:clap

Woo hoo!!! Love when that happens!!! :woo :woo

Well, Tab - I guess we know why there are no more kids after Jadyn! :eek:lol:rofl

:lol:lol:lol

Ack! My ex-husband (my kids' father) believed in the Family Bed theory. Thought it brought the family closer together. It didn't. I slept on the couch most nights and we did notice I said ex-husband, right? :lol

All of my kids slept with me until the summer before kindergarten. They were all colicky & it was the only way to get sleep. :yes Then they got to be toddlers & I didn't feel like listening to them scream to break the habit. So I just waited until they turned 5 & understood they had to sleep in there beds. It worked until Jaden, he just is attached at the hip.

I did get my bath time & Hubby put him to sleep. :cheerHe didn't even try to break the door down so maybe he is gaining independence. That is kinda sad, not the quiet bath but the fact that he may not need me as much. :( I guess I hold onto him & baby him because he's my last. I don't plan on having anymore. :no

No progress to report today:( I am working feverishly on my stepson's Christmas gift.:hook Between my Mom and my stepson, she will definitely be the more understanding if I am late. His is a Giant Granny Rectangle and it is getting too big to travel with, so when I am home, I work on it, and the Bus Cuddle is reserved for my take along project. That and for when I need a break, lol. The bigger those rectangles get the longer it takes to get around a full row.:yes

Bean that's how it's starting to get for my Van Gogh RR...taking a while to make a circuit now! AT least I'm using 2 strands of yarn and a P hook!

It's horrible isn't it? I want to go relax in a bath right now & I can't because Jaden will break into the bathroom. No privacy at all & now I have to wait because he is too old to be seeing me nekkid. It may scar him for life since I can't wear duct tape in the bath. :D

:lol

Well, Tab - I guess we know why there are no more kids after Jadyn! :eek:lol:rofl

:lol :lol

All of my kids slept with me until the summer before kindergarten. They were all colicky & it was the only way to get sleep. :yes Then they got to be toddlers & I didn't feel like listening to them scream to break the habit. So I just waited until they turned 5 & understood they had to sleep in there beds. It worked until Jaden, he just is attached at the hip.

I did get my bath time & Hubby put him to sleep. :cheerHe didn't even try to break the door down so maybe he is gaining independence. That is kinda sad, not the quiet bath but the fact that he may not need me as much. :( I guess I hold onto him & baby him because he's my last. I don't plan on having anymore. :no

My first one slept with me till she was 9 or 10 months old. I just couldn't take it anymore. I wasn't getting very much sleep and if I woke up before her she'd wake up to my moving. There was absolutely no time away from her. So when Mike went out of town I decided to let her cry it out.With Meaghan I just told everyone that there was no holding her when she slept because I wasn't doing the sleeping in the chair thing with this one too. Now of course they start in their bed but every so often I'll wake up to find an extra person in my bed.

Morning, everyone. I spent a lot of time in the kitchen yesterday and no time crocheting. Today will be spent taking Kim to get her haircut and for a manicure and pedicure. At least that's the plan for the afternoon. Not much accomplished today yet. Trouble is back to being her normal, bouncy self. Hope you all have a good day! :hug

Hidey Ho ladies

Just a quick jump in -- too far behind to read all the posts-- hope all is well in here with you guys .

Tab- you funny thing -- duct tape is sticky enough, it'll stay on in the bathtub I do believe .

( not that I personally have tried it, but i heard it through the grapevine )

WOW -

I went back a couple pages and read up about the Family Bed theory - ladies I think we found birth control method number 22 .

I need to go out to that bulletin board on the highway with a can of spray paint and paint 22 over the 21 .

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Krystal-

Well, not to give out TMI ( too much info) ,but let's just say that at MY AGE and with MY broken parts , we no longer have need for a living mass of humans in the middle to DETERR any "advances ).

Sam knows that he'd pull back a STUMP if he even TRIED .

I'll let YOU figure out what is STUMPED .

Krystal-

Well, not to give out TMI ( too much info) ,but let's just say that at MY AGE and with MY broken parts , we no longer have need for a living mass of humans in the middle to DETERR any "advances ).

Sam knows that he'd pull back a STUMP if he even TRIED .

I'll let YOU figure out what is STUMPED .

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Congrats, Tabby, Cara and Shaylen your Harvest of friends quilt is the featured free pattern at the top of the Crochet Pattern Central site

Way to go:cheer:clap

That is so exciting! Congratulations, ladies. :manyheart

UH OH

Mary is here.

Dear Mary- please skip the last 6 or 8 posts, and continue on with reading .

No offense, but Krystal, Cara and Tab are a little "off-color" today . :yes

WE are off color? Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

There's no way I'm going down for this one... you are in it up to your knobby knees!!!

Archived