2011 Scarves for Special Olympics

VanessaH

working on the first one. Hope to get it done while on a trip for 10 days. I drive most of the time, but hope I have a relief driver to help this time! will wait and see how this works out

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought two skeins of Cherry Red to go with my two skeins of stashed white...hoping to start my first scarf soon!

I just saw this thread, count me in. I managed to make 3 for the 2010 Special Olympics, and I have some of the red yarn left. I will start on them as soon as I finish the wedding afghan I am working on. Thanks for posting the link.

I just saw this thread, count me in. I managed to make 3 for the 2010 Special Olympics, and I have some of the red yarn left. I will start on them as soon as I finish the wedding afghan I am working on. Thanks for posting the link.

Thanks for helping make scarves.

Does it have to be RH cherry red yarn for this project? I have some Caron One Pound red (I think it is called Scarlet) that is pretty close in color to the RH Cherry Red. Would this be acceptable?

Sharon

Thank-you for your inquiry. Yes, the scarves need to be made out of the Red Heart Super Saver Cherry Red and White. This ensures uniformity for the athletes. Happy Crocheting!

This was a fun project last time round, though I was a bit disappointed that it was never clear to me what happened to all the extra? The blue and white from Idaho? I think that was the state from memory. I like to be sure items really go to people in need and think they got so many more then they needed they were given to everyone? Anyone else remember the situation? I want to help, but if it's a case of a scarf going to homeless or a cancer victim vs extra given out to anyone, would like to know?

Can someone fill me in so I don't need to read all 5 pages here?

THANKS

This was a fun project last time round, though I was a bit disappointed that it was never clear to me what happened to all the extra? The blue and white from Idaho? I think that was the state from memory. I like to be sure items really go to people in need and think they got so many more then they needed they were given to everyone? Anyone else remember the situation? I want to help, but if it's a case of a scarf going to homeless or a cancer victim vs extra given out to anyone, would like to know?

Can someone fill me in so I don't need to read all 5 pages here?

THANKS

That's why we keep a running total so we don't get so many excess scarves. All the information for the project can be found in the very first post of this thread. Thanks for your inquiry. Happy Crocheting.

Well, we're up to 265 scarves now! Wow! I am posting Thank-You's on the main webpage, but if you send scarves and you're from Crochetville, just enclose a little note or let me know on here and I'll post a Thank-You on here as well. Thanks to all of you for your help making scarves!

Hi! I've been out of the crochet mood for a while, and I stopped in to CV for the inspiration that I alway get here.... this is the perfect idea for me to get back into it. Thank you for posting the link, I'm going to get started on a scarf today.

Hi! I've been out of the crochet mood for a while, and I stopped in to CV for the inspiration that I alway get here.... this is the perfect idea for me to get back into it. Thank you for posting the link, I'm going to get started on a scarf today.

Glad we can help inspire you! Thanks for the help making scarves.

That's why we keep a running total so we don't get so many excess scarves. All the information for the project can be found in the very first post of this thread. Thanks for your inquiry. Happy Crocheting.

Sorry to be so long getting back to you Vanessa. Thanks for your response. Been out of town, will go back and read your first post, so that brings me to one more question. Is the counting here the only group making scarves?

Please understand I'm not trying to be negative, I think it's a worthy cause.

Archived