Nylon Cord (Re: My Post on 3/21/10)

TashasMom

Question

Starting a new post, as I do not know how far back you go to read messages.

Some of you mentioned that you use Nylon Cord, I have never seen it any

Big Box Crafting Stores, Where do you buy it.

If KER828 is reading this: can you post some pictures of the bags you made with the nylon cord, I would really love to see them :hook

18 answers to this question

First I want to THANK everyone who answered

Just to let you know the only H.L. is 300 miles away from me.

1. Happy Stitcher: Loved your bags what size hook did you use

2.Karen: I know what tax season could be like, I used to work for a C.P.A. Co.

3. I visited all the web sites everyone mentioned, looked at the colors

at Creative Yarn Source for #18 La Espiqa and found 2 colors I liked

(a) silver gray and (b) khaki and we all know how monitor's show colors

I wrote them asking if they can send me a swatch, of each color and

I could see how thick or thin it is, hope they answer me

4. New Question, If I do decide to buy it, either from them or one of the

Craft Stores, how do you decide how much to buy. right now I am not

sure what type of bag I want, so any suggestion's to be on the safe

side.

5. Just in case I do not get an e-mail from Creative, or can't find it at my

LCS can anyone send me a small piece so I can see it, before ordering

on line

Sorry, for the length of this letter, and for those who celebrate Easter have a HAPPY ONE :yarn

Our old Walmart had fabric and yarn and when they closed and built the new super center we don't have fabric but we still have a good selection of yarn from red heart to caron simply soft and they still have the coats and clark cord the other day I noticed. Most stuff can be ordered online anyway if you can't find it in store some where so that is the one great thing about the internet. Mary

Went to Joann"s and I have 2 Wal-marts near me, neither store had them, I know my Wal-mart's are doing away with there yarn and fabric dept. as far as Joann's there shelves were bare and there stock people did not know when a new shipment would come in.

As I stated earlier I was and did wright http://creativeyarnsource.com/nylon_thread.html I got an answer " I have color cards for La Espiga which have the actual sample threads on them. They are $4.20 including shipping.

Just let me know if you're interested.

Thanks"

I just might order it, cause I want to see what it actually looks like

Stitch Girl: if you reading this you mentioned bags by "the Sak" where do I find her bags?

Thanks again for all your helpl

The western looking one is with size 18 Omega, and an F hook.The green one is with size 10 Omega, and an E hook.The patterns are by Mona Modica at Creative Yarn Source (.com). :yarn

Your work is great. I went to that store online and they have some neat yarn and patterns. I don't need more but it sure is tempting.

I made some bags with the Coats nylon. I got the black from Walmart and the brown online. It is hard to work with at first but got easier as I did it.

post-10430-135897520592_thumb.jpg

The western looking one is with size 18 Omega, and an F hook.

The green one is with size 10 Omega, and an E hook.

The patterns are by Mona Modica at Creative Yarn Source (.com). :yarn

>>>>I just might order it, cause I want to see what it actually looks like

Stitch Girl: if you reading this you mentioned bags by "the Sak" where do I find her bags? Thanks again for all your helpl<<<<<<

Here's the Sak store website of them.

Sak

Went to Joann"s and I have 2 Wal-marts near me, neither store had them, I know my Wal-mart's are doing away with there yarn and fabric dept. as far as Joann's there shelves were bare and there stock people did not know when a new shipment would come in.

As I stated earlier I was and did wright http://creativeyarnsource.com/nylon_thread.html I got an answer " I have color cards for La Espiga which have the actual sample threads on them. They are $4.20 including shipping.

Just let me know if you're interested.

Thanks"

I just might order it, cause I want to see what it actually looks like

Stitch Girl: if you reading this you mentioned bags by "the Sak" where do I find her bags?

Thanks again for all your helpl

Check this page, http://creativeyarnsource.com/patterns.html. Scroll about halfway down and it shows some purses/bags and how many rolls they require.

I have been working on a bag with this stuff and I don't care for it. When I started working with it I was beginning to think I was getting carpal tunnel. My wrists would tingle and my fingers would start going numb. It's not nearly as flexible to work with as yarn and I think I was having to struggle to get it to cooperate. I'm not trying to discourage you from trying it. Just saying it gave me problems. Others have posted as having used it and not mentioned any problems so it could be just me.

Good luck!

If you've ever seen the handbags made by "the Sak" - that is what the LaEspiga #18 looks like. If you're making a small bag one roll will be enough, a medium to large bag you will probably need the second one, at least that has been my experience. Also, make sure you get fray check because you will need to put that on any ends as this yarn really unravels easily.

First I want to THANK everyone who answered

Just to let you know the only H.L. is 300 miles away from me.

2.Karen: I know what tax season could be like, I used to work for a C.P.A. Co.

3. I visited all the web sites everyone mentioned, looked at the colors

at Creative Yarn Source for #18 La Espiqa and found 2 colors I liked

(a) silver gray and (b) khaki and we all know how monitor's show colors

I wrote them asking if they can send me a swatch, of each color and

I could see how thick or thin it is, hope they answer me

4. New Question, If I do decide to buy it, either from them or one of the

Craft Stores, how do you decide how much to buy. right now I am not

sure what type of bag I want, so any suggestion's to be on the safe

side.

5. Just in case I do not get an e-mail from Creative, or can't find it at my

LCS can anyone send me a small piece so I can see it, before ordering

on line

Sorry, for the length of this letter, and for those who celebrate Easter have a HAPPY ONE :yarn

Joanne's has it (says online only, on sale for 3.99 from 4.99; not sure if the sale is online or only orderable online).

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=prd31115

I know I picked some up at Michael's a while back, if I recall they had limited colors . I'm not finding it now online tho'.

My favorite for purses is the #18. I can also get it at Hobby Lobby but the color selection is limited there.

How thick/thin is the #18? I have a couple bag patterns that call for it and I didn't know the thickness. None of the stores near me sell it, but going to HL next week and will look for it there.

:turtle:vheart

There are a couple bags in my album (see link below) that are made with Omega Nylon. I also get it at Creative Yarn Source or my LYS. Hobby Lobby usually has a pretty good selection.

One bag is a western looking bag with fringe, and the other is a bright green purse I made for DD.

ETA: I just checked for you, and both bags are pictured on page 3.

Starting a new post, as I do not know how far back you go to read messages.

Some of you mentioned that you use Nylon Cord, I have never seen it any

Big Box Crafting Stores, Where do you buy it.

If KER828 is reading this: can you post some pictures of the bags you made with the nylon cord, I would really love to see them :hook

I get my nylon thread here http://creativeyarnsource.com/nylon_thread.html

My favorite for purses is the #18. I can also get it at Hobby Lobby but the color selection is limited there.

I will try to post some pictures but it is tax season and I'm really busy at work so it may be a few days.

Archived