My Physical Therapist is also a Crocheter: PT will be fun to go to.

:cheerWell ladies as some of you may already know I have been having severe elbow/arm pains right arm and I'm right handed and well I even have had to go for a Nerve test and I was also sent to therapy til the doctor sends me a appt to be seen ...

Well I began therapy today and well you know how therapists ask all kinds of questions to try and find out how this pain began and well come to find out she too crochets...

I was so happy ..... She even show me a baby blanket she is making its Tunisian Entrelac stitch...

It looked beautiful...

She is crocheting for charity... I was so happy she said we might even have to start a crochet group so we all can gather togehter and learn new stuff...

I never done Entrelac stitch and she has never done a picture graph ghan... Being a therapist dont leave her much time but she told me she crochets there on her free time...

After examining me and evaluating me she told me that she dont want me to stop crocheting ..... Yeap you read correctly she said we are going to use my crocheting as part of the therapy...

So today i got tends treatment and hot pads and then ultrasound treatment..

She told me today not to crochet al all but tomorrow to just crochet one row or one round of what ever i'm working on then put it down for 1/2 hour and repeat of course she said if i hurt i stop .....

So how great is that .... I came out of there on cloud 9 :yay:hook

When I go thursday i will take her the link of the ville's forum in case she wants to join here too...

She said she got yarns galore and that she has 3 or 4 projects going on at the same time....

It was good day for me...

hugs

Lillibet

I am sorry you are hurting and needing therapy but since you are it sounds like you found the best therapist ever. That is so neat she is incorporating crocheting into your therapy.

That is some great news!! :woo I am glad that she recommended NOT TO QUIT but to slow down!! That is what I did when I had trouble with my carpal tunnel!! I sometimes crochet 1-2 rows a day and quit for the day!! So no excuses now about the plans that we still have pending: the Chapeau Afghan and the Butterfly Graph Afghan done in SC!!! :scrachin (when and IF we learn how to do it!!) :rolleyes

I'm so glad you have a therapist that understands your need to crochet and is going to help you do it! The positive feeling you have with her will also help in your recovery! Keep us posted Lilli! :hug

:turtle:vheart

I wish my physical therapist did crochet. We'd skip the workouts and crochet the time away. Crochet has always been therapy for me anyway, probably like a lot of us. It covers a lot of territory; physical, mental, emotional and when we are submerged in a project, we forget everything going on around us.....kind of like a Calgon bath, "Take Me Away". I'm happy for you Lillibet, you've got a good therapist and you will look forward to your appointments!

Due to a stroke a few years ago, I lost some use of my hands. I crocheted as a means of therapy and soon I had much improvement of my motor skills as well as some beautiful afghans.

Archived