Summer Shawl

contrary.crocheter

• 1 month later...

Wow Beth bless your kind heart that prayer shawl is beautiful.... I love it....

Great job and thanks for the link too...

I been meaning to make a few prayer shawls to have here on hand for when i know of someone who needs a prayer and hug...

hugs

Lillibet

Dear Beth:

What type of yarn did you use?????

What do you think would be a good yarn to make it out of for some one in California....

please give me tips

hugs

Lillibet

Good Morning Lillibet! I used Yarn Bee Surprise yarn, which is light but sort of fuzzy...it looks like it would be a really warm yarn, but it isn't heavy at all and I used 2 skeins. Since you work from the bottom up on this one, you can just keep going until it is the size you want...so you could use that yarn with a bigger hook for an even looser feel for california. Or maybe a sport weight or one of the baby yarns since they are finer and would be lighter than a worsted.

My daughter went to a wedding in California in July and she was freezing in the evenings...which surprised us both! I was just thinking it would be a very hot time of the year to be there. So, I think you could use any type of yarn and it would be fine! I grew up in Flordia and also lived in Hawaii for a few years and it is always funny to me that in a warmer climate...everywhere you go, their AC is always a freezing temp! My husband laughed at me because I would be in Hawaii wearing a tank top and shorts but carrying my sweatshirt with me!

A lot of rambling thoughts here but I hope it helps!

Thank You Beth:

I will surely use your recommendation... I know i dont have that yarn and nothing as fancy as that but I will for sure make them with some other stuff i got on hand...

I just love the look of it....

I made a prayer shawl for one of the members here and she just got it recently and i said you might not be able to use it now in summer but she reminded me that when she goes to grocery shopping the meat departments area is usually freezing so she will be taking her shawl along...

So you are right about the stores and the AC's....

Again thanks for the link and the tips...

Your shawl is just awesome....'

Where did you buy that yarn?????

hugs

Lillibet

thanks moo...a prayer shawl is one of my favorite things to make! I always want to have one on hand in case a need comes up--but I always seem to be making these late at night.

I found the yarn at Hobby Lobby. It is one of those that is a little spendy but I got it with a 40 percent off coupon and my daughter did the same so I had 2 skeins to work with. Since it was variegated I wasn't sure how the colors would come out, but I was pleased with it and ended up going back for some in blue also. my daughter loved the blue--she said it looked like fish in the water...you can see that here http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112842&highlight=charmed

Archived