Donna and Amy Clean House

Anyone else as pleased as punch as I am with the way Donna and Amy have been rearranging and reorganizing everything in our various sections the past few days? I think it flows great! Things seem grouped together better, and with greater ease of finding related topics. Thank you for all your hard work!

It's spring cleaning here at the 'ville! :D

Patty

The first time I noticed it, I thought they got rid of a thread, then I found it in another place. Bugged me for a while, now it seems like it was always there.

Ugh, guess I have to start spring cleaning now.:hook

Ooops, I forgot to make an announcement about the reorganization before I left the house earlier! Sorry about the random surprise, everyone!

It's been a LONG time since we've had a major forum reorganization. As the forum has grown, things sort of got a bit disorganized. We hope the new organization will make it easier to find things you're looking for specifically as well as make it easier to figure out the best place to post something.

I've started an announcement thread where you can share your thoughts with us!

Wow ladies I must be on here 24/7 cause i've not noticed a change.. I guess there is one just i've not noticed yet...

hugs

Lillibet

Lillibet, if you normally use the "New Posts" feature, then you probably haven't noticed the change yet. If you go to the main page of the site, you'll see that forums have been rearranged into categories that make a bit more sense (at least to Donna and me!) than the old arrangement did.

Of course, if you never paid much attention to the main page, you may not even notice the changes! :lol

Hi Amy:

You hit the nail right on the spot i always go to new posts...

Well I'm going to check out the main page to get familiarized with it ..

thank you for all Donna and yourself are doing ..

hugs

Lillibet

Well, actually, not so much. Was use to things where they were and have had some difficulty going directly to what I want as it's not where I was expecting it. Never have been much for change just for the sake of change. I'm more of a " don't fix what's not broken" type.

Well, actually, not so much. Was use to things where they were and have had some difficulty going directly to what I want as it's not where I was expecting it. Never have been much for change just for the sake of change. I'm more of a " don't fix what's not broken" type.

I understand that it can be difficult and take awhile to get used to the reorganization. Change can be hard, especially if you weren't expecting it to happen.

I'm very sorry that you feel the reorganization was just "change for the sake of change." :( I can assure you, that was not the intention behind the change at all. Donna and I have been discussing the need for a major reorganization for quite a long time now. While the old organization may have made sense to those who come to the site all the time, it really didn't make much sense from the perspective of someone new to the forum.

I hope that as you get used to the new organization, it will start to make more sense to you and that things will soon be easy to find again.

At first I thought, "Oh no! I got some kind of virus that messed up my pages!" But I then realized there had been some rearranging and what not, so I figured I'd just get used to it sooner or later. No biggie.

Anyone else as pleased as punch as I am with the way Donna and Amy have been rearranging and reorganizing everything in our various sections the past few days? I think it flows great! Things seem grouped together better, and with greater ease of finding related topics. Thank you for all your hard work!

It's spring cleaning here at the 'ville! :D

Patty

Thank you so much, Patty, and everyone! For those who are enjoying the cleaner, streamlined organization, I'm so glad!

For those who prefer the old way, I know that change can be hard, but we did it because we really believe it makes more sense and related topics are grouped together. Some of the old organization was a bit of a mishmash. I think once you get used to it, you'll wonder how we ever managed the old way. At least I hope so!

Cleaning up the forum organization has been on Amy's and my mind for a long, long time, but other things always seemed to take precedence. We've discussed it several times, so it isn't something we decided quickly or took lightly.

I'm not sure if it's coincidence that we finally got around to it during "spring cleaning" time, but I do feel much better knowing things are organized now. It had been bothering me for a long time!

I like the changes. I especially like the small web banners that we can put in the signatures. I notice that I recognize different ones easier. Sometimes, it's difficult to put people with their sites and work.

Archived