Brimmed Hat - love it

WVUAlesha

I made this for my friend's daughter. It turned out cute. Next time I'll put the flower closer to the brim.

I tried to post the pattern but I might not be allowed? I found it online....sorry if I wasn't supposed to post. a bunch of *** showed up.

post-34258-135897511724_thumb.jpg

Very cute! Next time maybe put a pin on the back of the flower and you can put it anywhere you want and move it around until you find the perfect spot.

very cute! No wonder she loved it!

(btw, from what I understand, the ***'s mean that there's something about the site (maybe a pattern posted without visible permission from the original publisher/designer, or something else) that results in it being blocked by admin. It doesn't necessarily mean that the pattern you found is in the wrong. it has more to do with protecting the 'ville from copyright (aiding and abetting maybe?) suits) HTH this makes it about as clear as mud)

Your hat is adorable! And I've been meaning to tell you, I LOVE the sock monkeys in your avatar! I just adore sock monkeys, and I tried to make one once, but I just couldn't get it to come out looking like a sock monkey. Probably because I couldn't find the right yarn to give it that "socky" look, all I could find was yarn in an aran color with a fleck in it. Just didn't look right. So the monkey got frogged. :lol

• 2 weeks later...
Your hat is adorable! And I've been meaning to tell you, I LOVE the sock monkeys in your avatar! I just adore sock monkeys, and I tried to make one once, but I just couldn't get it to come out looking like a sock monkey. Probably because I couldn't find the right yarn to give it that "socky" look, all I could find was yarn in an aran color with a fleck in it. Just didn't look right. So the monkey got frogged. :lol

I have the pattern book but I haven't tried it yet. I use the red heel socks....I really need to get back to it. School and work are cramping my style ;)

Archived