Creeping Trebles Square 12" and 8" inches (2 images)

champygirl

Sorry about the pics, I don't have a digital camera and this is the best I could do with my scanner. If you find any errors please send me a pm. :hook
~~~~~~~~~

Creeping Trebles Square

post-11825-135897504681_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl February 15, 2010

Materials:

Worsted Weight yarn (like Red Heart Supersaver yarn) in 3 colors if doing 8 inch square or in 4 colors if doing 12 inch square.
(Color A, B, C, D)
Size H hook (5.00mm)
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Note: Beginning ch3 counts as dc throughout pattern.

Finish Size: 8”h x 8”w inches or 12”h x 12”w inches

Note: If doing 8” x 8” square, follow directions for Rnds 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, then do Alt Rnd 6 directions.

Different Stitches:

Surface Double Treble Crochet (SDTC)- Yarn over 3 times, bring yarn in front of your work, insert hook in free front loop below next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, [yarn over, draw thru 2 loops] Do this 4 times.

Note: When working SDTC you’re leaving the st above free front loop unworked. Leave this st unworked.

Directions:

Rnd 1: With Color A ch5, join with sl st to first chain to form ring, ch3, 2 dc in ring, [ch3, 3 dc in ring] Do this 3 times, ch3, join with sl st to top of ch3.
(12dc, 4-ch3 spaces)

Rnd 2: Ch3, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in next st, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space, [1 dc in next st, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in next st, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space] Do this 3 times, join with sl st to top of ch3.
(28dc, 4-ch3 spaces)

Finish off.

Rnd 3: Join Color B with a sl st to any ch3 space, ch3, (1 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in same ch3 space, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 SDTC in free front loop of st below next st, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, [(2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 SDTC in free front loop of st below next st, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts] Do this 3 times, join with sl st to top of ch3.
(40dc, 4 SDTC, 4-ch3 spaces)

Rnd 4: Ch3, 1 dc in next st, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space, [1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space] Do this 3 times, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st, join with sl st to top of ch3.
(60dc, 4-ch3 spaces)

Finish off.

Rnd 5: Join Color C with a sl st to any ch3 space, ch3, (1 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in same ch3 space, [*1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, 1 SDTC in free front loop of st below next st, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 SDTC in free front loop of st below next st, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts*, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space] Do this 3 times, repeat from * to * once, join with sl st to top of ch3.
(68dc, 8 SDTC, 4- ch3 spaces)

If you’re doing 8” inch square follow the Alt Rnd 6 directions below if not skip to Rnd 6 directions.

Alt Rnd 6: Ch3, 1 dc in next st, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space, [1 dc in each of the next 19 sts, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space] Do this 3 times, 1 dc in each of the next 17 sts, join with sl st to top of ch3.
(92dc, 4-ch3 spaces)

Finish off.

Rnd 6: Ch3, 1 dc in next st, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space, [1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space] Do this 3 times, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in next st, join with sl st to top of ch3.
(92dc, 4-ch3 spaces)

Finish off.

Rnd 7: Join Color D with a sl st to any ch3 space, ch3, (1 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in same ch3 space, {[*1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 SDTC in free front loop of st below next st] Do this 3 times, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts*, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space} Do this 3 times, repeat from * to * once, join with sl st to top of ch3.
(96dc, 12 SDTC, 4-ch3 spaces)

Rnd 8: Ch3, 1 dc in next st, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space, [*1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in each of the next 6 sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st, 1 dc in each of the next 6sts, 1 dc in back loop of next st*, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space] Do this 3 times, repeat from * to * once, 1 dc in next st, join with sl st to top of ch3.
(124dc, 4-ch3 spaces)

Finish off.

Rnd 9: Join Color A with sl st to any ch3 space, ch3, (1 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in same ch3 space, [*1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 SDTC in free front loop of st below next st, 1 dc in each of the next 6 sts, 1 SDTC in free front loop of st below next st, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 SDTC in free front loop of st below next st, 1 dc in each of the next 6 sts, 1 SDTC in free front loop of st below next st, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts*, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space] Do this 3 times, repeat from * to * once, join with sl st to top of ch3.
(124dc, 16 SDTC, 4-ch3 spaces)

Optional:

Rnd 10: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in next st, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch3 space, [1 sc in each of the next 35 sts, (2sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch3 space] Do this 3 times, 1 sc in each of the next 33 sts, join with to first sc.
(156sc, 4-ch2 spaces)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl February 15, 2010. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

post-11825-135897504957_thumb.jpg

I just love this square, and I don't normally like squares with trebles. I think the square in multi-colors is very attractive, and I'll try making it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived