Stashbuster rugs

MarvieN

This is what I made yesterday while sitting outside with the neighbor's husky that I am doggie sitting during the day this summer.

I had some yarn that was given to me by the lady who runs the base thrift shop, it had no labels but the stuff was much too itchy to use as a wearble, so I decided to turn it into a rug. I had 6 skeins of the stuff, so even using double strands I ended up with two rugs =) The larger one is a bit more pointy than I wanted, but I ran out of yarn before I could round it out. I still have to hide the ends but otherwise, they're done. No idea where I'll use them, though I'm thinking now that that they might go perfectly in the bottom of the cat baskets... seeing how interested Tigger is lol.

stashbusterrugs2fh.jpg

Wow, you are right, the yarn does look like mine. Nice mats. I hadn't seen them before, they are really nice. My yarn is recycled from a cardigan my sister knit for me many years ago, but that I rarely wore. Don't tell her. I think it was just Shetland chunky. But it was made over ten years ago, so I can't be sure.

Thanks everyone =) Yep, the cats are already liking them. Even though it's mostly too hot for laying on crocheted stuff, they have been using them a bit lol. I think they'll like them more once the cold hits in a month or two =)

Twinkle that rug is great! I think a round one is next on my list when I have extra yarn, or if I find more rug yarn =)

Archived