Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

After much frogging due to not being able to find my hook case and having to use one of the ones I have at hand, I've got 3 1/2 sc squares done. Using my K hook and working tightly I've got gauge of just a hair over the 8" squares, so this should only increase my yardage needs slightly. Still not sure how closely I can stick to the pattern colors because I need to use what I have in my huge tote of Vanna's Choice rather than buy new yarn, but it's started in Little Boy Blue.

It's a pain working without your hook case isn't it? DBF offered to go to the post office tomorrow and mail me my hook case,:manyheart I told him I could hold out until the weekend. He also threatened to buy me a bunch of yarn to kill my stash busting score :laughrollhe can be a bit impish sometimes.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished a DC square as well, now that I have at least one of everything I laid them out and took a picture, the purple came out really blue again I'll try again in the morning if it's sunny out.

post-24816-135897502953_thumb.jpg

Not going to alternate the direction of the rows like in the pattern though because my "squares" are half an inch longer than they are wide.

Yay for a productive day!:yay:yay:yay and back to work:hook

Morning folks --

I hope you are all warm and dry wherever you are this morning . Freezing here, but it's winter, so it's what to expect in our state .

Anyhow, congrats to those who are making progress and completing their squares .

I think I need 11 more to finish mine up. I have been adding as I get one done, so it's all put together to this point. Just need to work hard this week to get the rest done ,put together then border it and it's done .

Grace- thanks for sharing the photo -- very pretty !

You all have a good day .I'll stop in later -- gonna get some work done on these today to try to wrap this up soon .

Good morning everyone.

It's a pain working without your hook case isn't it? DBF offered to go to the post office tomorrow and mail me my hook case,:manyheart I told him I could hold out until the weekend. He also threatened to buy me a bunch of yarn to kill my stash busting score :laughrollhe can be a bit impish sometimes.

Personally, I'd let him buy the yarn!

Finished a DC square as well, now that I have at least one of everything I laid them out and took a picture, the purple came out really blue again I'll try again in the morning if it's sunny out.

[ATTACH]16221[/ATTACH]

Not going to alternate the direction of the rows like in the pattern though because my "squares" are half an inch longer than they are wide.

Yay for a productive day!:yay:yay:yay and back to work:hook

That's going to look nice.

I managed to get a whole 3 squares done yesterday. i also knit a little, but mostly i read a book and some magazines. I think I need to make 5 more squares. I haven't sewed any more together, since the picture I took a few days ago though.

I have to go out and run some errands this morning, but I'm hoping to get a lot finished on this project this afternoon.

Good morning, all. All the sc and dc squares are finished now. Made my first dc square last night. I hope to get the squares finished by the time the Crochet Games come along. Like Graceylue, I don't plan on turning my squares in different directions. My obsessive compulsive self couldn't stand it. LOL LOL

Haev a good day, everyone. Stay safe and warm.

well good morning everyone....

Its snowing ..... again. ugh classes are cancelled ....again and it looks like I have plenty of time to work on this ghan today i now have a total of squares done. I am alternating which squares i work on so that i dont get bored.

I need to get some work done on my Tree of Life ghan so I will check in today often. I will see you ladies in a little bit.

Good morning, all. All the sc and dc squares are finished now. Made my first dc square last night. I hope to get the squares finished by the time the Crochet Games come along. Like Graceylue, I don't plan on turning my squares in different directions. My obsessive compulsive self couldn't stand it. LOL LOL

Haev a good day, everyone. Stay safe and warm.

You know, originally I didn't notice that some of the squares were sideways and it had occurred to me that instead of sewing squares together, you could just make strips of squares, alternating yarn colors and stitch patterns. it would've made assembly so much easier.

well good morning everyone....

Its snowing ..... again. ugh classes are cancelled ....again and it looks like I have plenty of time to work on this ghan today i now have a total of squares done. I am alternating which squares i work on so that i dont get bored.

I need to get some work done on my Tree of Life ghan so I will check in today often. I will see you ladies in a little bit.

does that mean that you will have to retake the class that meets on Monday evenings?

You know, originally I didn't notice that some of the squares were sideways and it had occurred to me that instead of sewing squares together, you could just make strips of squares, alternating yarn colors and stitch patterns. it would've made assembly so much easier.

That's a good point.... WOuldn't have worked with mine, though, because some colors would have likely ended up next to each other. I like that look only when I plan it that way.

Everyone's doing great!!:clap:cheer:clap

Gardener- well that is what the instructor told us... but since the class is only 15 people because it is a higher level course I'm hoping that maybe we can get the students to agree to meeting on a different night one week to make up a class. That would prevent all of us from having to retake the class that is required for the business administration degree. I have the same instructor for 2 of my other courses and he is very accomadating and think he might like the alternative if we can get the students to agree. I was told there was a class that did the same thing last winter. Till then I will be praying that it will work out.

Good morning all...I haven't started this yet because I'm still working on the Tree of Life Afghan...but soon...

Hope you're all doing good and staying warm if you're in an area that got a lot of snow...

Mornin’ mates!

How ya all be on this fine snowy morn?

Arrr… it be cold out there today!

I be hopin’ to get some of me squares done today! I still be workin’ on hubby’s Valentine Flannel’ghan. Tis was a bit tough to work on it his weekend with him home.

I be getting’ close. I be have finished with the last strip… then need to decide if its long enough… and if so… put it together! :whew

Well.. I be off to refill me coffee cup and get to crochetin’!

Have a grand mornin’ all!

:heart

:mug

aka: shipmate lookout!

:yay:yayWell after a long snowy weekend I've gotten all of the DC squares done. I did a few other things for other projects as well. Time to take a break for a day or two on the squares though....if I see another one I may go postal!!!!!:devil

Gardener- well that is what the instructor told us... but since the class is only 15 people because it is a higher level course I'm hoping that maybe we can get the students to agree to meeting on a different night one week to make up a class. That would prevent all of us from having to retake the class that is required for the business administration degree. I have the same instructor for 2 of my other courses and he is very accomadating and think he might like the alternative if we can get the students to agree. I was told there was a class that did the same thing last winter. Till then I will be praying that it will work out.

I hope that works out for you, it sounds like a much better alternative than retaking the class.

I'm just popping in for a quick visit, see what others are up to today. I'm getting much needed "office" work done around the homefront here and then some housecleaning and then MAYBE actually pick up a crochet hook...

LeAnna, I cleaned this weekend, in the hopes that I could have a day to goof off today. However, i ended up running errands all morning. we are supposed to get a lot of snow tomorrow and Wednesday, so I thought it would be best to do them today. Plus I have to work Tues, Thurs and Fri.

hello ladies

what alovelly cal as usual julie :)

can i jump in??

actually i wanna make it in brites for the upcoming baby

ive been toooooo busy with studying as this is my last year at college gonna graduate and deliver the baby on june

hope the baby wont be naughty enough to get out in the time im having my final :P

ok in mind im having the mint blue, green, fushia, and yeallo (from caron brights)

hope they will work out nicelly

thanks Judy

im still pregnant though but didnt know the babu gendre yet but the most guess that she is agirl

i like the brights too but ive just read the pattern again it asks for hook size J and the brights are so fine so i`ll use the one pound skeins

ill make it with sage - rose pink - espresso brown - and cream

the cream is already ordered few days ago so ill work with the rest till it arrives :)

so ill start working now as i dont feel i wanna sleep yet :P

Archived