Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

:clap It's done It's done It's done!!! Post pictures later but I am very pleased with the way it came out. I decided that it looks fine with out an edging on it so I didn't add one to it.

Now I'm lost I don't know what to do....I have a whole week till I can start the FG. Maybe if I start the Optical Art blankie I can get it done by next Friday.

WTG on the speedy finish. Looking forward to your pictures.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marlene, I hope you take pictures of your dolls too.

I injured my left hand last night, (I accidentally banged it against a door knob, and my wedding rings caught and I ended up twisting my ring finger somehow. I'm not really sure exactly how it happened.) My hand is swollen and rather colorfully bruised. I can crochet, but it's slow going, since it hurts if I use my hand wrong. At lest I'm right handed, so things could be much worse.

I think I will get a few more squares finished this evening, but not as many as I had hoped. My dh is sick, so we are just sitting at home.

Hey gang

Wow, lots of posts since I checked in last. I stoppedin a few times during the day and it was pretty quiet in here, so I took the time to work on squares.

I come in tonite, and I am really far behind on posts !

Anyhow, howdy to all --- good job on those still working on your squares . I don't even know how many I have done. I have been putting them together this afternoon, but don't have nearly enough done yet .

Cindy- sorry to hear you hurt your hand.That would slow you down a bit,and also sorry your husband doesn't feel well. My husband had some type of cold/flu stuff last weekend, but is feeling better now .

Hello Marlene ! It sounds like you are keeping really busy on your trip .

Jude- Good job with your knitted square almost complete ! Good job, you finally learned to knit, isn't it a good feeling ?

Jules...it's a GREAT feeling knowing how to knit!!:c9

2 more repeats left...want to finish it tonight so I can work on the squares again. I'm also waiting for a graph pattern to come in (firetruck) so I can start my neighbor's baby gift. I should have the yarn I need in my stash...:D

I've done projects in sc before though, namely the D&I 'ghan, and not had this problem. Oh well I'll get it eventually.

Oh, right! Isn't that the pic in your avatar?

Thanks Judy, I had a great day a work, lovely patients and families. It was maybe a little slow for my taste, but that's okay.

When I was a nurse's aid way back when I liked day shift - it was busy. Once I pulled a double and almost went put of my mind with boredom on that second shift. Same thing when I worked in a bank...give me those busy days anytime. At least everyone was nice for you, so that's a great thing.:yes

I injured my left hand last night, (I accidentally banged it against a door knob, and my wedding rings caught and I ended up twisting my ring finger somehow. I'm not really sure exactly how it happened.) My hand is swollen and rather colorfully bruised. I can crochet, but it's slow going, since it hurts if I use my hand wrong. At lest I'm right handed, so things could be much worse.

I think I will get a few more squares finished this evening, but not as many as I had hoped. My dh is sick, so we are just sitting at home.

Oh, wow...I hope you both feel better tomorrow. Your hand...it IS just a bruise - right??:hug:manyheart:hug

Ok as promised earlier...Here are the pictures, ok just one picture but you know what I mean :D

That came out great! And you were right: It doesn't need a border at all...might be because of the deep colors....it looks great!:clap:clap

I'm going to finish the last 2 repeats I've been delaying on my knitted square...CU all tomorrow:hug:manyheart

OMG! My internet was down all day yesterday and most of today!!! ahhhh!!:eek

It took me about 20 minutes to catch up on the over 10 pages of post

Mommy- That is very awsome that you have already finished your ghan! How did you sew it together that is the part I dread and I actually kinda suck at.:angry

I now have 2scblocks and 2hdcblocks done...go me!

That came out great! And you were right: It doesn't need a border at all...might be because of the deep colors....it looks great!:clap:clap

I'm going to finish the last 2 repeats I've been delaying on my knitted square...CU all tomorrow:hug:manyheart

Thank you , good night see you in the morning.

Jenni, your afghan is just beautiful !!

Thank you so much!

OMG! My internet was down all day yesterday and most of today!!! ahhhh!!:eek

It took me about 20 minutes to catch up on the over 10 pages of post

Mommy- That is very awsome that you have already finished your ghan! How did you sew it together that is the part I dread and I actually kinda suck at.:angry

I now have 2scblocks and 2hdcblocks done...go me!

I would die if my internet was down all day :( I used the whipstitch method and I started at one corner and added squares in diagonal rows sewing on both sides of the middle squares. I had to stretch a few squares as I sew them on but nothing major. I don't know if any of that makes sense but I did it on the diagonal so that the yarn I used to sew with wouldn't show (I used a color that was one of the squares so if I had a dark grey square and red square I would use either dark grey or red to sew the squares on)

I would die if my internet was down all day :( I used the whipstitch method and I started at one corner and added squares in diagonal rows sewing on both sides of the middle squares. I had to stretch a few squares as I sew them on but nothing major. I don't know if any of that makes sense but I did it on the diagonal so that the yarn I used to sew with wouldn't show (I used a color that was one of the squares so if I had a dark grey square and red square I would use either dark grey or red to sew the squares on)

Thanks for the help! For the most part I think I understand:yes We will have to see how well I do since it will be the first time I will sew one together on the diagonal!:scrachin

Till then keep busy :hook

Your hand...it IS just a bruise - right??:hug:manyheart:hug

I'm pretty sure its just a bruise. Just in case it is sprained, I've been icing it off and on since it happened, and it doesn't seem to be getting any worse.

The swelling is a bit better, and I think the pain is less too. I did manage to crochet 2 1/2 squares tonight, and one of them was a SC one.

Goodnight Gardener! I hope your wrist feels better quickly....dealing with tendonitis myself yea... just a little sore tho so im still crocheting. lol

Can I join the pirate ship here?

I'm not gonna try to read through 44 pages of posts...

I'm LeAnna, formally of Germany, but back in the states permanently haling from Vashon Island, Washington State...

I'm LeAnna, formally of Germany, but back in the states permanently haling from Vashon Island, Washington State...

Welcome aboard Matey! lol nice to see you again!

soon you will figure how easy it is to take a break from those FPDC & BPDC ugh! I working on this one for a little back to the other ghan after the exams on monday and tuesday! yeah!!

:woo I have all of the sc squares done!!!!! I don't plan on doing more, either. They are SO ssslowww! Now onto other squares. I should have plenty of time with all of this snow we're getting.:flake

Good morning ,all my mateys !

I'll tell you what,there is snow up to my barnacles here today and it's not done yet .

Winter can quit anytime now .

Anyhow, I see it got busy in here last night after I last checked in ! I was chugging out squares trying to complete this before our big FG games of next week start .

Jenni-your afghan is very pretty ! Love the colors .

And congrats to all who have gotten more progress made .

LeAnna, of course you can join ! We'd love to include you. Do you have colors in mind yet ?

I ended up using different odds & ends, so it's kinda hodge-podge, but it is turning out ok .

Anyhow, you all have a good day. i'll stop in as I can. My grandson will be here this weekend, so I won't have quite as much time to jump in, but I will as often as possible .

Stay warm and dry today !

Good Morning, ladies:hug

Jules...enjoy having Cam over...you're a lucky grandma.:manyheart

I'm pretty sure its just a bruise. Just in case it is sprained, I've been icing it off and on since it happened, and it doesn't seem to be getting any worse.

The swelling is a bit better, and I think the pain is less too. I did manage to crochet 2 1/2 squares tonight, and one of them was a SC one.

That's good news! I hope DH is better today, too:hug

LeAnne...it's great to see you again! Welcome to our motley crew:hug

Second square done!:yay Going to try the sc one again, maybe this time...

:yay:yay

:woo I have all of the sc squares done!!!!! I don't plan on doing more, either. They are SO ssslowww! Now onto other squares. I should have plenty of time with all of this snow we're getting.:flake

They are slow....my fav pattern is the dc, sc...I use that one for dishcloths, too.

We hav :flake:snow:flake:snowand more snow. And it's blowing sideways:P

Hooray -- all 8 single crochet squares are done, and 4 of the hdc squares are finished too. This is turning out to be a very fun afghan. My only problem will be when it comes time to put the squares together. I don't care for putting squares together, but I'll do my best.

Morning folks-- Hey Jude-- we are still getting snow here, but it seems to have slowed down for the moment . We have about 10 inches, I'd guess . A BIG pile .

Debbie-putting the squares together isn't too bad. They are fairly big, so go kinda quickly. I decided to add mine on as I go, so they really aren't in any particular pattern, just put on when I complete one ,but it's ok .. I wasn't really going for a particular look with this, just an afghan with squares to use up some different colors I had on hand .

I think I'll wait til it is complete now to post a photo ..hope to get it done within a couple more days time .

Good morning everyone. Its a lovely bright sunny winter day ehre. No sign of snow. (I'm probably going to be sorry that I typed that!!

Goodnight Gardener! I hope your wrist feels better quickly....dealing with tendonitis myself yea... just a little sore tho so im still crocheting. lol

Thanks, I have tendonitis in my right elbow, so I sympathize with that problem too.

Archived