Basic Granny Square (my first that is actually square!)

Katrala

A lightbulb came on for me this weekend with what a basic granny square was and how to do it. I had been reading directions, but I just kept following along without really figuring out why it looked the way it did when it hit me, "Oh, THIS is the reason I'm doing ch 2."

I made a basic little square that isn't fancy or anything, but I'm proud of it for the simple reason that it's actually square and it looks like something!

I didn't color change in the right place, I figured out I should have color changed after I slipped the stitches, not before.

post-35236-135897494861_thumb.jpg

That looks great!

Here's something I've come up with. When I change colors on a granny square, I fasten off the yarn and start the new color in the center of a corner, usually a different corner so when I weave in the ends it's not too bulky in any one corner.

Know what you mean, took me forever to get it right!! Now you need to look at videos to "join as you go" and you'll really be hooked. Look on youtube for Teresa's videos; she takes you step by step. Good Luck

Gotta love the granny squares. Good job in figuring out the pattern and getting it done. Now the sky's the limit. You can do anything. Keep crocheting, girl.

Archived