Denim String Granny Square Purse

trailrprkprincs

Thanks to some help in the Clinic thread I was able to complete this 2 yr old WIP! I used some vintage (?) Aunt Lydia's Denim Thread found at a thrift store. I wish I would have done something different than just SC for the strap, so I may redo it later. Also thinking about adding a flap...what do ya'll think?

post-34496-135897490855_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Instead of a flap maybe just a zipper or magnetic closure? If you want more embellishment that a flap provides maybe just make a couple of flowers to tack on. I think it is very pretty,I find sometimes that flaps get in my way,but that is maybe just me. ;)

A sc strap is perfect. I make all my straps in sc, or for skinny straps just a ch with slst back down it. Remember the straps (or handles) take all the weight and you don't want them stretching down to your knees if you do longer sts.

I agree with Sockmad ~ I only make flaps on very small bags. I would make ties at the top of your bag, so it's just enough to keep it from coming open.

I would also make some small embellishment to dance across your lovely color. A few small flowers or butterflies or hearts would be so cute. Of course, then all your friends would be asking you to make them a bag, ha, ha!

Archived