Broomstick Lace Scarf

CraftyZone

This is the first time I have made this pattern for a scarf for my Aunt. I have always wanted to make Broomstick Lace pattern before but I finally found a video that helped alot. Her name is Donna and I will enclose her link for you if you want to check it out. I made my scarf with Red Heart Classic Yarn in peach and I am making another in purple with Caron. I decides to do couple rows of single crochet before I started the Broomstick Lace it gives a solid base. I have enclose a couple pictures for you to see.

Here is Donna's link.

:c9

post-24319-135897490782_thumb.jpg

post-24319-135897490788_thumb.jpg

post-24319-135897490792_thumb.jpg

Great, I have always wanted to try this stitch but, it has really intimidated me until now. She is a very good teacher. Thanks for posting the video. How much yarn did you use for you peach colored scarf?

I want to learn broomstick lace again. I learned how over 20 years ago, so that I could make an afghan for my daughter. I made the afghan and used it while she was a baby, but did not keep it up so now I can't remember what I did. I will visit youtube and check out the video. I already have the broomstick needle I brought it about 3 years ago.

Your scarf is very pretty.

These scarves are so fun to make and I like that it goes fast I will make many more colors they are great gift. I want to try to make a shawl and then an afghan with the stitch. I thank you for looking.

Archived