first projects!

Alucard

so here are my first ever crochet projects. I made 3 scarves for some relatives. The blue one was the first one that i made. I accidentally made it thinner as i went on, so once i figured out my mistake i figured i would just finish it and do the same on the other side. The second one was the second one that i made. I used noro silk garden yarn (i am now in love with noro) but i ran out half way though and no store in town had the exact same color so i had to go with the next closest one lol. The third one i also used noro for. That is the one that i like the best so far. I just double crocheted the whole way for all of them. I know that they are not perfect, i think they are all slighting crooked at some parts. I would appreciate any comments/criticism on them, so i can improve next time! :) Oh and i almost forgot, i took the pictures before i wove in the ends where i joined the yarn lol.

post-34128-135897489409_thumb.jpg

post-34128-135897489413_thumb.jpg

post-34128-135897489416_thumb.jpg

thanks everyone! And thanks for the suggestions..i will definitely count more carefully. i felt a little bit rushed trying to get them done for the holidays. So im really looking forward to taking a step back and going through things more slowly.

Great job on all of them! I think it was an excellent idea to just make the other side the same on that one scarf. Already you are learning to modify things.

Here's looking forward to seeing your future projects! Crochet certainly does become an addiction for most of us....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are braver than I, and much better than I was after my first projects. Be very proud of yourself, and your efforts. As I recall at about the time I had made just about the same number of stitches as you have here, I was convinced I was going to be the first person in the world who couldn’t learn to crochet. Hang in there it is only going to get better.

John Hablinski, Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

Archived